“Excellent Location(!!), Friendly Staff, Nice Food”
Review of Brunelleschi Hotel

Brunelleschi Hotel
Ranked #100 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed here for a week on my own while I was in Milan for business. I got a taxi from the airport, however now I know I would use the Metro.
The entrance is lovely, the lobby is quite grand. Check in staff were great, friendly & advised me of breakfast details etc. I also had an adapter from them as I forgot my own.
I was on the 4th floor, my room didn't have any views, it looked into the centre of a number of different buildings. The room had quite an old style of decoration, however it was lovely. Spotlessly clean. Lots of nice touches including, toiletries, robe, slippers and chocolates each evening on your bedside table. My room was cleaned every day, my robe was replaced once during my stay, the housekeeping was absolutely great! The bed was comfortable however the pillows were terrible, they were rock hard and I ended up with a very sore neck at the end of the week. I am sure if I asked they would have changed them but I did not get around to it. The air-conditioning is also rather noisy, it wasn’t something I could leave on during the night. I would say that the walls are pretty thin in the hotel and not soundproofed, I could hear things (hairdryers, showers etc) in other rooms.
Breakfast was good, lovely selection of hot and cold foods, plenty of choice so I am sure that there would be something for everyone. Staff at breakfast were also very polite. I ate in the hotel one evening (when I was too tired to go out). Nice atmosphere in the restaurant, its located just of the lobby on the ground floor. There was a good choice on the menu, the waiter was brilliant, and it is good value for money being in the centre of Milan.
There is a small fitness centre, I used this one evening, it didn't look like it had been used for a while? There are 2 treadmills, 2 different types of bikes and a weight machine. It is located on -2.
Please note that even if you pre-pay for your hotel as I did, you will be charged city tax when you check out.
The best thing about this hotel is its location! You are able to walk everywhere from here, its 2 mins (if that) from the Duomo which is definitely worth a visit, also the Gallieria Vittorio Emanuelle II is a 2 min walk. You are able to get to all the shopping locations by foot as well. If you did want to go further there are 2 metro stations very close, these are easy to use.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HannahBWales

Reviewed March 28, 2014

A nice enough hotel in the heart of Milan, 2 min walk to the Duomo. Not sure it quite lives up to a 4 star hotel, decor in rooms is a little dated, although bathroom seemed to have recently been fitted out to a good standard. Excellent shower and full sized bath with nice complimentary toiletries.

Buffet breakfast was pretty good- selection of cereals, pastries/cakes, breads, fresh fruit and hot options- 2 kinds of bacon and fried and scrambled eggs. The highlights were the freshly made cappuccinos and lattes, and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Staff overall seemed fairly pleasant, there was one receptionist who seemed a bit abrupt, but it may have just been a cultural difference.

Rooms are pretty well soundproofed with 2 layers of windows, although some road noise is to be expected. The added touch of chocolates placed on our pillows on the 2nd night was nice, and not what you expect in Europe!

Hotel itself was very quiet, there was only a handful of other people at breakfast, however it did mean we weren't disturbed by noise within the hotel at all.

We did get slapped with a 10 euro a night city tax on checkout, which was a bit of a surprise considering we were supposed to have booked inclusive of taxes. Judging by the big signs in reception warning you about it we weren't the first to complain.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel is a very nice hotel, rooms are nice spacious and comfortable. the service in the reception is professional .breakfast very good and a lot of choices. the hotel is centrally located 3 minutes walk to Doumo. the parking is very expensive 25 euro per day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel was very good for a short stay in Milan. Reception staff very helpful, late-check easily offered, clean rooms and amenities. Location was also very convenient, would stay here again next time in Milan.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in January. This hotel is just a couple of blocks away from the Duomo, which made it very convenient to see all the required sights. The price was very reasonable, considering the location. The rooms were nice and clean. We did have a problem with controlling the heat in the room. We were sweltering, but the hotel was very accommodating, moving us to a better room. I was happy that the windows opened freely, allowing fresh air, something that you can't do in all city hotels on an upper floor. The breakfast was very nice and extensive. Overall, it was a very nice stay. I would stay again and recommend.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Well priced large room for European standards with well appointed bathrooms.
Excellent breakfast too!
Only suggestion is to turn down the heat! Milan in mid winter and we had to open the window most of the night to cool down.... Even with aircon set to 16 degrees in the room the ambient temperate from common areas was well into the mid 20's without the window open. Minor issue so no big issue. Would happily stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keej
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel five times when visiting Milan for business. This is located near Duomo, restaurant and shopping area and very convenient. The receptionists are very friendly and try to support me. Also, The good thing for business travel is the taxi has arrived in front of hotel within five minutes every time I asked this to the staff. The room is enough large for me and cleaned. Of course, WiFi is perfect.
The only negative opinions are that I always need to leave the passport and pick up this every visit, and I prefer the card key rather than big and heavy key like this hotel's. Those are the minor though.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business