Hotel Cavour
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbathroom mirrorpremium roomfashion districtbrera districta short taxi ridehigh techwithin walking distanceexcellent locationrooms are comfortablemajor attractionsenjoyable staythe breakfast arearecommend this hotelnice hotelstayed two nightseach morningil duomo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was traveling to Milan with 4 girlfriends for a girls tour if Italy. This hotel was a short walk to the Duomo and in a quite area. Walking distance to the Armani hotel which was great for drinks. Just becare if your out too late a friend was robbed after her dropped us off a little ways down the street! We even saw Christian LouBoutain having breakfast there one morning!! Clean and comfortable rooms and the best breakfast we had in Italy.

Room Tip: Close to Duomo and shopping La Scala five minute walk away. Not many resterants on the same street and the ones down the block are a little touristy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This hotel was ok. We arrived about 7pm and were messed about by reception saying they couldn't find the key for our room. We waited over 20 minutes when I couldn't undestand why they couldn't just give us another room. They asked if we had requested a smoking room and we said no smoking. In the end they took us up to a room saying they had a temporary key and would return with a key for our use. The room was a smoking room providing ashtray and matches and stunk of cigarettes. They didn't have a no smoking room even though we had booked this room months in advance. It is supposed to be 4 star more like 3. Room not very large bathroom very small although clean and modern. Airconditioner didn't seem to change even though we tried to cool the room. Breakfast was good. Wouldn't use it again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

I thank you very much for your review. These are really important for us.

Also I shall be very happy if you like to write to me your arrival date because what happened on your check-in is not acceptable and in order to avoid something similar happen again, I need to investigate more about it. My e-mail is manager@hotelcavour.it
Thank you again and I hope to see you again at the Hotel Cavour to tray our new rooms ready on next October.

Guido Gallia
General manager

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stayed 2 days in the Cavour Hotel in Milan and I really recommend it. It is well located (only 10 minutes walking from the Scalla and the Duomo) through a nice avenue.
The rooms are clear and good sized. The Wi-Fi is expensive (15 Euros), but you have free public access computers at reception. If you are driving to the hotel consider spending 30 Euros per day in the parking. Breakfast simple, but convenient. For the ladies who would like to enjoy the fashionable atmosphere of Milan, here goes my wife's advice: bring your own hair dryer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
contebenso, Direttore at Hotel Cavour, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

We thank you very much for your comments really usefull, as usual, to improve our service to our guests.
We just would like to inform that we have a new promotion and now we offer wifi for free for guest that book trough our website (click on best rate garanteed).
Also we like to inform that gusts that do not find powerfull enough the hairdrayer wallmounted in the bathroom can ask to the cocierge to have an extra haidryer.
We hope to have the opportunity to see you again at Hotel Cavour and show you new rooms, that will be ready for next autumn, in order to know your opinion.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Very friendly front desk staff. I needed a charger for my phone, they lent me one with no problems. I had a friend arriving later in the day, and left him a message. Every time I passed the front desk, they recognized me by name, and let me know my friend had not arrived. They provided directions, suggestions for restaurants, and were very helpful. The room was small, but very clean. I would recommend this hotel. Would have been nice if they had free wi-fi, as most hotels do.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

We thank you very much for your comments . These are our most important basis to understand whishes of our guests and we would like to do our best to fulfill them.
We just would like to inform that we have a new promotion and now we offer wifi for free to guests that book trough our website (click on best rate garanteed).
We also are very happy to inform you that on next autumn we shall open a new wing with new rooms really bigger and furnished with many many new services.
We hope to have the opportunity to see you again at Hotel Cavour to show you our new wing in order to know your opinion.

Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

hotel was chosen for a stopover in milan to buy a bag etc

fantastic location for the shopping district.

comfortable room, helpful staff and 30 mins (& €20) to linate airport in a taxi.

all for €100 vg value