“Location!”
Review of Hotel Fenice

Hotel Fenice
Ranked #135 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed December 17, 2013

There are many things people look for in a hotel: rooms, services, amenities and location just to name a few. To me, location of the hotel is the most important. Of course, the rest are also important, but I guess they do not need to be awesome.

Fenice Hotel is located at one end of Corso Buenos Aires. You have shops and restaurants on this street right up to the other end, about 1.5km, minus the small lanes of hidden gems. What is even better is that this hotel is located right next to Porta Venezia metro line. Depending on the right exit of this station, it is less than 50 metres to the hotel. You can walk from this hotel to the Duomo or Centrale FS, or you can take the metro. As for the price, we paid 100 euros for 1 night. Is it worth it in terms of money? Well I guess it's subjective :)

We stayed one night in this hotel before moving on to Venice. The room that we stayed in is good enough. Not awesome, but good enough to rest for the night. And everything is clean. Moving our luggages from the hotel lobby to the room is also easy. Breakfast was not spectacular, but good. The service staff are friendly and approachable.

I would recommend everyone to this hotel for its simplicity and location :).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I had to book a hotel quickly as we didnt have a time to look too much and so I booked Hotel Fenice as it was the first on the list it came up with good grades (8 points on Booking) and fair price.

It's not bad, but no prize either. Plus are clean sheets and tolilet and good location. Minus - the room seems a bit claustrofobic (in sq meters it's not that small but in width the bed comes very near the other side), toillet is also small and walls next to other side of bed are dirty (because the passing is so small that everyone leaves its mark when passing by). In addition our room looks at the back of the building so zero view and it get noisy in the morning because of the kitchen below, but that at least get you out of the bed if you had long night at the bars.

Breakfast say average.

All in all, if you need a place for a night, why not, but for more than that, I wouldn't book

2  Thank Mojmiro
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had booked a double superior room and when my wife and I arrived we were shown to a very small double room where we could barely walk around the bed. Although the room was clean and tidy I felt that it was not the 'superior' room I had booked. When I went back to reception to discuss this the receptionist became very defensive and started arguing that it was about the typology of the room not the size. After a bit of banter she said that on the following day another superior room, larger in size would become available. She offered us the opportunity to look at it before deciding whether we wanted to move. The next day I was shown the room and to me certainly looked more like the type of room I had booked so we moved in. I have to say that our new room was comparable with other places we had stayed in Italy in terms of cleanliness and comfort, while the standard of breakfast was good. The desk staff though could do with an injection of personality or a smile or two which would at least make guests feel they were welcome. The best thing about the hotel was its location on Corso Buenos Aires, only a short walk to the Duomo.

Room Tip: The double superior rooms facing Corso Buenos Aires are spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick L
Reviewed October 9, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, with very helpful staff. It is in a very good location, 10 min. walk to Milano Duomo and the metro station is just in front of the hotel. Nearby, you can find very nice restaurants and gelateries. The breakfast was also good. The room were cleaned up every day, like you were just checking-in.
I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

When my partner and I arrived at the Fenice Hotel we were greeted by a rude receptionist who informed us that our double room had been 'double booked' to the point that there were 5 people expecting to stay in the room that night. The receptionist seemed to take the view that this was our fault rather than the hotel's and refused to apologise or accept responsibility, shrugging off our annoyance and saying we'd be sent to an 'equal' hotel 300 meters down the road. Once we arrived at the second hotel it was clear that it wasn't 'equal' and upon asking the receptionist how much they charged per night, we were left even more annoyed as we had paid £79 to stay at the Hotel Fenice, but the second hotel only charged 69 Euro per night, something which the receptionist at the Hotel Fenice had conveniently forgotten to mention. The manager of the second hotel also pointed out this was a regular occurrence for the Hotel Fenice. We returned to the hotel to try to get the balance of the room rate back and the receptionist was less than helpful, again attempting to shrug us off and saying the manager (who was absent) would have to deal with the refund, without wanting to tell us when the manager would be back. We continued to press our case however and she reluctantly gave us the refund. This was an awful lot of hassle for what should have been a straightforward one night stay in a middle of the road hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chloe H
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nothing overly fancy, but good hotel if you need an okay place to stay in Milan that is not too expensive. The rooms were clean and the breakfast selection was pretty good. The majority of the staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple