“Comfortable hotel with good price/quality ratio near Milano Centrale”
Review of Soperga Hotel

Soperga Hotel
Ranked #148 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Our 5th time in 8 years. Hotel is located about 5-7 minutes from Milano Centrale. Originally we chose the hotel based on this factor. Neighborhood is fairly "quiet", given the location; feels more local Milanese or popular than, say, Corso Buenos Aires, Navigli or downtown. Various metro stations within walking distance. Helpful multilingual staff. Renovated rooms, small frigo in room, comfortable queen size bed.

Paid €62 for the room (w/o bkfst). WiFi is not included.

Only negative point was the price for WiFI (€9/24h).

Still, overall very good price/quality ratio. Will return for sure. Thanks Gianluca and co.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank quasar33
There are newer reviews for Soperga Hotel

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I chose Hotel Soperga for it's proximity to the train station, and for the price. Stayed for 2 week nights in July 2011. Don´t have opinion on breakfast or employes, but my impression was that it was a great catch! The room was big, the bathroom modern. It's located in a one way street, what makes it very quiet. The walking distance from the Central Train station is 300 mts, and halfway there is a roullote where you can buy delicious ice cream with fruit, like you only eat in italy! I will defenitely come back to Soperga Hotel when travelling to Milan, anytime.
Actually, the friend who was with me on this trip, returned to Milan, and also stayed at Soperga. Is great value for money. Strongly recommend it. 10/10

Eu escolhi o hotel Soperga por ser proximo da Estação Central de Comboios, e pelo preço. Ficámos 2 noites durante a semana, em Julho de 2011. Não tenho opiniões sobre o pequeno almoço ou os empregados, mas foi uma bela surpresa! O quarto era espaçoso, a casa de banho moderna. O hotel fica numa rua de trãnsito de sentido único, o que o torna muito sossegado. Fica a 300 mts da estação, e no caminho tem uma roulotte onde pode comprar gelado com fruta, como só se encontra em Itália! Definitivamente voltarei a ficar no hotel Soperga quando voltar a Milão. Aliás, a amiga que me acompanhou nesta viagem regressou a Milão, e voltou a ficar lá. Excelente relação preço/qualidade, recomendo vivamente. 10/10

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 423MariaC
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

My husband and i hv been stay there for 1night. The hotel is newly renovated and the room is quite big. But the lift is very small. The breakfast has a kind selection. 75? per night, breakfast included. We hv booked this through our bank agency, it might me cheaper if you book through agoda.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Nice hotel located near Milan Central Railway station (just 10 mins walk away). It is also near 2 metro stations, one at the Central Railway station and the other at Plaza caiazzo. Rooms were neat and clean, but the lighting in room was very poor. Moreover, not even the basic toiletries were provided. Breakfast display was good but again the choices were very limited. Would like to stay here again because of its location close to Central Railway station and decent rooms and value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Deven J
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel in late October 2012. I find this hotel to be a rubbish hotel especially thebpeople manning it and the tiny size of the room. The reception was very very rude except for one. When I ask for a plastic laundry bag on the night before departure, the thin tall guy with moustache says he will not give me one because I am checking out tomorrow and that I can,t possibly receive my laundry by then. What a jerk. I never had breakfast there even though it was included in my room rate because on the first morning, I walk into this tiny basement breakfast area without a single window, I was put back. Whe I asked the old waiter if I could have fried eggs, he said NO and he spoke to a lady waitress. Then both of them were laughing. I guess they were talking about my weird request. Such rude people. From the on I never walked into this tiny he'll hole again.
On my day of check out, I requested a taxi to Linate air port and the very rude man called for a hired car instead. It cost me 35 Eoros to get to Linate from this hotel. (about 8 km). The receipt I got from this service was from St George Hotel. I guess a taxi ride at 12 noon to the airport will only cost 15 Euros. What a rip off.
I will never ever stay in this hotel again if I travel to Milan.

Room Tip: My room 117 has a window that opens to a flight of stairs....sigh
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Ishaq A
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two different nights and really liked the hotel. It is a short walk from Milan Central rail station, but on a relatively quiet side street, although there is a somewhat noisy cross street not too far away. We could open our windows at night for fresh air, and traffic noise was low until about 6:00AM. The hotel seems to be recently and completely renovated in modern Italian style. Our room was large with a large double bed, plenty of room for clothes and cosmetics, and adequate outlets for charging phones and a computer. The bath was also large, with a standard European square shower but no tub. Breakfast included quality food in a pleasant room. Staff was fluent in English, and were very helpful. Price was very reasonable. We will return if we get a chance.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Because of the close location to Milan's Central Station, I chose to stay here on 2 nights, once before heading to Cinque Terre by train, and once on my return. The first room was a single on the 5th floor, very small and plain. I didn't have a good opinion of the hotel then. Upon my return, I stayed on the first floor, and it appears the room had been recently renovated. It was well decorated, clean, and had a balcony overlooking the street.

Room Tip: Check to ensure the room has been redone in the past 10 years.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family