ADI Doria Grand Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
1,070 results
All reviewscentral stationgreat hotelminute walkcorso buenos aireswithin walking distanceclose to the hotelfirst morningfour starroom keyreception staffbreakfast was excellentbeds were comfortablelake comostayed here for nightsthe air conditioningshopping streetshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a hotel of contradictions, and obviously experiencing a shortage of tea bags!

The pros: We were checked in easily and quickly enough by a pleasant fellow on Reception. The room presented well and not too small. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom a good size with good hot water pressure. Clean sheets and towels each day was a nice touch. TV is available but as long as you are happy to watch the screen and listen to Italian, then it's fine. Otherwise you will need someone to show you how to keep the language selection on English.

It is in walking distance from the train station, and close to the shopping strip, the Metro and some good restaurants.

The cons: Having travelled up from Venice we were keen for a cup of tea and coffee but discovered we had no coffee, one tea bag that was acceptable and no milk. We checked the website for what the room provided and it was a classic room with tea and coffee making facilities. I rang down to reception to request tea bags and what came up was herbal tea even though I had requested breakfast tea. When I went down to reception I was told I could get some tea from the bar but the bar man said I had to pay for it. Reception then advised we hadn't paid for a room that provided tea and coffee. We quickly corrected them and they said while it was a classic room, we weren't entitled to that type of classic room!! Our voucher clearly stated Classic. We asked them to compromise and give us tea bags, to which they begrudgingly gave us 2 breakfast tea bags and milk. Needless to say we didn't see any more in our room for the next few days. Remember this is a 4 star hotel and one expects tea, coffee and at least water.

We rang for an iron only to be told it wasn't available over the weekend but would be on Monday. Reception then said no irons were allowed in rooms. The room was meant to have a trouser press but again it wasn't the right type of classic room!

We decided to eat in one night - big mistake! The signs might say "the chef recommends" but in fact these meals appear to be pre-made and there was the unmistakable bing of the microwave from the kitchen and prepared by the barman. It appeared there were no kitchen staff on duty. My meal was inedible and my friends was passable but the vegetables looked nothing like they should have.

The service was lacking and we were not asked if we enjoyed our stay when we settled the account. They seek feedback on Trip Advisor and Facebook of any comments, good bad or otherwise so hopefully they will take note of these.

It is advertised as a 4 star hotel but lacks both soul and staff who wish to be helpful.

Room Tip: Take your own tea bags! Seriously, check what type of room you have paid for so you know your entitlements. They blame the agents so you must be ready to stand up for what you aid for. Be aware you may have a room that doesn't have air conditioning - this would be an issue during summer. The rooms on the street side are not too noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Doria Grand was only a one-night stop over for us before we flew out. I was looking for something with a good location but where I wouldn't have to pay ridiculous prices. This seemed to fit the bill!
Upon arrival I was impressed with the lovely reception area and the front desk clerks. They were extremely welcoming and helpful. Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. It wasn't the biggest room I've ever had, but it was large enough and very well maintained. The air conditioner worked wonderfully!!!

Breakfast was very good and opened promptly at 7. The restaurant wasn't open on weekends, so they recommended a very good restaurant nearby.

The location is very good, close to the Central Station, metro and shopping.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ADIHotelsManagement, Direttore generale at ADI Doria Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear “SraCCA“,

I would like to thank you for the nice feedback you have shared and I am sure readers of Tripadvisor will find your comments as useful as we have.

I am pleased to read that you have appreciated your stay at the Doria Grand Hotel and every details of our Hospitality.

Thank you for recommend our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our family spent two nights in late August in this luxurious and well located hotel. The room was large, quiet and beautifully maintained. The people at the reception desk, Messrs. Ricardo and Massimo, were very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was copious and served in a very pleasant dining room. The hotel is very well located next to the Central Station, restaurants and metro stations.
We highly recommend this hotel. We intend to return here.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor, facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ADIHotelsManagement, Direttore generale at ADI Doria Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest ,

thank you very much for taking the time to write and share this beautiful review about us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and find our Grand Hotel “Superb”.

Furthermore I am especially pleased to read your kind comments about our staff and services you received during your stay. I am going to pass it on to Ricardo and Massimo which work to make our guests stay as pleasant as possible.
Thank you for choosing the Doria Grand Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a great hotel, very close to the Metro (5 mins on foot) and also very close to the Central Station (10 mins on foot) which is a must when on a business trip. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is also good. I also ate at the Cafe and I was satisfied with both food and service. They will definitely see my again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear “Gilbert V“,

I would like to thank you for the nice feedback you have shared and I am pleased to read that you have appreciated the strategic location and the Hospitality of the Doria Grand Hotel.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

I take this opportunity to send you my Best Regards.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed just one night for some quick sight seeing in Milan before heading off to Switzerland. The rooms were comfortable, service was excellent. No problems. The hotel is just about 300 meters from the train station, an easy walk, and just about 100 meters from a metro station. That made everything close by.

Room Tip: There were 4 of us traveling and it was economical at this hotel to get 2 rooms instead of one room for 4 people. Our teenagers appreciated that.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank daddieyo
ADIHotelsManagement, Direttore generale at ADI Doria Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear “daddieyo”,

we would like to thank you so much for your kind review about Doria Grand Hotel inTripadvisor.
When we read comments such as yours we feel that all our efforts to improve our guests’ stay were worthwhile.

Thank you once again.