UNA Hotel Century
  • Room Service
  • Pool
NYX Milan(Milan)
1,401 results
All reviewscentral stationjunior suitebusiness hotelhuge roomcentrale fstwo blocksmodern hoteltea and coffee making facilitieshotel entrancemini barfront desk staffbreakfast roomfive minute walkthe air conditioninghotel is greathotel staffvisiting milan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Although we read the reviews on Tripadvisor and well as Bookings we chose to stay here. Located close to the Milano Centrale train station, it is a bit of a chore to locate..in the dark. If they would have their sign lit up it would be better. We thought we had booked a remodeled junior suite. Nope..the first room we were assigned looked like a party had been held there, the carpet was spotted, there were marks on the walls and on the fridge done in blue ink! I went down to the reception and asked to be relocated. Up three floors in a smoking room. It didn't smell smokey so we stayed. Complained about charging for the internet, where all over Italy it is free even smaller towns and hotels. We did not get charged for one night of Internet. The television is circa 1980, the hairdryer older still, there is mold and water marks around the windows. The whole place including the reception and breakfast room are tired and worn down. The hotel is going through a renovation that is sorely needed. The construction noise starts at 8/9 am so don't think about sleeping in. Breakfast was fine for Italian standards, plenty of choices. The reception is exceptional, think they have to be due to the condition of the place.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great location, though well hidden.
Nice rooms.
Terrible service, with unhelpful, unfriendly staff that truly seem to hate their jobs.
Breakfast room is worn down and cramped, which goes very well with the poor selection and the badly cooked breakfast.

Book for location (after the renovation work is done, it is very noisy) eat out and avoid contact with front desk staff. You´ll be fine

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We booked a night here because we were flying out from Bergamo on Saturday and came to Milan on Friday.
We wanted a convenient but nice hotel near the train station so we can just drop off our things to the hotel and go for dinner etc.
1st of all, it took us at least 30 mins to find the hotel even though the whole point was to drop things off quickly. There are plenty of other hotels near the train station that are easier and quicker to get to than this one. Una is located behind some other buildings and they have a unlit, small sign saying where to go to the inner yard which can very easily be missed if you are coming there at night.

Now about the hotel.
It is supposedly 4 stars, at least according to the website I booked it from.
I was expecting pretty good quality for 4 stars.
The hotel is in the middle of construction yard. There is a sign on the reception saying "we apologize for the construction" but at that moment it is a bit late... I don't want to stay in the construction yard, period.
Well, I ignored this thinking that since it is weekend, it wont make much of a difference...
We got a room on 2nd floor. The room was big and clean and that is the only compliment I can give for this place.
The surfaces in the room were old. We had old school camping TV in the room from the 90s, one of those old hair dryers that look like a torture device and a black leather couch that has definately seen some better days.
We decided to go out for dinner but sadly in this area there is not that many good restaurants, really recommend going a bit further to the center.
Got to bed hoping for a good rest and thinking that surely the breakfast will then make up for the old room. In the morning we woke up at 7 am to the construction work starting... We were not impressed.
When we took the elevator down, I actually suggested taking the stairs because there was such a horrible screeching noise coming from the elevator shaft...
The breakfast room was super dated and I was so disappointed in the food as well. Croissants were dry and hard, bacon was so chewy that I started to wonder that maybe it was supposed to be beef jerky, coffee was from a machine... shall I go on? If you wanted orange juice or fried eggs, you actually had to pay extra... 6 EUR for orange juice, 5 EUR for a fried egg. I actually said to my partner that I will just go out to a proper coffee shop to buy a coffee and croissant for breakfast and will be a lot happier.
Above all this, WIFI was 6 EUR per hour which was a complete rip off!

If a hotel is under renovation, the hotel should try to make up for the mess they are putting people in, but instead I felt that no effort was made for this except print one piece of paper to the reception saying "oh by the way, sorry we are under construction".

I will not go to this hotel ever again, not even when the construction is over. If I want convenience and quality near the train station, I can choose from 20 or more different hotels that are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tsjk2010
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days this month in a Junior Executive Suite. The room itself was very nice, however when we went into it there was lots of construction noise. I went back to reception and asked about it. No other rooms were available except the old unrenovated rooms.I was told we should have been told about this when booking, but hotels.com never mentioned it. I asked what times they were working and was told from 8 to 5 which was disappointing. We were given free wifi and mini bar which was ok.

Location is very good, just few minutes from central station. Breakfast was adequate, but not amazing.

I'd recommend a stay in this hotel once renovations are completed.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from renovations
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at junioa suit .Near the tram and central station the hotel is really good situated, the staff is kind the room is clean.The breakfast is fine enough better than other european countries like france, the waiters kind and helpfull..
I recommend the hotel and i go again I will definitely stay there.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends