“Convenient and cozy hotel”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #78 of 427 Hotels in Milan
“Convenient and cozy hotel”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, here are my comments:
Pros:
Location- it is only about 5-10 mins walk from the Central station, so it is absolutely convenient especially if you are planning to travel to other parts of Italy later by train or even to the airport. You can take metro for there to major attractions.
Food- there aren't many restaurants nearby so it's either you eat at the train station or take a train out to city centre but this is easy cuz the metro is so nearby and connected by all lines.
Room- we were upgraded to executive room. Size is reasonable. Breakfast is either in the executive lounge or the main restaurant at the lobby which provides much more variety.
The hotel used to be called Albergo hotel previously, it's nine floors and quite small,but cozy. Staff were polite and friendly.
Overall, I like this hotel and would stay there again on my next visit.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Moomeow
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Moomeow,

Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay at the Hilton Milan.

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.
We would like to thank you for the favorable comments concerning our facilities and staff, as well as the location.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Mario Capano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Although the lobby and restaurant are very loud and somewhat outdated, for a business hotel the Hilton Milan is a nice place to stay. The front desk staff is numerous, helpful and efficient. They upgraded me to a nice, comfortable and updated junior suite. The room was incredibly quiet, and the bed was comfortable. An Iron and safe was available in the room. The exec lounge was a bit over-busy, but the food and beverage selection was better than average. If you are traveling in/out of Milan via train through the Central Station, this hilton is within a convenient walking distance…. even while dragging a carry-on behind you. I'll use this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Chartmannn,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor community.

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and you had the opportunity to enjoy the executive benefits.

I really hope to host you again in the next visit in the city

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Breakfast is pretty good.
Hotel needs refurbishing, everything is really tired.
Minibar was not refilled during my stay of 6 night, neither were the bottle of water.
The toilet paper roll was empty when I entered the room.
Staff barely speaks english, if at all, which in not acceptable in an international hotel.
Location is right next to the train and metro station, which is convenient.
Staff ignores you totally when you enter/leave the hotel.
Staff speaks really loudly in the corridor.
Cleaning lady just enters the room 2 seconds after knocking at the door.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Emmanuel T,

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us, which we have duly noted and the necessary follow-up has been done, in our constant strive to improve our services.

We are sorry though you did not share your points directly with us during your stay, in order to make your stay more pleasant and eliminate any negative feelings.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon in order to restore your confidence in us.

Kind Regards

Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel is well placed in Milan; the room finishes and lobby/bar area are excellent and the service first class. Staff are attentive and there is a nice "buzz" to the place. I was there on business and in a single room - it was well equipped and clean if unexpectedly small. I'd have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stefania R, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Martin J,

We are happy to hear that your stay at Hilton Milan was satisfactory. Your comments will be shared among our employees.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again,

Best Regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is in a great location less than 5 minutes walk from the Central Station . The hotel is also in walking distance of many sightseeing places
The rooms are pleasant and the staff very helpful .
We visited in December and the hotel was nicely decorated .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LizzyS123,

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.

Hope to welcome you back in our hotel in the next future

Kind Regards,
San Lorenzo, California
Reviewed January 29, 2014

While on a business trip to Germany, I decided I needed to take a break on my weekend and decided to visit Milan using my Airline miles and my Hilton Points! I found that the Hilton Milan was nearest to the attractions I wanted to see. I finally arrived around 4pm on Saturday after two flights, a train ride and a long walk in the rain! I had a pleasant check in and went to my room to get my things out of my very soaked over-night bag! I started looking at the things I could see, I had picked up a pamphlet at the train station and knew I wanted to see two things. The Last Supper and the exhibit of Da Vinci at the Biblioteca. I went down stairs and the concierge was very nice to check for me on the Last Supper Tickets, he said that I could not get them direct myself but he called the number and was told they had nothing available for that day or the following, I was not happy; but he then offered me something through a local tour company. I settled for this, because it would ensure I got to see The Last Supper. I was pleased to find out that the Hilton is within 5 minutes walk of the Central Train station where you can buy a 24 hour Subway ticket for $4.50 Euro, a few stops away and I was at the Duomo! The breakfast buffet that was included in my stay was wonderful, omelets to order, special coffee drinks, a bountiful buffet of fresh breads and fruits as well as American breakfast goodies as well as a machine that in front of your eyes freshly squeezes your glass of OJ! The one thing that irritated me a bit and the reason why I'm not giving them a 5 rating is because the next day when the tour company picked me up and when we finally arrived at the Last Supper venue, well he walked right in and got tickets! Ok yes, he's affiliated with them, but he had no idea who would be on his tour, when the tour started there were only 5 confirmed, in the middle a couple joined, so how did they have availability for our entire tour group when we arrived at 12:30 in the afternoon, we only had to wait about 10 minutes! Anyway, the cost of the tour was uplifted by the Hotel and then a service charge was added to that, all I really wanted to see was the Last Supper, not the rest of the tour really. Anyway, I had the feeling that the hotel concierge was working with the tour company and not really working for the hotel guests, thus the lower rating. The room was spacious, however the bathroom was not, it was quite weird, there was a tub/shower, sink, toilet and bidet. The toilet was stuck in the corner and it was awkward to get to, seems if there was not room for that and the bidet that they would have left the bidet out? Or at minimum put it in the corner and had the toilet easily accessible. Anyway, for those who find it hard to get around it would be problematic. And the TV is all the way on the other end of the room, the bed was comfy, but watching TV from bed was impossible unless you had binoculars it had to be at least 20 feet from the head of the bed to the 40" TV on the opposite side of the room. I don't want people to get the wrong impression, the room was dark and quiet and very nicely appointed, I felt safe and slept well, I just try to point out all of the things not just the great things. And lastly, I'm a Hilton Diamond member and specifically request a high room away from noise, i.e. elevators, ice machines and the like and I was put on a top floor but right across from the elevator!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear LAMCD258,

Greetings from Hilton Milan and thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
It is with great pleasure I read that the Hotel and the Service met your expectations.

Please be sure that your kind comments will be shared with the rest of the Team.

We would be very happy to welcome you back in our beautiful city.

Best Regards,

MACHELEN, Belgium
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for an internal meeting. We were approx 25. The service was excellent from the organisation of the meeting to the stay and the departures. I could test almost all segments of the hotel from the Concierge to the gym. Excellent help received from all departments and all in a good shape. Diner was good as well. Recommend to try to tuna fish as this was really nice!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Shirley K,

Greetings form Milan and thank you for posting your review about your recent stay at the Hilton Milan.

I am glad to hear you satisfaction about the meeting organization and the facilities offered.
Please be sure that your kind comments will be passed to the Management and to the rest of the Team in order to recognize the fantastic work of our Team.

I thank you once again for taking the time to post your positive experience.

I hope you have the opportunity to visit us for leisure next time.

Warm Regards