Hotel Garda
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Hotel Berna(Milan)
  • Room Service
All reviewscentral stationmilano centralesingle roomhotel is locatednext morningbudget hotelplenty of hot watershort stayexcellent locationone night staymalpensa airportthe hotel is cleanstreet noisemain attractionsreception staffmin walkcroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2012

the location is great, close to train station and MRT, very easy to find. When we arrive a cold young man at the desk he just said the rooms were not ready yet and did nothing.... we came back one hour later check in with an oldder man who talked more and was friendly made us feel better. We had 2 double rooms on the first floor they are quite big and comfortable but the one facing the main road was a little bit noisy. Internet connection is expensive. I think this hotel is too commercial.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank kaminako
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Milan hotels are expensive, so for 65 euro for a double this was a fair price (did not include breakfast). The room was comfortable: we slept well in the bed and there was plenty of hot water. There's some noise-bleed from other rooms, so you may wish to wear earplugs. I was annoyed that the hotel charged for wi-fi since most places provide it free, and it was a slow connection.

The location was perfect since the airport shuttle dropped us close by, and we took a train out of the nearby station to our next destination. There's a grocery store about five minues away.

Note that the hotel charges an additional city tax above the quoted room rate.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PicnicAtTheCathedral
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel is located very close to the train station which is why I decided to stay here. However, the staff wasn't friendly and helpful at all. The room was small and didn't strike me as the most clean or updated room. The shower was very odd in the room and didn't have a divided area from the toilet so water went everywhere when I showered. This hotel charges for Internet and they charge per device so if you have a phone and a computer be prepared to pay for both.

So one night I decided to take the stairs down being the elevator is only big enough for 1-2 person and is very slow. While walking down the stairs the lights were out at the bottom so i tripped down the last couple of steps and broke my phone as it hit the floor just as hard as I did. So after returning from a drink at a local bar I found the door to enter the hotel was locked and I begin to ring the buzzer. 10 minutes after standing in the rain a very grumpy old man came and let me in. I wasn't happy! I don't recommend this hotel to others and I will not stay here ever again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ATLtoEUR767
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We traveled as a couple to northern Italy in late October, 2012. We stayed one night at the Garda at the beginning of our trip and we booked our last 3 nights there when Superstorm Sandy caused our original return flight to cancel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel's map of the city was all we needed to find our way to all our Milan distinations. By the end our our 2 week trip, we knew that a 5 euro charge per each 24 hours to access the lobby computer was a good deal. Our rate did not include breakfast, but Nico's up the street provides what you need. The location of this hotel is great. It's on a quiet street, but close to the Central Train Station and in walking distance to restaurants and a grocery store. The nearest metro stop is a block away. The rooms are small by American standards, but the price is good. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #108 for 1 night, then in room #106 almost 2 weeks later for 3 nights. While boths rooms are fine, 106 is better. It has a mini fridge and more conveniently located electrical outlets for hair drying. 108 has a big tub, but I liked the shower stall in 106 better.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Despite the fact that this hotel is located only 400 meters from the central railway station in Milan centre that also is the base for all the buses to and from the airports this hotel had nothing else to offer.Firstly we had booked and payed (no cancelling/refund as it was promotion) for this stay in early september through a well known internet booking site.the exact booking was for a refurbished room also stated in the booking form.when we arrived what we got was a ground floor room that was also the first in the alley leading to the rest of the ground floor rooms.what was wrong about it?i had arranged a 4:20 bus and therefore need to rest early in the evening but couldnt do so because of the hotel bar/caffeteria located next to our room and all the buzz deriving from its customers.Secondly,the room wasnt refurbished at all on the contrary it looked like it hadnt seen a redecoration since the '80s,the bathroom since the '70s and the view marvellous as it ovelooked something that looked like the hotels heating unit.Thirdly the heating was mainly distributed in the room by two radiators that were simply underperforming plus an airconditioning unit so old it could easily fit into a museum and that i simply couldnt make it work just in order to give that little extra heating in the room.Finally the internet as usually happens to the great hotel chains but seems out of date when happens to smaller hotels, is not free but charged at rate of 1 euro per half an hour session or so.I have to say thought i did not complaint at all to the hotel management because i only used this hotel for a good sleep's time so it felt as unecessary to do so since the length of my stay was limited to half a day.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple