I last stayed here several years ago and its changed a lot since then, it reflects the brand far more and seems to have been updated fairly recently. Was upgrade to nice big room on 8th floor where the exec lounge was. Exec lounge a touch bland though food and beverages were very good and above the Hilton average I would say.
The hotels has a very up to date Precor gym and this was very impressive compared to most tired Hilton hotel gyms, so a visit to the lower ground is recommended f gym is your thing, enough machines and space to go round though you can only get the lift to the ground floor and then have to walk down the stairs.
Ground floor bar area is fairly ok, not that lively but is quite expensive for drinks so best to go out or stick it out in the lounge but I hear the lounge evening drinks is not for that long which is not the same as other Hiltons.
One thing that really annoyed me on checkout is that I ordered a private car the night before as Milan had a 7 day taxi strike. When it was time to leave the concierge did not look that bothered and being typical Italian was throw his hands around like he just did not care about the driver turning up of which he did not. So don't think that the hotel will care to much about you being a guest, my problem to get to the airport and the concierge was still throwing his Italian gestures out.
Back to the Westin Palace next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1 block from the Central Train Station and airport shuttle buses, the Hilton Milan boasts an Executive Lounge with an outdoor terrace, and wireless internet access throughout.All Hilton Milan hotel rooms offer wireless internet access. Step up from a Hilton Room to an Executive Room for Executive Lounge access. Enjoy appetizers at the Cosmopolitan Lobby Bar Lounge or dine on international and Italian favorites at the Hilton Milan hotel’s Pacific Milano Restaurant. There is fantastic shopping just 2 miles away and Milan attractions like the La Scala opera house are on the hotel's sightseeing tour. When you've explored the city, find peace at Lake Como, an hour away by train. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Milan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Milan Hotel Milan
- Hilton International Milan
- Milan Hilton International