“Paris would definately not stay here”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #79 of 426 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed May 21, 2010

The hotel is really close to the train station which is very handy if you arrive by train as we did. However the areas around train stations are never the nicest so there was no where you would want to pop out to near by. It was really easy to get the metro into town but I never did feel entirely safe...lots of dodgy characters, graffiti etc. It was about a 1 hour walk into town..most of it nice although some bits were a little more colorful.

The hotel was really dated, but it was clean and the rooms were a really good size. We had a lovely welcome by the management - if only the rest of the staff had the same attitude!

I met one lovely lady (who served us breakfast). Apart from her the staff were at best disinterested but generally rude. Maybe I would have expected this in a 2* hotel but this hotel in no way lives up to the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Milan

Reviewed May 15, 2010

As a frequent Hilton traveler, we found this Hilton a great compliment to their chain.

We were on the Executive Floor and found the Executive lounge nicely staffed, well presented and food quality great, both in the evening and the morning.

Front desk staff was very attentive, especially Cristina and Jiovanni. Everyone was pleasant and helpful.

The rooms had all the touches needed, from great coffee makers, water, hair dryers, robes and slippers. We found the room fresh, well stocked and very large by European standards. Great plush bedding and wonderful extras to make your visit easy.

Location is great, down the street from the Train Station and metro. Milan is a cosmopolitan city, and while the Hilton is NOT in centre Milan, it is a 3 stop Metro ride, that takes 5 -10 minutes max. The area is typical of a Train Station location - nothing scary, just not glamorous.

This is a nice hotel, for business or pleasure. We would not hesitate to return!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
IlioRodoni, General Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2010

Dear HopesandDreams,
Let me thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your comments with the team. I will also make sure that Cristina and Giovanni receives the recognition they deserve.
Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed April 13, 2010

I stayed one night at this hotel. Since I am a HH Gold member, they gave me a room at the executive floor. Plus, the room was very big and clean. The service was great as well.

the subway is <5min walking distance, and a bust top si right in front of the hotel. with 3.50 euro day pass, you can explore all over the town.

Great experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
IlioRodoni, General Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2010

Dear shoshosho,
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed the city of Milan and your stay with us. Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Milan in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel is in a good loation - 3 minute walk to the Central Train Station. Comfortable and relatively clean.
It is VERY EXPENSIVE and not worth what you receive for the price. There is no breakfast (over E200 pernight) for the price. The walls are paper thin, you can hear everything happening in the hall way and the other rooms. The cost of the intenet is unbelieveable (E25 per day). The service is fair.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Dear Kestral120,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Please accept my apologies for not having met your expecations concerning value for money during your last visit. Please note that we are in the process of reviewing our internet prices and at the moment we are offering complimentary internet access via a PC in our Executive Lounge. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with all departments so that we can improve the service and product we offer our guests. Again thank you the feedback.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Milano for several days on business and would definitely stay there again.

The location is super-convenient, only 3 minutes walk from the Central Station where trains and shuttle busses service Malpensa airport. The room is perfect for a single traveller but if anyone wishes to stay there as a couple on a leisure trip, they would definitely be disappointed. However, as a business traveller focussed hotel it's absolutely perfect.

The bed (which is the most important thing for me) is very comfortable with lovely sheets and a mattress topper (standard for the Hilton hotels). The sheets were changed every day which was nice (although not really necessary). I found it very considerate that the house-keeping would always ask whether I needed a fresh towel as I don't mind using the same one for a couple of days and would hate wasting energy and cleaning products on washing tons of virtually clean towels.

The tea and coffee bags as well as mineral water were replaced regularly and it was a nice touch to be able to make a cup of herbal tea without leaving the room.

The coffee at the bar downstairs is superb. And so are dinners ordered via Room Service. Try the tiramisu, it was heavenly! :-)

Now the not-so-nice things were: THE SHOWER which I absolutely hated! The water goes awfully hot every 2 minutes and you have to learn the signs to be able to jump out in time before scalding your skin! The second disappointment was the fact that the bath tub was not cleaned every day and I ended up cleaning it myself with soap twice before taking a bath. I never make a mess in hotel rooms and my room was very clean at all times so I felt that the bath tub was simply neglected.

Overall, I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to any business traveller visiting Milan.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
IlioRodoni, General Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2010

Dear Anna_von_M,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
Please note that corrective action has been taken for the shower and bathtub as we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2010

I stayed at the Milan Hilton Hotel from the 29th of December 2009 till the 1st of January 2010. The directions to the hotel given on the hilton website was unclear and therefore me and my friend had to ask around to find the exact location. Advise for future travellers: Take the Airport bus from Malpensa airport and not the Malpensa Express Train which cost more.

Upon arrival at the Reception, the staff behind the counter was unfriendly and didn't welcome us with a smile on his face. We booked for a twin bedroom but was given a double bed, we called the reception to ask whether we could change, but they said that they couldn't. We didn't bother much after that and just decided to stay in that room. We called housekeeping for extra towels, toothbrushes etc..but were only given the necessities AN HOUR later. It took ages for the housekeeping staff to send the items to our hotel room. Big Disappointment! I expected better service from a Hilton Hotel!

Secondly, I called for extra tea + milk + cup to be sent to the room. When we spoke to housekeeping for these, they told us to wait. We waited an hour for our tea bags and cups. It was a let down really. The only kind person was the concierge who was very helpful in giving directions for tourist attractions etc.

As for the location, most of the tourist attractions are in the Duomo area - which is a 4 stop-journey from the Centrale subway station. The Centrale station was just around the corner from the hotel. There was also a shopping street within a 20 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynette_Lee
IlioRodoni, Ilio Rodoni, General Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Dear Lynette_Lee, First let me thank you for your feedback and at the same time apologise for the short comings you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the front office and housekeeping teams to ensure that we improve our customer service in these areas. Concerning the directions, we will update the descriptions on our web page as suggested. This said, I was glad to hear that our concierge were able to assist you for your sightseeing. Again, please accept my apologies and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Milan in the future. Sincerely,

Reviewed December 7, 2009

The Hilton Milan is a decent hotel in a nice part of town. I have stayed at many Hiltons in major U.S. cities (New York, Paris, etc) and this Hilton is not as nice as other locations. The rooms are a little dated and small.

The only real complaint I have about this hotel is the cost of internet. They charge 28 Euros a day for internet. (That is $42.00 a day!) That is the most I have ever paid- anywhere!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
IlioRodoni, General Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Dear madera99, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Please note that the internet prices are presently being reviewed and that we now have a PC in the executive lounge with complimentary access. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Milan in the near future. With best regards,