Booked this hotel as part of a package and was not disappointed.
Location could not be better - 30 minute (5 Euro) bus ride from the airport and 2 minutes walk from the central station and the metro. I opted for a 20 Euro a night upgrade which got us a deluxe room and free wi-fi for the stay - well worth it. I have no idea what a standard room is like bu the DL room was fantastic - modern 4 poster bed (king size), very comfortable. Plenty of TV channels in all languages. The room even had a docking station for Ipods! Only minus point was that there was only one robe & set of slippers provided - small point but there should be 2 sets. Nice little touches such as an automatic light when opening the wardrobe, linen changed daily, cute little heart chocolates by the bed (every day) etc.
Bathroom was like the room, spotlessly clean, nice toiletries, towels changed daily. It was beautifully decorated but a bit on the small size given the ample room space.
Bar / dining area felt very plush and the downstairs toilets were of a very high standard. Complimentary snacks were plentiful and the food in the restaurant was very tasty & well prepared - great service as well.
Staff were friendly and fluent in English but happy to help us improve our basic Italian. Special mention for Giovanni in the restaurant who has a wicked sense of humour - gladly helping us to order a gin and tonic in Italian (gin e tonica by the way!! :-) )
Only minor (very) point was that if you concentrated you could actually hear the distant rumbling of the metro underneath but it wasn't intrusive - on the 4th floor we heard nothing.
All in all a very pleasant stay and it has duly been added to our list of 'must stay again' hotels - well done guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Starhotels Anderson Hotel in Milan is located near the city centre, directly opposite the Centrale Train Station. True to its location, our 4 star hotel in Milan has a metropolitan lounge atmosphere and is a landmark hotel for the Italian fashion industry.Staying here means it's easy for you to reach the historical centre and explore the most exclusive shops and Galleria, fashionable spots and the Navigli. The Starhotels Anderson in Milan features 106 contemporary rooms and suites, 4 conference rooms for up to a total of 70 people. Our Fitness Room is open 24 hours a day. Few restaurants in Milan fuse dining and design quite like the Black Restaurant by Eataly at the Anderson. Take in the cool, minimalist interior as you dip into an artfully prepared menu of international and local dishes, all complemented by an extensive wine selection. Or, for a relaxed morning coffee, a light snack or classic cocktails, the stylish Black Bar is a Milan favourite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Starhotels Anderson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Anderson Milan
- Starhotels Anderson Hotel Milan