“Hotel Covour, Milan”

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank M C

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff was very helpful. Bathroom a little small. The hotel is close to the Metro system. The beds were comfortable. The restaurant was not open every night. That was OK because there was a bar menu but there is minimal choices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a treat to finish a great holiday, in a excellent hotel. from Centrali Train station it is only a 7 Eros trip by taxi, so it is very central to shops and things to do.
We cannot wait to return
Peter,
Adelaide South Australia

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I spent two days at the Hotel Cavour, that I chose because of its proximity to the US Consulate. I booked a suite because I wanted office space and needed to work.

The hotel is nice, but nowhere near international standards for a 4-star hotel: the beds were as small and crappy as they could be, the bathroom products lousy, and the much advertised free wi-fi not available, in the room or in the main areas. I asked for a cable to do a wired connection, and not even that worked. The tariff I booked was also advertising a deal with the hotel restaurant, which was closed.

The hotel advertises parking on the property, which is great. What it does not advertise is that it costs 40 euros a night. Despite the no internet and the closed restaurant, I had to pay that amount to leave the car overnight... at least I would have expected a discount given that I was not provided some of the services that were advertised.

Bottom line: if you are on vacation, there are nicer places to be in the city. If you are on business, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Cavour Hotel is situated very close to the city center (Duomo, Galleria, La Scalla), the room was clean and has a nice breakfast. Since this was my second stay at the specific hotel and my husband and I were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary, when I made the booking I specifically requested for a quiet room on a high floor. We were given a room on the 3rd floor, which was in the end of the corridor among two rooms.
I didn't want to make an issue and change the room, but next time I am there I will make sure that I will get what i request for.
Apart from this minor incident my husband and I were very happy with choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Milan was our in/out hub to Italy and on recommendation from our Travel Agent we stayed at the Hotel Cavour on both occasions. We would stay there again. Location suited us perfectly - just far enough away from the hustle and bustle but within an easy walking distance of the Duomo, general shopping area and very close to the more upmarket designer shops.

Reception staff welcoming, efficient and well versed in English. All our questions and requests were responded to warmly, promptly and with a smile. They were even good enough to safely store my husband's golf clubs for 2 weeks while we wended our way to Rome and Taormina and this they did for no charge which was an unexpected surprise and much appreciated.

There is a complimentary WiFi (approx 15 minutes) on the hotel computer in the lobby. Naturally, charges would apply were you to hook up from your room but we found the daily 15 mins more than enough to meet our requirements.

Breakfast was more than adequate and attending staff extremely diligent and obliging.

What I particularly did appreciate was their attention to me - on our second stay there my husband flew out prior to me to go to the UK for a golfing tour - they seemed to recognise there was a woman alone in a strange city - they not only remembered who I was when I tottered out of their lift but went out of their way to ensure I was okay, even alerting me to the fact that the Grandi Saldis were on (sales) and that more stores than usual would be open on the Sunday. I had a marvellous time with their explicit instructions on how to get to them - not sure my husband will when he returns to Australia and sees the credit card bill!

Our room was spotless and when my husband departed the room for the next step of his journey, the maid was clearly aware the room was now to only be occupied by one, turning back only my side of the bed, leaving hotel slippers on a mat for my use. I found that a sweet, personal and thoughtful touch.

Thank you Hotel Cavour. We will return next year when we wend our way to Paris; we both agree we did not give Milan enough time this trip, though we did take the opportunity to do a day trip to Lake Como from there; we realise there is much to be seen in this City, including viewing The Last Supper which we did not have time to do this particular trip.

Overall, a smoothly run little haven, great location and charming staff.

Room Tip: On both occasions we had the standard double, non smoking on the third floor, which was more than su...