“An enjoyable stay”

Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center
Ranked #75 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton a few days ago and really enjoyed our stay. check in was very eficient and the staff were very friendly and called someone from the garage to get our car and also had them bring it to us again the next morning. The room was quite small but very well furnished and extremely clean and the double glazing windows did a great job in keeping out any outside noise, you couldn't hear a thing. The breakfast is excellent with a good choice of both savoury and sweet items and the coffee was hot which isn't always the case in some of the hotels we've stayed at in milan.
The only negative comment that I will make is the bar, we didn't visit during the happy hour but did have a drink when we returned from dinner and it was empty, we ordered one of the special beers and a glass of red wine which the girl said was Barbera but had obviously been open for a while as it was turning into Marsala, to be honest I didn't say anything which i should have done but in any case it seems to me that the bar doesn't do much business and this could be due to the prices, we don't mind what we pay as we're only having a couple of drinks and expect drinks to be more expensive in hotel bars but cocktails are very expensive, if I remember correctly 13 or 14 Euros and a glass of wine at 7Euros could put some people off but in any case we did enjoy our stay there and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
MaurizioNaro, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Chrella,
thank you very much for having taken the time for this review. Your great appreciation for our core values - staff kindness, room cleaniness, sleep quality, breakfast freshness - show us that we operate on the right track and push us to do better.
With all my associates, I wait to see you at the Four Points Sheraton Milan.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights on business during July.

Pros :

I was upgraded to a larger room which was old but clean, neat and comfortable with everything one would need. I initially thought the bed would be too hard, but I slept well. It had a huge flat screen T.V., plenty of English channels, tea and coffee making facilities and fitted carpets (I intensely dislike wooden flooring in hotel rooms). Plenty of powerpoints as well as one next to the full length mirror in the bedroom area, so I could sit on the carpet and dry my hair, using my own hairdryer. Desk was a good size to work.

The bathroom was large, with a slightly separated room with a Jacuzzi type bath and shower over the bath with shower curtain. Plenty of toiletries supplied.

To be picky, the magnifying mirror did not expand out far enough and it was tough on the back to use it.

The Lady who cleaned the room was very pleasant and helped with my luggage on arrival and also when the key would not activate, thus avoiding me having to go back downstairs with luggage. She was just as pleasant each morning.

The breakfast was probably one of the best I have had in my over ten years of regular business trips to Italy in four star hotels. It was not hugely expansive, but everything was fresh, well presented and tasty. I was so happy to see freshly cut fruit and smoked salmon! The fresh fruit was amazing. So many Hotels in Italy supply canned fruit which I almost find unforgivable.

The best was the Staff at breakfast. I meant to take the name of the Blonde English/Dutch lady who was amazing. So were the other staff. They were so friendly and helpful, it made breakfast a pleasure. I also appreciated a pot of coffee and hot milk being brought to the table, instead of having to jump up and down like a yoyo having to get tea or coffee. I had no problem catching the eye of a staff member for an extra pot.

I do not usually eat dinner at the Hotels where I stay, but my package included a substantial discount on dinner. The Staff in the Dining Room too were friendly and courteous. The meal I ordered from the a la Carte menu was good, but the buffet was average and the food was cold. I arrived early and had to wait 10 minutes for the hot food, thus thinking it was being freshly cooked, but when I found it to be cold, I assumed it was from a previous night and reheated.

The male Staff on reception, especially Marco were friendly and helpful. I left a top behind and he picked up the phone when I called the next day and had it waiting for me.

Cons:

The public areas of the hotel are extremely dated. The passages to the room where I stayed on the third floor desperately need renovating and upgrading. It is almost depressing. The lifts were small, but they worked well.

The Female staff on Reception I found aloof with almost no eye contact. Quite a contrast to the Male staff.

I wasn't crazy about the location, but I think I would overlook that for a future visit.

I was told that renovations of the rooms were taking place and that all rooms were to have laminate floors in the future. This is something I do not enjoy in hotel rooms, so it would be a deciding factor for future visits. I am hoping there will be a choice : rooms with wooden floors or rooms with fitted carpets.

All in all, it was a good stay, with fantastic friendly staff and excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Loverofmilan,
thank you very much for having taken the time for this review. Staff kindness, room cleaniness, sleep quality, breakfast freshness are our core values and we work hard every day to improve these aspects.
With all my associates, I wait to see you at the Four Points Sheraton Milan.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The picture of the walls I just submitted say it all # 104. I woke up in morning to find water dripping out of ceiling onto my clothes. They sent a bellhop to help me move my clothes. He came up without a trolley.

