“Milano Bella” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Milano Bella”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

It's not that close to the station as people stay. It's a 20 minute walk, but there aren't many hotels closer. Breakfast was average and the coffeee is the worst I've had. Outside of that, the rooms were comfortable and it is a pretty hotel. Beware during the summer, the mosquitoes will eat you alive in front of the front entrance. It is about a 30 minute walk to the Duomo. Next time, I will pick a different hotel in Milano.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VLISACCHI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Centro, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience by responding to our survey.

We regret the standards of service fell short of your expectations, especially concerning the breakfast, and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.
I can assure you that your precious comments will be shared with our Food & Beverage Manager in order to take the necessary corrective actions.

Concerning our location, I am pleased to inform you that it it possible to reach easily the Duomo from our hotel with the Tram #1 which pass at the corner of our hotel and is direct to the Duomo.
In addition, our hotel is conveniently located near all the main public transports (tram, bus, subway, train station) and only 5mn walking from the main commercial street "Buenos Aires", where shops are even opened on Sunday!

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you again soon at Ibis Milano Centro, giving us the chance to regain your confidence in our hotel and our brand.

Yours sincerely,

Vincenzo Lisacchi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

One of the best Ibis hotels I have stayed in!
The room even had a safe ! Which is not common for Ibis hotels.
The restaurant on site was good as well as good value!
The breakfast excellent and was included in the prepaid rate. Excellent value for money!
Short walking distance to major tourist sites .Metro and tram lines close by.
Shops and restaurants/bars/cafes in close proximity to hotel.

Room Tip: Highly recommendable !!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Turisti57
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in the review on trip advisor and for your positive comments following your stay at Ibis Milano Centro.

I'm am really glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We strive daily to ensure that the stay of all our guests is special and your review is a source of great satisfaction and motivation.
I will certainly share your comments with my entire team.

We actually received a lot of positive feedback from our guests who say that our hotel Ibis Milano Centro offers the best value for money in Milan.

Thank you again and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon at IBIS Milano Centro.

Revnice, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just one tram stop from Milan Centrale. Clean, comfortable and affordable hotel. Check-in process was longer than usually, because the young receptionist was trainee , but check-out was quick. I will definitely choose this hotel for my next trip to Milan

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DJREV
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill in the review on trip advisor and for your positive comments which are source of great satisfaction and motivation.
I will certainly share your comments with my entire team.
Nevertheless, please accept our most sincere apologies for the delay during the check-in process.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went for 2 nights in this Ibis Hotel in Milano. Its Location, arround 5 minutes walk away from a Metro Station and about 15 Minutes walking from Train Station (Milano Centrale), was good for us and for our Citytrip. It is a pretty large Ibis Hotel. Room have been in the typical Ibis Design - very basic - but clean. Room was notvery large.
Restaurant was good - we had been there for few times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We look forward to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon at IBIS Milano Centro.

Girne, Kyrenia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location of the Hotel is very central. Small (but big enough) room was very clean. Staff was very kind and helpful. Breakfast was avarage but It was enough for me, and coffee was perfect! . food from the mini-bar like a cartoon...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your experience by writing a review on tripadvisor.

We regret the standards of service fell short of your expectations, especially concerning the service provided during the breakfast and at the bar, and we ask you to accept our most sincere apologies.

I can ensure you that your precious comments will be shared with our Food & Beverage Manager in order to take the necessary corrective actions and reach your full satisfaction upon your next stay in our hotel.

We look forward to welcome you again soon at Ibis Milano Centro.

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

clean room,very comfy beds,good quality breakfast,very nice staff,quick checkin/checkout.close to reppublica metro station.a bit noisy because of the tram passing right outside my window.perfect for visiting the city,one metro stop from milano centrale,3 stops from duomo on yellow line M3.

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper,ask for a room facing the back-more quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IoanaNic
Dear Guest,

I'm am really glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Volos, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was visiting Italy with 2 collegues and 4 students and I had chosen IBIS Milano Centro just because I trusted the Accor Hotels chain. I had booked two separate nights as we were flying to and from Milan airport.

For the first night I was asked to pay the city tax for 7 people although guests under 18 are not supposed to pay. Mind that the check-in clerk could see the kids around me plus he had already collected their Identification Cards. As I did not know the regulations, I paid.

On our return, a week later, as I was waiting at the reception desk to pay for the 7 ‘taxes’ again, I saw the relevant notice and inquired about it. Only then did the lady at the reception desk admit that I had to pay for only 3 ‘taxes’. I expected an apology but in vain. Instead, she used various excuses to avoid admitting their 'mistake' and was rather unwilling to complete the refund procedure at that moment. She even told me that I was delaying the other guests in the queue! More than 20 minutes of negotiations later I had to raise my tone of voice so that another lady appeared who settled the matter by not charging any tax for the second night and by giving me a refund of one tax. With me it was fine but wasn’t she supposed to use a more formal procedure such as cancelling the four kids’ invoices of 16th February and issuing invoices for the three adults on the 22nd February?

On top of that, the check-in clerk insisted that I had to fill in a form about the four kids which was written only in Italian – no English version. She told me that it was simple and started translating for me as if I was illiterate. Obviously, she expected me to complete a document I could not read!

Then I proceeded with paying for 7 breakfasts. The next day half our group entered the breakfast room, while no one was there to check on us, and were waiting for the rest to come as we were in a hurry to have breakfast and rush to the airport to catch our plane back. After quite some time we found out that the lady at the entrance of the breakfast room had forbidden the kids to enter because they were not entitled to breakfast!

I went to see her and she insisted that I had not paid for 7 breakfasts and closed her ears with her hands to show her annoyance for my talking to her in an angry way. Then she led me to the reception desk where the clerk searched her archives and told me that I had paid but it was simply their computer system which was not updated. Once again I received no apology for the inconvenience caused both to me and my students. Instead she reminded me with contempt – I dare say – about my not paying the city tax for our stay!

Finally, on checking out, they presented me again with the Italian document about the kids’ info.

Unbelievable as it may sound that is how we were treated as guests at IBIS Milano Centro. Those people managed to spoil our stay in Milan completely by causing us lots of trouble within just 12 hours! I am sorry to say that, although up to my stay in IBIS Milano Centro I had faced no problems at Accor Hotels, next time I will think twice before clicking the button to reserve a room with them.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
VLISACCHI, Direttore at Ibis Milano Centro, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Mrs. Maria B.,

It is with the utmost attention that I have read each of your comments and I am sincerely sorry for the accumulation of problems that you encountered during your stay in our hotel.

The satisfaction of our customers is always at the center of our priorities and I can assure you that your comments have been reviewed with our teams from the reception and the breakfast to focus our efforts on the various points that you highlighted and be sure that such situation doesn't happen again.

I think the very high activity of our hotel encountered during your stay disrupt our service. This is of course not an excuse at all as as an Ibis hotel we should always offer the best quality of service in any situation.

I beg you, on behalf of all our team, to accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Concerning the city tax, I just would like to inform you that the official form has been provided to us by the municipality of Milano and we have already asked them to provide us with an english version of it, which we haven't received until now.
I admit that our Front Desk Manager maybe didn't followed the official procedure to solve the issue concerning the city tax, but be insured that she did so only in order to refund and solve the situation as quick as possible for you.

I really hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again soon at Ibis Milano Centro, giving us a chance to regain your confidence in our hotel and our brand.

Vincenzo Lisacchi

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels