“Nice venue in the heart of Milan ..”
Review of Casa Borella

Casa Borella
Ranked #3,441 of 8,513 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navigli
Description: I'm Cristiano Cova and I've been The new manager of Casa Borella since 1st May 2012. After some changes in the restaurant I've officially opened it on 17th May 2012.I'd like to tell you that something has changed. First of all I want to say thank you to all the people who have already had dinner by Casa Borella and I wish to invite all those who haven't had the chance to come yet.Please don't hesitate to tell your experience, I'll be pleased to read your reviews.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

For those you familiar with the finest Flemish interior design architecture, a visit to Casa Borella will make you feel somewhere in northern Europe .. one can even have a canal sea view since this beautiful newly renewed place is situated just opposite the Canal ( Naviglio Pavese).
Food is very italian though, very good selection of cheese and sweet mustard, parma ham, nice bread as starters and then an equally good 'risotto with ossobuco' ( so typical Milanese kitchen) as a main.
Atmosphere is very cozy, we really enjoyed our staying in one of the dumpest and coldest Sunday winters of the year.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This place is nice and charming at first sight. That is why I chose it. However the food was mediocre and not cheap. My baccalà (stewed cod fish) was too salty. Also the cotoletta milanese of my friend was nothing special. Moreover, it was quite cold, and I hate eating in cold places (I was dressed, not naked..). All in all I won't return again.

Cri27, Proprietario at Casa Borella, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Giulia P,
Thanks for your review.
I’m Cristiano Cova, the owner of Ristorante Casa Borella and I’m sorry for reading your comment about your experience at my restaurant.
I changed my life 6 months ago because of my passion for good food and I’m firmly convinced that both raw material and service or atmosphere must always have high quality standards.
My staff and I always ask our guests if they’re enjoying the dinner or if they’re disappointed with something.
If you had expressed annoyance last night, I’d have appreciated it more, because I could have tried to put right easily possible mistakes.
I can assure you our veal steak is always considered very good and I can’t understand what you mean when you say it’s nothing special.
Hope you’ll be able to come either in disguise or by revealing yourself.
I’d be glad to meet you in both cases so that we can comment upon the menu together.
All in all...
Best regards.
Cristiano Cova

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I visited Milano in late August and did not pass up the opportunity to head to Navigli for dinner (I hear that it is dead here during the day). We had no predetermined venue in mind and probably were a little early for the typical Milanese evening meal but it was still light enough to see what the various offerings were.

After doing the rounds of Navigli Grande we settled on Casa Borella because it looked neat and clean and the menu offered quite a lot of variety. The place was pretty quiet, which we put down to our early start but the service was excellent. We both chose the Osso Bucco which was served on a tasty risotto bed. We supplemented the meal with a nice bottle of the local Pinot that finished the evening off well.

All in all, great meal, great service and a lovely location!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our hotel (westin Milan palace) recconended this as a good place to go near the Naviglo area in Milan. It was so beautifully decorated with a very modern style, while still making you fully aware that you were in Italy! They let us sit at the center table overlooking the street. Great people watching. The service was top notch and the food was to die for!!! Large wine list as well. If I'm ever in Milan again - I would go back here and order the entire menu!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We noticed the nice restaurant during a stroll on the Naviglio.
Very well refurbished. Neat furniture. Clean.
At a first glance the menu appeared on the expensive end. So we continued our walk but concluded that it was worth a try (other restaurants on Naviglio were not much cheaper and most of them not so well-kept).
The service proved good and non-invasive. The food excellent.