I came back that night from work and new room had no Wifi signal. Called desk and was told it was not working in that part of the hotel. They moved me again. I needed to work online .

Again the bellhop came up without a trolley. In the process I lost all my ties. I asked if they were found, nope not found.

One nice thing was the food.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank 100grandbar
MaurizioNaro, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear 100grandbar,
thanks for having taken the time for this review and for having appreciated the quality of our breakfast and restaurant. I apologize for the problem you had with the fancoils, due to excess condensation. Every week every room fancoil bowl for condensation is checked in order to prevent water dripping. Maybe that maintenance has reassembled incorrectly the bowl and this could have caused the problem in your room.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Sadly I got robbed on the train between Cannes and Milan. My computer and a lot of personal items were taken. I was rather forlorn when I arrived.
Marco at the front desk was so kind. He gave me a wonderful room, allowed me to use his computer, charged my iphone since my charger was also stolen. He sent me to a wonderful restaurant around the corner, where they also took great care of me.
I did not get my things back but the folks at the hotel could not have been nicer.
The room and breakfast were wonderful as well. The hallways and decor are a bit dated but that didn't matter to me at all, once I opened the door my room was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear SHH363,
I am happy to know that Marco and all the front desk team gave you complete assistance and help. Service and kindness of our hotel are greatly recognized and I spur them every day about this because it is something that could really distinguish an hotel from another.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a great experience in Milan, this hotel helped our experience. We took the breakfast option and enjoyed the opportunity to have a variety of food to select from, great service staff. Great location, minutes from the central train station. The central station is central for most trains, hop on/off buses, & the metro. Our room was comfortable, neat and clean. Many places to eat around the hotel.

The hotel is well managed by Mr Maurizio Naro Acting General Manager & Parizio Carugati, General Manager. We were pleased to find all the staff to be pleasant and very helpful. We would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed 2 nights, left and returned for additional 2 nights and found both of our rooms to be equa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear IrvCHawaii,
thank you very much for your wonderful review. Exceptional staff, high quality food and great location are among our strongest values recognized in many reviews. We work hard every day to give the best service to our guest and being able to read your satisfaction is a source of pride for a well done job.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good location, less than 10 min walk from Milan Central Train Station. Reception staff are polite and helpful. Was given a great room with 2 seperate rooms for a family of 3, and it comes with an gym bikes for keeping fits :). Breakfast was one of the best i've experience in Italy. The only downside was that WiFi will be chargeble if used in Room (6 euro for 24 hours). However, free WiFi will be given if you decide to use it in Lobby, Overall very satisfy with my stay in this Hotel.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Free WiFi @ Lobby, and is restricted to 2 hours per ID & Password. Reception Staff will be more...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MaurizioNaro, Owner at Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear YongK,
Thank you for taking the time to write this beatiful review. Our young and motivated staff and our rich breakfast are among the key values of the Four Points by Sheraton Milan. We try every day to exceed our guests' expectations offering a proactive service. And when guests like you acknowledge our efforts, this is our best award.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel and have come to find you need to read into TA reviews, because many are overly critical. This is Europe. The rooms are not huge, but clean, comfortable and had an "old world" charm decor. I did not find the hotel severely dated, but more like a boutique charming Italian hotel. The rooms were typical size for Europe, but adequate enough, with comfortable beds, linens and bathrooms, fully equipped. Reception was very hospitable, allowing us to check in early for two rooms after an overnight flight. They also upgraded us to a king room as I am a Starwood gold. Breakfast was yummy with EVERYTHING you could ever ask for...all kinds of croissants, pastries, eggs, hams, cheeses, cappacinos (beware coffee in Europe is VERY strong), etc. etc. Tast the delicious homemade jams and pastries. This hotel was extremely comfortable for my family-- oh yeah, in Europe you pretty much always need two rooms for a family of four. The only thing we could comment on was the elevators were sooo small, that we had to ride separetely as we all couldn't fit with our luggage. Also, location was wonderful....we easily wheeled our luggage from and to train station, saving money on cabs. Italy is wonderful and don't stray from this hotel because of overly picky reviewers.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Suzfriedman,
your review has perfectly described our style and strengths: location, italian style that makes you feel like at home and attention to Guests' needs.
I really love my work and company and every day I make efforts in order to give all my Guest the best possible example of Italian hospitality.
Reviews like yours give to me and my associates strength and enthusiasm to improve more and more.