“Be aware of bed bug”

Ranked #184 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Chicago, Illinois
“Be aware of bed bug”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was bitten with 6 red marks on my neck when I stayed at this hotel last week of Oct 2012. I had to disinfect all my belongings after I returned from Milan. It was an unbearable endeavor that no one wants to go through for two nights spent at the hotel. OK value if you do care about bed bug.

Tom

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were very pleased with our 2 night stay at Hotel Garda this summer. The service was very good, everyone was kind and responsive to our needs and requests. We stayed in a "comfort room" which was basic but very nice, clean and quiet. The location is excellent, easy walking distance to the train station and close to a metro stop. Good value. We booked through their website and got a discount. We had 3 rooms in total and everyone was of the same opinion. Basic clean rooms, good value, good location, exactly what was required. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Awful smell left after 2 minutes and booked into another hotel, very poor quality. Staff didnt seem surprised when we left. Not three star at all bad value for money. Ok if you were expecting a one star hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during a recent trip to Milan to see the Grand Priz at Monza. Understandibly as it was a peak time in Milan the room rates were a lot higher than normal. We paid aprox £220 for the Saturday night, £160 for the Sunday and £100 for the Sunday night. This is a good 3 star hotel. Great location near the train and under ground stations. Acceptable clean (basic) room, friendly reception staff. Near some nice places to eat. The rubbish truck coming down the street emptying the bins very early in the morning woke us on two out of three mornings. However when you have paid that much for a room in a 3 star hotel you cannot say it is good value. That said if we came back at an off peak time we would consider staying again depending on what other hotels were offering at the time and the cost of staying here. If you want a basic hotel in a goo location I would recommend if the price was right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Samantha032
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Hotel Garda Milan is an OK Hotel near Central Station.
Great value for money. Excellent location for tourists near metro station and Central Station.
(around central station you can see many homless people at night, but
Rooms are a bit old but clean.
No free wifi (like many other hotels in Milan).
We didnt had breakfast during our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Maroochydore, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband found this hotel while we were on the train to Milan. The review he read, mentioned about the renovated rooms with new air conditioning. The reception tried to give us the older rooms but we stuck to our guns and asked to look at the options. We were happy.... On the ground floor, spacious bathroom, room and air conditioning that worked! We were also glad that it was close to the train station. The location seemed a little sleazy as it had hotels around the area that charged by the hour but it did not worry us as we were happy with the price and what we got.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank KMSM44
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I booked by telephone and I was told it had a good review. I checked in and wasn't impressed by the staff at the desk. They were civil but not very welcoming.
I then asked for an Iron so I could iron my clothes for the next day and ALAS!! THEY DO NOT ALLOW IRONING ON THE PREMISES. I WOULD HAVE TO SEND THEM TO THE LAUNDRY. Unfortunately, it was a weekend and the Laundry was not going to be available until Monday. It just got worse.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to appear welll groomed in the morning. I had a meeting planned for the next day and since I had to appear well dressed, this hotel would have put me in a difficult position. I had to improvise. The hotel was not helpful.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor with lots of traffic on the corridor