“Good Location”

Ranked #79 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Perth
“Good Location”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The hotel is about three minutes walk from Milan's Central Station (Turn Right). Though the hotel isn't right in the tourist district it's not that far away. It's only a half an hour walk to The Duomo and some of that is through a park.

The hotel staff were very attentive and welcoming, there was a minor hiccup with the bill when I checked-out but this was rectified in a few minutes.

I only have one little gripe and that's with the bath/shower, when you first get into the shower the bottom of the bath is quite slippery. I think there needs to be a bit of non-slip surface put onto the bottom of the bath ( I still have a nice bruise from where I slipped).

Overall I would recommend this hotel as it is clean and functional and the staff were welcoming.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Stefania R, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Freoshocker,

Thank you for taking time to share your comment about your stay in our Hotel.

I am happy to read you had a pleasant stay and the hotel staff and service met your needs.

Thank you for bringing the matter about the bathtube to our attention, this will help to improve our service and I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused to you.

Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Stefania Russo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wellfleet, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is very near to the Central Rail Station in Milan. That made it very easy for us in transit from one city (Florence) to another (Milan). We did have a bit of trouble finding it although it was only about a 3 minute walk from the station. It was much easier to get to once we understood the directions. The hotel is very attractive, clean and comfortable and the staff was very nice and helpful. The morning complimentary breakfast was quite good with many selections to choose from. If we were traveling with similar plans we would definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Bonnie R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay in out property,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and breakfast as well.
We are indeed just 10 minutes from the city centre, and just 2 blocks from the main Milan train station.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards.

Melaka
Reviewed June 4, 2013

In a historic city like Milan you can find many hotels with greater charm and character. However, if you want to be sure before you arrive exactly what awaits you, big hotel chains are the safest. Hilton is no exception. The front desk staff are efficient and helpful. The double room I had was large, and the bed comfortable. The bathroom isn't huge, but the quality of the toiletries is good. The controls for the shower are a little out of the ordinary, but there are written directions for use.
The breakfast buffet selection was quite good, but I do wish there had been pork sausages as well as chicken.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Inftraveller,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience about your stay at the Hilton Milan

I am delighted that the hotel location and our service met your needs; I really would like to thank you for your valuable comment.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards

North Yorks

We stayed here in May 2013 - rooms were spacious and sparkling clean
beds were really comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Max 10 mins walk from
Central Station - we used the Metro to get into the centre of Milan - quick and easy.
No complaints - it did exactly what it said on the tin. If you want to eat locally try
Osteria qui da noi on Via G. Fara - one of the best meals we had whilst in Italy.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Scout2013,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at our property with TripAdvisor readers!

I am very happy you appreciated hotel location, room features and our customer service delivery.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to Milan!

Warm regards,

Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Let me begin by saying that the hotel is in a great location, the rooms are nice, and the facility is well maintained. All of those attributes are great, but safety and security of your family members and your possessions is the most important service a hotel should provide.

On May 24, 2013 I had a horrible experience at the Milan Hilton hotel that still continues to bother me. After eating breakfast I returned to my room to find that my briefcase, suitcase, and computer were all missing from my room. My toiletries in the bathroom were untouched, as were my charging cables on the room desk. I immediately went to the front desk and told them that my personnel possessions appeared to have been stolen. A desk staff member did not seem very alarmed and merely suggested I check with the bell staff to see if my missing belongings were in the “held baggage” room. I told him the likelihood of that would be quite remote, but I would check before asking him to call the police. My biggest concern was that I would be returning to the US the next day and my passport was in my briefcase. Needless to say, I was very shook up.

To my surprise, my belongings were in the storage room. Clothes that I had out on the bed were stuffed into my suitcase (some sticking out my unzipped bag), and my passport and laptop were thankfully in my briefcase.

When I asked why someone removed my possessions from my room, but left my toiletries and charging cables, I was told that “someone" phoned the concierge and requested that all personal effects be picked up from the room and sent to the lobby because the guest was checking out. Fortunately the person making the phone call never collected my bags, so they were moved to the storage room.

I got lucky, but the willingness of the hotel to accept a random phone call, pack most of a room's belongings, and then take them to the lobby where anyone can pick them up and leave the hotel is outrageous and totally unacceptable. I was lucky that this appeared to have been an error in which another hotel guest gave a wrong room number, but it could have just as easily been a thief.

When I asked to speak to a manager, a duty manager named Stephania met me in the executive lounge and offered to have my room key re-initialized. I repeatedly told her the room key was not the issue – the issue was that a Hilton employee would take directions to remove personal belongings from a room without verifying the identity of the person making the request. I asked her to tell me what would prevent someone listening at the breakfast area to hear a guest provide their room number and then going to the front desk and asking for the personal belongings from that room to be sent down, knowing that the guest would not be in the room to argue. I did not receive a good response to this question.

I then wrote the Hilton hotel and received a return email from the hotel's operations manager - Jan Sonnenburg. Mr. Sonnenburg "regretted" the incident occurred and apologized. He admitted that hotel personnel made multiple mistakes.He also mentioned tat there are "very strict guidelines and procedures" that the staff follows before handing over baggage to a guest. I am sure there are also very strict guidelines that should have been followed before a hotel's belongings were (mostly) packed and removed from a guest's room.

I am still very uncomfortable with the responses I received, and will likely nt stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Rochtoga
Mario C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Rochtoga,

We appreciate your valuable comments and constructive feedback which would be useful to improve our service.
We apologies for not meeting your expectations and please be sure that your feedback has already been shared with the management, as you above-mentioned.

Kind regards

Florence, Italy
Reviewed June 3, 2013

what can you say of a Hotel that doesnt give you that comfortable feeling.
It is just a Hotel, just ok because its located near the Railroad Main Station., Centrale.
Very little dining room ans well as a little bar. Caotic breakfast rooms and service very poor.
the only positive think I wouild say the courtesy at the fron desk while chicking in and out but here again line and waiting time too long-

Room Tip: dont take rooms on facinf the main road, very noisy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear doctorarny,

Thank you for posting your response following your recent stay with us.
I was extremely concerned to read your disappointing experience and I'am very sorry that your expectations were not met.

I would like to assure you that your feedbacks have been passed to our management and I still hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back at the Hilton Milan and assist you with the highest standard of quality and service.

Yours Sincerely,

UK
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in May 2013 and found the hotel perfectly located for the train station - a must for us as we wanted to use the city as a base to explore the north of Italy. The hotel was perfect in that respect and you can't get much better this close to the station. From there you can get trains to Turin, Genoa, Como and even head on to Switzerland if you wish.

The room was very nice and kept clean each day, although we did keep having to ask for more coffee in the room as housekeeping never topped this up. We ate in the restaurant twice and, despite the prices, didn't regret it. Delicious!

My only gripe would be the ridiculous charge for the wi-fi, which seemed to be an issue for everyone, judging by the reviews on here. We moved onto an Ibis in Switzerland after our stay here and even a budget chain have the courtesy to provide wi-fi in rooms free of charge. Wise up, Hilton Milan!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dera CowadrlyCustard,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in Tripadvisor!

Please be sure that our Executive Housekeeper is already aware of your feedback .

This is not our usual standard and I would like to welcome you back in the future in order to restore your confidence in us.

As per your comments regarding the internet connection, we would like to inform you that since September 2012, Wifi internet is free of charge in all common areas of the Hotel. There is also available a PC station in the reception area for our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in our Hilton Milan in order to restore your confidence in us.

Best Regards,