“"Very nice - very plush" said my very particular American boss!”
Review of Marconi Hotel

Marconi Hotel
Ranked #106 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I booked this hotel on behalf of My American boss who is a very, shall I say - particular kind of guy!
He was on a business trip to Milan with a colleague and needed a hotel in the area.
When I initially looked at the hotel website it quoted a price for 2 nights in 2 single rooms with breakfast included. However when I looked again the price had increased considerably.
I contacted the hotel and spoke with the Manager - Jonni, who agreed on the original price. This was all confirmed in an email and on his arrival in Milan my boss specifically rang me to inform me that he was impressed with my choice of hotel - It was very nice and very plush. Phew , always a worry when choosing and booking on someones behalf - especially your boss!!!
On his return from Milan both my boss and our colleague had enjoyed their stay and would highly recommend The Marconi for business or pleasure. Better still, I got brownie points although I was hoping for a nice bottle of Italian Chianti!
Jonni, If you're reading this then I would like to say a big thanks for all your help. If I ever get to Milan then it'll be The Marconi hotel for me.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Very good location, nice staff, clean rooms, excellent breakfast

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My husband and I wanted to spend a long weekend in Milan and came across this hotel by chance through Lastminute.com. It is in easy walking distance to the central train station and Metro lines making it ideal for visits to the Duomo and La Scala. The hotel was clean, tidy, with an excellent breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful. I asked for a softer pillow on our way out one morning and it was on the bed when we came back in the evening. On Easter Saturday we found a little bag of Easter eggs in our room - a nice touch. The location of the hotel is in a business district. This means at weekends in particular it is very quiet, but it also means there is not a huge choice in places to eat or shop. That said we found a couple of nice restaurants not too far away which suited us just fine. We had a great time and I would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GeraldineT56
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed here for business. The hotel is a five minute walk from Central Station and a 20 minute walk to the Duomo area. Staff was excellent - very friendly, accomodating and helpful. The rooms were clean and more than fine for a business trip. The breakfast in the morning was very good, typical European style, with some hot items, pastries, fruit, cereal...All in all a very positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jimmybobop
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for business, last September. I suppose they gave me a free upgrade, because I reserved a double room for single use and the room was really huge, with wide windows, king bed, nice toilet... I supposed part of the hotel - including my room! - has been recently renovated.
Location is quite good, it's just 5 minutes by walk from the main rail station, or in general from the underground station. And this was super for me, as I was travelling in Milan for business!
Compared to what I paid, I truly recommend this hotel as rates are good and you got quality!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I stayed in Milan for business purpose. I was totally satisfied with Marconi Hotel. It is so beautiful, I didn't even expect. I can't say that it is business hotel, more for leisure, though I was not working in the hotel, so I didn't meet any problems. I recommend this hotel to family vacations and romantic weekends.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed two nights at hotel Marconi and enjoyed it. The room was clean, quiet and beautiful and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast room was a little bit crowded because the hotel was fully booked. The breakfast quality could have been better because the fruits were unripe but altogheter it was ok.
advantage: walking distance to central station
disadvantage: internet is NOT free