Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center
Melia.com
$145
$123
  • Breakfast included
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
$176
$567
$460
Hotels.com
1,242 results
All reviewscentral stationspg memberrenovated roommilan centerbusiness districtgreen linecroissantsnice hotelfront officehotel is locatedan upgradeinternet accessstazione centralebuffet breakfastmin walkreception staffbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed the room is old and outdated dead mosquito on the walls I can hear my neighbor dropping coins on the floor and let's not talk about his other actions internet is free but very slow breakfast is OK and location is OK as well but I will never ever come back to this place again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MaurizioNaro, Proprietario at Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Vipcouture,
thank you for having appreciated our breakfast buffet. As you have noted our location is perfect for visiting Milan as the hotel is close to two different railway stations (Stazione Centrale and Stazione Garibaldi), the airport bus terminal. More, two different metro lines (green and yellow) are 300 metres away.
I don't know when you visited us but on September 19th went live the new 20MB internet connection.
Regards

Reviewed October 1, 2012

It's difficult to fault the Starwood Group of hotels for business stays. This particular hotel looked slightly unpromising in terms of location, over to the west of the central railway station down some fairly dark streets. However, once there, the desk staff were welcoming, friendly and efficient. Porters and restaurant staff were all very polite and actually smiled - which makes a big difference. Room was of a good standard. Providing an umbrella is a nice touch, given that Milan was showery when I visited.

My only gripe? Cold scrambled eggs at breakfast. Had someone forgotten to light the burner? This was a little hit and miss during my stay. Overall, this is a minor, almost insignificant niggle.

Well done Starwood Group.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with ehotel.de

Dear Guest,
the politeness of the entire staff is one of our strong points. A warm welcome is the one I always ask to my associates because the FourPoints must be seen as the guests'home away from home.
Hoping to see you again in Milan, I remain.
Regards

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Milan's Four Point is a good international hotel located right next to Milano Centrale station and to Gioia underground station. My room was clean and quiet. There was a good set of accessories (including slippers). Continental style breakfast was good even though it closes at 10.30 on the weekend (half an hour more wouldn't be bad). Overall, price to quality ratio is good.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 4D3N at the end of august on the last leg of a wonderful trip.

We booked this hotel hoping to receive a fantastic end to an already wonderful trip. We were wrong...

Location was quite close to the train station. Walk out of the station and turn right at the road. Pass Hilton & turn left to the hotel.

Check in staff was indifferent. No help was offered to my travelling party of 3 girls with our bags. We lugged the bags up ourselves.

Went down to front desk to request for a city map & recommendations on restaurants and attractions. A folded map was plonked down in front of us and the FD staff walked away. Grudgingly came over after we waved him down from the other side of the front desk to drew 2 indifferent circles & "shopping area is all over here".

Internet was free but a lot of the passwords were 'expired' and we had to keep going to front desk to get new slips of paper to try to log in.

Breakfast was a nightmare with rarely anyone ever around to clear used crockery from your tables. Staff was rude to the extreme of being r****t. Never in my whole life had I ever had to lodge a complaint at a 4 star hotel for this level of rudeness anywhere in the world. The 3 of us had a discussion every morning on whether it was worth getting angry just to have breakfast.

Got an older room. Avoid Room 211 though next to lift. Tub was mouldy black in the corner, the glass partition's base was grimy, one of the bathrobes was stained and worn, shower sprays everywhere.

Killed a centipede in the room too. Great if you are an adventurer.

Checkout was a guessing game as rooms were prepaid. Front desk slaps 2 pieces of paper on the counter and walks away. Guessing that everything was done, I walked away too.

No assistance again from anyone regarding cabs/airport transfers or even luggage storage at checkout or bellhop.

Filled in an online questionnaire on all my complaints as per listed above & they only replied with regards to the restaurant issue and ignored the rest of the complaints which is amazing for a international brand.

Totally indifferent, inhospitable & unfriendly. I do not understand why people rave over the 'service' provided. Another B&B we stayed in Rome has ratings higher than this in terms of basic cleanliness & service at a fraction of the price!

For those still considering this hotel, there is a supermarket at the back of the lane which is quite convenient and a small Sicilian trattoria (which serves fantastic seafood risotto & seafood spaghetti) facing the entrance of the hotel. Location is relatively quiet but there is renovation going on, so do check and try request to stay away from it if possible.

I hate to give negative reviews as it costs jobs but this stay is so extreme that I feel like I should forewarn everyone in case you get the same treatment like us & leave with blood boiling and high blood pressure.

Even though I am an SPG member, will never ever stay in a Four Points property again after this. The other 2 in my party swear that too. It is not a matter where they "failed to impress", it is more of the fact they they have left an everlasting (unfortunately negative) impression.

Room Tip: Renovations are on-going. Ask the front desk to place you far away from it if they are able to.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank elizchua
MaurizioNaro, Proprietario at Four Points by Sheraton Milan Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Mrs. Chua,
Reading your notes I truly understand your mood and so please accept my apologies. But please allow me to defend my associates' work. It seems that every department of my hotel is run by indifferent and annoyed persons.
I can undoubtably assure that this is not true.
Many reviews report that guests have received all possible help and support from the front desk, that in many cases went far beyond usual assistance. Both checking in and checking out.
About the rooms, last year we have started the renovation of many of them. 66 bathrooms have been completely refurbished in a more modern "all white" design, in contrast to the 54 bathrooms "all marble" renovated 5 years ago. And we are going on with this.
About the internet, next month we will give the chance to offer a 3 days/3 devices option instead of the usual 24h/1 device. More, yesterday it was activated the new 20MB line that will enhance the web experience.
The entire hotel staff works every day in order to give to our Guests the best hotel experience. Many of them have appreciated our efforts. We works to improve our standards and procedures every day and guests' reviews help us to enhance, both positive and negative ones.
Sincerely

Reviewed September 8, 2012

For an affordable hotel near city center of Milan, this place is so great. The front desk staff treats you like royalty and are so helpful. For example, my luggage was lost with my last leg from Paris to Milan. They were so helpful, by keeping me up to date by email when my luggage was delivered to the hotel, and also helping me follow up with baggage service when I didn't have mobile phone service. They don't have a business center but serve as your business center if you need to print documents that you may need. The service your receive is comparable to a Westin. My compliments to the management for hiring such great staff. Also, they have the most fabulous breakfast buffet, cured meats and salmon, fresh breads, cheeses, and American breakfast favorites if you prefer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business