“Fantastic experience”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #74 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed March 25, 2009

We went to Milan for the weekend to go to a concert and booked a room in the Hilton as part of the spring 50% off offer, so we got a deal of €117 per night incl. breakfast. and double points. The hotel is very close to Stazione Centrale, but if you are getting an airport bus from Linate or Malpensa, they leave you at the back of the station, so keep going left until you see the big plaza in front of the station. Then, walk down towards the Sixt office, turn right, cross at the lights and the Hilton is 50m further on the right.

We checked in before 2pm and were upgraded to a King Executive room with full lounge access - a fantastic deal. Our room was on the 7th floor with views over the city to the Alps beyond and was very spacious with the usual extra amenities and lots of storage. As we were heading out that night, we decided to eat lunch in the hotel - it's v. expensive so worth going elsewhere if you fancy value for money! We decided to be lazy & order breakfast in the room as it was only an extra €4.50. It arrived on time, and was beautifully cooked - well worth it.

Lounge access was great - we spent most of Sunday evening there sampling the food and booze selection... no need for dinner that night!!!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the hotel is a 15 min taxi ride from Linate - about €16-€17, compared to €4.50 per person on the airport shuttle which can take up to 45 minutes. It's a 2 minute walk from Centrale metro which takes you anywhere on the network for €1

Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank babaduck
Write a ReviewReviews (2,746)

Reviewed February 23, 2009

I pre booked the Hilton Hotel Milano, as FEB 14 is my wifes birthday, i ordered Flowers and Chocolates and Champange to be in the room on th 14th. This was not done, though I had an email from the Hilton confirming they would do so. I asked the Duty Manager why this was not done, she replied they changed there computer system over and it did not transfer there emails, we was not given any complimentary drinks or anything as an apology.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2009

Booked this hotel through Priceline for $140 USD/night for a total of $175 including all taxes and fees. Arrived on a 10:30 a.m. train from Switzerland.

Thanks to a previous reviewer who gave excellent visual directions to find the hotel. To repeat: leave the front of Gare Centrale and walk to the right and look for the Sixth car rental office on the corner. Once you reach the Sixth car rental office it is easy to look down the street and see the Hilton sign. The hotel is less than 5 minutes from the train station.

Check in went smooth with Sara, on the front desk, allowing my son and I to check in early. I showed my Hilton Honours card and even though we booked through Priceline we were given a room (room 463) right away. It wasn't until I arrived at the room that I realized that we must have been upgraded.

The room was huge with a massive 120 square foot balcony that overlooked a quiet side street. The room had a wall of windows and two large glass doors that openend up onto the balcony. The room has a queen bed, sitting area at the end of the bed facing the large flat screen T.V. There was a large separate entry area with wardrobe. The wardrobe contained a kettle, coffee and tea supplies, robes, slippers, umbrellas, cloth shoe bag, hair dryer, shoe shine pad, in room safe, and the usual mending kit.

The double sink washroom had two rooms: one area for the sinks and one for the toilet, bidet, and shower/tub combination. From the bathroom it was possible to hear the T.V. by way of the undercounter speaker that was hooked up to the television in the room. Complimentary bottled water was in the room.

Turn down service was provided while we dined in the hotel's restaurant. The house keeper left chocolates and a bag of panatone cake as we were staying around Christmas time. A sheet was left outlining the forcasted weather for the following day, which I thought was helpful.

The food in the small lobby restaurant/bar was delicious and the service excellent. The prices were fairly standard for hotels (read: expensive). However, we had already explored the Duomo and galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and La Scala. The area around the train station is sketchy so we decided to stay in the hotel for dinner as everything else around the hotel was closed.

Internet service is available in the lobby for a fee of .35 euros/minute.

Interesting fact about the hotel's room service is that prices for the food were identical to if you ate in the hotel's restaurants. The was a delivery charge of $4.50, but a cover charge of $3.50 if you ate in the hotel lobby. (it seemed every restaurant in Italy charges this "cover charge" no matter where we ate). Considering room service was only 1 euro more, I would consider this option next time.

Like other reviewers, I found the price of the breakfast a bit unreasonable, but the other meal prices were in line.

Overall, I was impressed with this hotel. I have read other reviews and seen other pictures, but this just was not the experience that I had at this property. I was very pleased and considered it one of the nicest rooms that my son and I stayed in during our two week trip to Europe.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank YYZAC
Reviewed January 4, 2009

Admittedly I don't have a lot of experience with Hilton's in Europe, as the ones I've stayed at ranged from Budapest (one of the best stays I've ever had), to Dublin (a budget hotel pretending to be something it clearly wasn't. The Milan Hilton seemed somewhere between those extremes.

In fairness, It was everything you'd expect from a chain hotel, clean, decently appointed, and on the edge of being accessible to the town centre, and yet...

Pros include:

- A very nice buffet breakfast, the eggs were even done right! But, get it with the room otherwise you're paying way too much.

- Room was decent temperature (see con below)

- Very nice size room, this is a post WWII building, as little survived the second WW, so very modern in size and amenities.

- Wake up call was prompt. Amazing how many places get this wrong.

- Check-in staff were very helpful.

Cons include:

- Lack of restaurants nearby. After a full day of sight-seeing and shopping, it's a long walk to someplace decent on Buenos Aires Blvd.

-Side facing street is noisy, no hope of keeping window open for fresh air, unless you wear ear plugs.

Neutral:

- Really firm mattress, if you like that, the bed is great.

- Is nearby the train station, and neighborhood is better then say Rome's, but still not great.

TIP: If you like a kettle in the room for tea, forget it in Italy. They will bring you water, but you'll get charged for it. That seems really "cheap" to me.

Overall, a decent nights sleep, at a expected rate. You get your moneys worth, but not a cent more.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelLab
Reviewed November 22, 2008

We arrived at Milan through the Milan Central Train Station so the hotel was an easy 5-10 minutes walk even with luggage. Check-in was a breeze and hotel staff were polite. Rooms were not very big - which is to be expected in Milan. Typical Hilton standard. Good breakfast spread in the morning. Getting to various sights in the city was also convenient as the underground train station was very near. On the whole, an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2008

I booked my stay with my Honors points for a week end.
I must say, this hotel is not value for money.
As a Diamond member (the highest status at Hilton), we were not upgraded (although there were rooms available). Below some more details.

First the location: far from the real city center, you need to take the subway or taxi in order to reach interesting places.
The room we were originately given did not match with our booking (single beds vs. king size beds), changing it costed us 1 hour.
Room equipment below standard (old furbisishing, molded tiles over the thumb, door frame falling apart when opening the door, awful carpet color but... flat screen TV) and, as it gave to the main road, it was noisy
Personal always disturbing (some highlights: delivery of the weather forecast at 8 pm on Saturday!!! Check of the mini bar at 10 am on Sunday!!! One call to remember to check out on Sunday at 12 am although offerings say we can check out at 6 pm!!!)
No complimentary water (although diamond)

Despite detail feedback, I am still waiting for the hotel manager´s call.

In total, a very disappointing experience. I have experienced different Hiltons so far, but this one is the worst ever. To be avoided in any case

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Having read the reviews AFTER booking a bargain of a room on pricline. com (stupid, I know), I braced myself for the worst. I expected some dank, dingy basement room with a view of the HVAC unit. Wrong. Upon arriving, I was greeted warmly by the doorman and then the front desk agent, Ariane. She asked me if I had a Hilton HHonors card and upon presenting it she upgraded me to an executive level room. The room itself was spacious, immaculate, and well-appointed. As I arrived late and then had to catch the Malpensa shuttle (only three blocks to the east, on the far side of Stazione Centrale) early in the morning, I didn't have time to enjoy many of the amenities. However, the Milan Hilton upheld, if not surpassed, the expectations of a Hilton Hotel. Of course, the neighborhood has little to offer and Milan, in general, is an big, ugly city but the Milan Hilton provided an elegant and comfortable respite. If you're on business or you have an early morning flight or train to catch, I would make Milan Hilton my first choice.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple