“MILANO'S HOTEL SOPERGA - NO TRANSPORT WORRIES!”
Review of Soperga Hotel

Soperga Hotel
Ranked #163 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Positioned 5 minutes walking distance from Central Station that offers both domestic and international train travel, as well as being the pick-up and drop-off point for the buses bringing you in and returning you to the smaller airports located on the outskirts of Milano used by Ryan Air for example, plus a very good choice of nearby tube stations (Loreto and Pasteur the two we used), made Hotel Soperga our choice for our 4 day stay in this northern city that is so much more than the financial hub of northern Italy.

Our Milanese friend expressed her disappointment that we had not let her book our hotel, but we needed over eveything, easy transport links because we were on foot, so we liked especially the convenience of Soperga's location. As well, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room and shower were clean, there was a lift and it was reasonably priced - we paid 466 euros for 4 nights. We decided to breakfast in the nearby cafes with an espresso to start each morning and often had dinner in the neighbourhood as well.

The hotel (see photos) does not look much from the outside, so don't be put off. When we stayed there, it was well booked.

Room Tip: Avoid making your booking at the last minute.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank janice1310

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights on a recent stay to Milan. It is very close to the train station, about a 5 minute walk. We were booked into a "standard room" but after reading reviews here, I emailed the hotel about upgrading to a "deluxe room" on the 1st floor. We paid a bit extra (about 20 Euros a night) to upgrade.

The room was clean, quiet at night, bathroom was functional + ok. We had a balcony in our room but hardly used it despite the lovely weather.

When we arrived, our room was warm, so we had to open the "french doors" + put the heating off. After this, it was fine. Couldnt find where the air conditioning system was, should have asked but didnt.

Breakfast was on the basement level. Out the lift or stairs + turn left. All the way to the end of the corridor + left again. Buffet style but enough to keep you going.

The nearest Metro was about a 10 minute walk. (out the hotel + turn right, then right again + keep walking til you see the "M" sign. When arriving back at the station, remember to get out at the right entrance or you have a long walk back!! Up the stairs after getting off the train then turn right not straight ahead. Cant remember what sign to look for, but think its Corsa Buenos Aires or something. You can reach the San Siro, the Duomo Cathedral + the Painting of the Last Supper areas, directly from this metro stop.

Some good resturaunts in the area but more choice around the Cathedral area.

While we would be back in Milan again, we wouldnt stay here again, but only because we would be staying around the Cathedral area or out by the San Siro due to watching a game there.

Finally, if you want to visit the Painting of the Last Supper, you have to book online before you leave home. Also, turn up in plenty time before your stated entry time. They do not accept late comers at all.

Room Tip: Room round the back, quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joviscot
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for one night. The location is good - few minutes from central station, about 10 minutes from metro. Hotel has some old-fashion hotel charm, but the rooms are modern. After 10 hours flight to Milan, I definitely was missing a bath :( also, the nearby street was rather noisy in early morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Pros: 5-10 minutes of walking distance from Train station. Competitive Rates. Clean Room. Cons: cannot iron anything in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2012

When I booked your hotel I asked for a quiet room and when I arrived at the hotel I asked again for a quiet room. I was in Milano for work and I need to sleep very well because I make long and tiring days. 27 feb at 12.00 in the afternoon we came back to the hotel and there were people working above our hotel room and they were making extreme much noise. I wanted to sleep, but that was not possible because of the extreme much noise. I went down to the reception and they told me I could get another hotel room but that would not change anything because you could hear the extreme noise every were in the hotel. I asked Gialuca the guy behind the reception if he could give me back the amount of money from that day we would spend for this hotel, but he told me that was not possible. I told him that I don’t want to pay for a hotel where I cannot sleep because of the noise. Mister Gialuca told me that a hotel is only for sleeping at the night and threatened to call the police if we didn’t pay. I was shocked by the way mister Gialuca spoke to me and threatening me. Since when is a hotel only for sleeping at night time? My work as a journalist continues also during late in the evening and therefore I need to get some extra sleep during daytime. Nobody told me that this work was done during my stay in your hotel, if so I would have looked for another hotel in Milano.
An other point of dissatisfaction was the fact that during the breakfast in the morning the staff was smoking in the kitchen, you could smell it in the whole restaurant. We asked to one of the staff if there was somebody smoking and she said ´yes in the kitchen´and smiled and walked away. Again we were shocked by this reaction of your staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed February 2, 2012

The Soperga Hotel is a clean, comfortable hotel, recently refurbished in a modern style. It was nice to find a comfortable bar to relax in. The staff were courteous and friendly. The breakfast was fine, but not outstanding - we didn't enjoy the fruit juice. The hotel is well located for the Central Station and Metro. We shall be back next time we need to overnight near the central station.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shacklog
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Recently booked this hotel on booking.com in total error and did not notice what the actual dates were set incorrectly and was originally booking for two nights. Would not be in Europe at all during the time the website default setting was put in. The booking did not specify that the charge would be prepaid before arrival.

Spoke to the reception about the issue and they were not willing to listen at all even thought it was a genuine mistake and having to cop a $100 bill that would never eventuate and won't be staying there at all. Could not provide a goodwill refund or any other solutions to help at all.

If anyone wants a free accomodation at this hotel for one night, let me know. Happy to provide you at least then wont be wasting the one night at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple