We stayed here for four times the past years, every time for christmas shopping.
The hotel is not situated near the heart of the city centre,
you have to take the underground (10 minutes) or a tram.
We went to the duomo by foot several times, but it's a long walk (over 30 minutes).
Anyway, we find the location good because it is more quiet and there is a saturday market just
across the street where local people go shopping for food,clothing, ...
The rooms are in a good state and large. Some bathrooms are renovated, attractive and modern and have a bath tub (we think these are the suites).
Staff attitude is appropriate: standard service at the front desk (could be more welcoming and helpful).
Breakfast is what we expect, the personnel is friendly and attentive. There is a good variety at breakfast. We absolutely love the view over the city at breakfast!
The price for the stay is a plus, price/quality balance is very good.
I would advise the hotel to continue their good work, but maybe pay a little more attention to those little details and service that matter to clients:
- problems with a room --> try to change rooms
- only one year, we returned from christmas shopping and found a little pannettone in our room. This was really special, we won't forget this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel has been entirely renewed in 2011. Completely sound proofed the 87 air conditioned rooms have a private bathroom with either bathtub and/or emotional shower. The warm and welcoming hospitality combined with the ornate interiors ensure a relaxing and cultured environment. Enjoy unique works of art including "Moon" by Teresa Pomodoro or enjoy the rich buffet breakfast in the Sala delle Nuvole" located on the hotel’s top floor and overlooking Milan... the relaxing atmosphere and the professionalism of our staff will make sure that your stay in Milan will be unforgettable... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Antares Hotel Rubens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antares Hotel Milan