“Priceworth, clean hotel on a good location”

Mokinba Hotel Baviera
Ranked #221 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Utrecht
“Priceworth, clean hotel on a good location”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I was in Milan for a few days for business reasons. I have been many times in Milan and the average experience with hotels are not so good. Too expensive and poor services. I booked the Baviera Mokinba via the website of Deutsche Bahn together with my on line train tickets. Hotel prices differs very much in Milan depending on special events like fashion shows. Although I was here in a busy period (most hotels triple their room rates) I could book the Baviera for just EUR 130 per night (excl. breakfast). They market themselves as a 4 star hotel. It is not 4-stars as we are used to in Northern Europe or Asiaa, but not bad. Clean, nice rooms, good service, good bath room facilities. It is a medium sized hotel. Just about 12 rooms per level with 4 levels only. Good elevator. I have not experienced the breakfast. The hotel is very near to Republicca with good train/metro connections. The hotel is at the corner of two streets. During night the streets are not noisy, which is nice because you like to open a window in hot spring May in Milano.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Small hotel with good basic rooms and excellent bathrooms. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, everything spotlessly maintained and clean. Easy twenty minute walk down to central piazza and Milan Cathedral. Rates for a non-cancellable reservation were excellent value.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Sydneytravellers62
Alicante
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We arrived to Baviera Hotel disappointed from a nearby hotel that gave us a single room insisting it was a double. So we had no booking for Baviera, and just went in asking for a real double room. We knew in advance it was not going to be cheap, and, in fact, the price was 200€. However, we accepted. The hotel is well situated, the room was good, clean, and the bathroom looks well. I would say it is good, in general.

Contras: The ammenities do not correspond to a 4 stars hotel, and the shower is everything but confortable. Is not cheap without booking in advance.

Pros: The staff is great, helpful, very good sense of humor. They got us a vehicle to the Linate airport early in the morning, with few difference in price (5€) in comparison with a regular cab (we were informed previously by a taxi driver about the cost of the cab to the airport).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I selected the rating of "Very Good" only because there wasn't an option for just "Good".

Look, the hotel did the job - I suppose I always expect more and am a little disappointed when I don't get it even when I shouldn't expect it but I guess that is my own high expectations playing me there.

Bring toiletries - they only provide basic hand soap which I can only assume is used in the bathroom and in the shower.
The bathroom in my room was relatively recently refurbished for a modern touch which was good. There's certainly no lack of mirrors in the hotel in general!

Rooms are small and internet is 5 euros for 24 hours. I am always disappointed when hotels charge for internet now - it's the 21st century! Should be for free!

Staff were average - not overly friendly or welcoming but not rude. It is also very very quiet at night which is GREAT for a good night's sleep.

Breakfast not included and after seeing what was on offer, I'm glad I didn't pay the 20 euros or whatever it was for it. Good distance from Buenos Aires strip which has lots of shopping and Central Station but a bit of a winding trek to the Duomo and the main attractions there.

Lots of sweets on offer in reception and in your room!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Croatia
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Well, I stayed in Milano several times before and this time I was staying only overnight as I was driving from Zagreb to Monte Carlo and wanted to take a break in Milano. I picked this hotel based on reviews and my personal judgment. Here's my opinion:

PROS: Location is excellent for everything, hotel have some italian touch, rooms are quite clean and nice, service is good, wi-fi 24h is acceptable 5 euros. The rate was only 47 euros, so I think it's well worth of price. If you are not looking for 5* hotel and luxury, if you are satisfied with smaller but sweet hotel on excellent location in Milano, this is for you.
CONS: If you don't want to leave the car on outside parking around hotel, nerby garage is 15 euros a day. There's no view from your room. Room are not spacious, but it's a usual thing in Italy. I thought I had a breakfast included as everywhere in Italy, but I had to pay 9 euros extra. It was my bad, not their.

I would return for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank elys79
UK
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We got a great deal through the hotel's website for a Sunday night stay in June (I think we paid just over 40 euros for a double). The room was quite large and comfortable. Not many toiletries in the bathroom - only shower gel (but then what do you expect for that price!). Good location with the centre easily walkable and two metro stations nearby. The guy at the desk was friendly and very helpful in recommending good restaurants and nightspots.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Geraldine_6
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in June 2011. The bed was hard as were the pillows. The actual shower stall was literally smaller than a broom closet. It was 28 inches by 28 inches. There was no room to put ant toiletries which made it almost impossible to take a shower. We checked in on a Wednesday and I gave them 4 t-shirts to wash for me at 4:30 that day. They told me that the laundry would be ready on Thursday evening, but it was not. I called them and they said it would be ready on Friday by 8:15 am, but it was not. It was not ready until 9am on Saturday, the day I was checking out. Instead of my paying 30 euros for this, they cut it in half, but it was not acceptable. I do not recommend thi hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mldotr

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels