Booked this hotel through Priceline for $140 USD/night for a total of $175 including all taxes and fees. Arrived on a 10:30 a.m. train from Switzerland.
Thanks to a previous reviewer who gave excellent visual directions to find the hotel. To repeat: leave the front of Gare Centrale and walk to the right and look for the Sixth car rental office on the corner. Once you reach the Sixth car rental office it is easy to look down the street and see the Hilton sign. The hotel is less than 5 minutes from the train station.
Check in went smooth with Sara, on the front desk, allowing my son and I to check in early. I showed my Hilton Honours card and even though we booked through Priceline we were given a room (room 463) right away. It wasn't until I arrived at the room that I realized that we must have been upgraded.
The room was huge with a massive 120 square foot balcony that overlooked a quiet side street. The room had a wall of windows and two large glass doors that openend up onto the balcony. The room has a queen bed, sitting area at the end of the bed facing the large flat screen T.V. There was a large separate entry area with wardrobe. The wardrobe contained a kettle, coffee and tea supplies, robes, slippers, umbrellas, cloth shoe bag, hair dryer, shoe shine pad, in room safe, and the usual mending kit.
The double sink washroom had two rooms: one area for the sinks and one for the toilet, bidet, and shower/tub combination. From the bathroom it was possible to hear the T.V. by way of the undercounter speaker that was hooked up to the television in the room. Complimentary bottled water was in the room.
Turn down service was provided while we dined in the hotel's restaurant. The house keeper left chocolates and a bag of panatone cake as we were staying around Christmas time. A sheet was left outlining the forcasted weather for the following day, which I thought was helpful.
The food in the small lobby restaurant/bar was delicious and the service excellent. The prices were fairly standard for hotels (read: expensive). However, we had already explored the Duomo and galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and La Scala. The area around the train station is sketchy so we decided to stay in the hotel for dinner as everything else around the hotel was closed.
Internet service is available in the lobby for a fee of .35 euros/minute.
Interesting fact about the hotel's room service is that prices for the food were identical to if you ate in the hotel's restaurants. The was a delivery charge of $4.50, but a cover charge of $3.50 if you ate in the hotel lobby. (it seemed every restaurant in Italy charges this "cover charge" no matter where we ate). Considering room service was only 1 euro more, I would consider this option next time.
Like other reviewers, I found the price of the breakfast a bit unreasonable, but the other meal prices were in line.
Overall, I was impressed with this hotel. I have read other reviews and seen other pictures, but this just was not the experience that I had at this property. I was very pleased and considered it one of the nicest rooms that my son and I stayed in during our two week trip to Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1 block from the Central Train Station and airport shuttle buses, the Hilton Milan boasts an Executive Lounge with an outdoor terrace, and wireless internet access throughout.All Hilton Milan hotel rooms offer wireless internet access. Step up from a Hilton Room to an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. Enjoy appetizers at the Cosmopolitan Lobby Bar Lounge or dine on international and Italian favorites at the Hilton Milan hotel’s Pacific Milano Restaurant. There is fantastic shopping just 2 miles away and Milan attractions like the La Scala opera house are on the hotel's sightseeing tour. When you've explored the city, find peace at Lake Como, an hour away by train. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Milan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milan Hotel Milan
- Hilton International Milan
- Milan Hilton International