“Average hotel!”

Ranked #150 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Houston, Texas
“Average hotel!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Soperga for 3 nights. Very friendly front desk staff and location is close to the train station. The main lobby is spacious and well decorated. The rooms are very small and the shower is tiny too. Rooms are modern and neatly done. We also felt that the room ac was less than adequate cooling but upon complaint, ac temperatures were fixed. The best thing is its located walking distance to the city center. On our way, we found small restaurants and eat delicious Italian food at those local restaurants. Overall, good location, clean rooms but very small space and average breakfast. Good for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Downey, California
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I saw some reviews about this hotel and their A/C system here at tripadvisor...I should have listened to them!!!

They turn the A/C system OFF in the evening (around 10pm) and will turn back on at 11am the next day. Who stays in their hotel room all day when on vacation? So for 5 nights I have to deal with this and use a file folder as a fan until I fall asleep.

1st night, we arrived around 9pm and after unpacking in the room, I went back down and told them that the A/C is not working. Guy at the front desk answered "I don't know, I don't know talk to manager tomorrow" ...with an attitude. I simply asked him why is the A/C not working? From there, I knew that this will be an issue. Next evening my wife called again and asked why is the A/C not working (11pm) as we couldn't sleep, she was told that there is nothing they can do, the A/C system is now OFF! She was told to open the window and listen to the heavy traffic, people talking/yelling, police sirens blazing outside instead...how can you sleep with these noise she asked, their answer...yes, "I don't know"! It was 78deg that night, it was warm.

Location: is "ok", boring in-fact. Near the Milano Centrale station, restaurant next door has a group of people everynight that you wont trust to hold your camera and ask to take a picture of you, and they are there every night.

Breakfast: is also "ok", they serve Croissant, Ham, Salami, Bologna, Cafe, Nuts, Juice (bizarre flavors) and fresh fruits. Restaurant is located at the basement, newly renovated and super clean.

Room comfort: Bad, due to the A/C system is off in the evening. If you cant sleep in hot weather with out an A/C...DO NOT STAY HERE!

Front Desk: Friendly, but when asked about their A/C they can be nasty to you.

Overall...NOT RECOMMENDED, will NEVER stay here again. I did not pay a hotel for 5 nights and turn the A/C off every night on me.

Room Tip: If you cant sleep in hot weather with out an A/C...DO NOT STAY HERE!..or bring a file folder
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 0mardc

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked a 4-night stay in this hotel because of its vicinity to the train station - it is only a 5 minute walk, as I knew we would be going from the central train station twice.And it was a good choice. The bus shuttle from the airport ends at the railway station, all you need to do is to pick up your luggage and walk to the hotel, which can be found easily. The area around is quite safe and quiet. The hotel boasts three stars, has a large lounge with a flat TV set screen and comfy armchairs on the groundfoor.There is also an outside seating, quite pleasant in the evening - in the inner yard. The rooms are clean, tastefully furnished, towels changed every day. There is also a minibar in the fridge, which we did not use. The hotel is not too far from the centre, either use the metro or you could also walk,which we had to do the last day as the metro was on strike. Breakfast is fantastic,´- a wide choice e.g. mortadella, ham, cheese, preserved fruit, musli, cornflakes, juice, a variety of teas and coffees. All in all, I would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: we chose a quiet room and were given room 115 on the first floor which leads to the inner yard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked into this hotel as it was a good location (close to train station) for our one night in Milan. It is 5 minutes from the station so a great choice if you are just heading through Milan as we were. Located on a quiet street, and the area felt safe to us (despite some warnings we'd heard about the area around the station), we had no problems (and we were out quite late at night). Airport shuttle buses are on the same side of the station as this hotel, so it is really conveniently located for arrivals and departures.

Our room was modern and simply designed, and newly renovated. Well equipped with a room safe and a mini bar (which we used to store our sandwiches). Room was quite small, with a huge bed - which was ok for us as we weren't planning to hang out in the room. No view to speak of.

The reviews we'd read weren't complimentary on the breakfast, which we thought was in a nice room in the basement. Great cappuccino, and a very good selection of continental breakfast. So better than expected.

All in all, I think that the only downside of this hotel is thin walls. If you are a light sleeper, you may struggle (depending on who your neighbors are). We had no problems but best to be forewarned!

The staff weren't the warmest but they were professional and both the check in and check out went smoothly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank egavaghan
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night at the end of May as I met a girlfriend and needed somewhere near the main station to meet. It was a nice surprise. We had a room on the 2nd floor towards the rear of the Hotel so there was no issue with noise. The room had obviously been refurbished recently and it was great. The bathroom was huge and the shower was excellent! The breakfast was standard fare of continental with no other option. Suited us fine. Very efficient and welcoming staff on the front desk. The only disappointment was no free Wi-Fi and it was expensive. However, close restaurants near by offered free Wi-Fi. Would definitely stay at this Hotel again, now that I know how to get there. A better map and directions from Station would be a recommendation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the Hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It was my second stay in this hotel. Last time, I only stayed for one night - it was an average experience, and that's what I was prepared for this time. But I was surprised in a very good way! We got a completely renovated twin room on the 1st floor and it was very good. Neat, clean, comfortable, quite spacious. One very minor drawback - the light in the room was a bit dim. The bathroom was big enough, too. Apart from the room - at the reception and in the restaurant, the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the same every day, but it was good. I guess there's just one thing that stopped me from giving Soperga a 5-point rating now - wi-fi was expensive. Other than that, that's a good hotel. 5 minutes to get to the Central Station (especially cool when you come/go with your bags to/from the airport bus), or the nearest subway station (no more than 10 minutes to the city center by subway).

Summary: nice, clean, affordable hotel that totally matches its 3 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Milan
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the train station. Friendly staff, good breakfast, and clean, comfortable room added to my enjoyment. The outdoor garden area was most enjoyable. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com