“Nice and fair price”
Review of Hotel Garda

Hotel Garda
Ranked #192 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I wasn´t expecting much but it was a nice place to stay for one night. My husband and I booked this hotel because of its location, close to the train station. The room was good, very clean, confortable bed, and with an access to a balcony. The bathroom was big, with a bathtube. There was no curtain or box enclosing the bathtube, but it didn´t bother me. The breakfast was pretty good. The internet access could be free, it costs 5 dollars for 24 hours.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaTheodora

Reviewed April 23, 2012

it's a small, cozy hotel next the central station in milan...the shuttle buses from both airports stop there too...the hotel is renovated, heated, very clean and the personal is very professional and speaks english...restaurants in the area are less expensive than downtown...close to the hotel there is a supermarket and a mcdonalds...
a minus: in italy internet costs 2 euro/hour!

Room Tip: my room was a single on the street side but there is no noise and no light as it has a wooden blind...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2012

good location
convenient, very close to metro station, train station and airport shuttle
only minor problem in bathroom: shower curtain block drain easily and make the whole floor wet

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was flying into Milano as there were no flights from Ireland into Venice, so as the flight was early morning, I decided to stay the night and check out a taste of Milano and travel by train to Venice the next afternoon.

This hotel is a leisurely 2 min stroll from the train station, and a good choice for me as I didn't want to haul my bag too far.

I got an excellent rate here; single room, top floor, AC worked well, mini fridge and everything exceptionally clean. I took the cheaper rate for 10:30am check out, but hotel looked after my bags till my 3pm train.

As well as being near the train station (and airport bus drop off) it was very near the Milano hop on hop off bus stop, so after checking in early (no problem) I went out to explore Milano. Lovely! I'd say the hotel was about a 20 min walk from the Duomo, and a 10 min walk from a beautiful park which would be handy if you had kids to entertain, as on a Sunday it has pony rides, mini train rides, carousels and the ducks and turtles/terrapins, huge koi's to watch in the lake. Or,like me, you could sit in the blazing sun and enjoy an ice cream and watch the dogs in the dog park.

Good hotel choice for a one night stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Near Milan train station, 15 minutes walk from the Milan historical center. Clean room, good room service and food prices. The wifi internet is not free, you need to pay, and is expensive.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had stayed in Hotel Garda last Oct 2011 and decided to stay again this March 2012 due to its location and reasonable price. Unfortunately, this time, we were given a room at the back which was stuffy and warm. But i cannot fault the hotel for the fluke weather and inability to open air conditioning as it is beyond their control.
However, I was very disappointed with their attitude. Our trip involved going a few days off to go to Como and Stresa and then going back to Hotel Garda in between the trips. At check in, we advised them of this and requested if we could leave our baggage instead of bringing all our stuff during the short trips. The immediate reply was it was not allowed and we could leave it at the train station. Only upon an appeal did another staff grudgingly agree to keep the baggage for our first 2 nights out but still did not commit for our next trip. So we checked 3 hotels in the area who were all agreeable to keep our luggage even if we were not yet staying in their hotels but will stay in their hotels from our trip. We stayed in Garda for the first 2 nights as our booking could no longer be cancelled but we cancelled our bookings for the other nights Why choose a hotel who does not appreciate your continued patronage when other hotels are so gracious to accommodate you even if you were still not a guest. This is the last time I will ever stay in Hotel Garda.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

No wifi is a shame, and this is a problem with many Milan hotels, very disappointing.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends