“Not much to expect”

Ranked #79 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Singapore, Singapore
“Not much to expect”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Been there for 3 nights. Best of all is the location which just stone throw to the Centrale. Nice breakfast, Value for the room is just average. Nothing much to expect for a Hilton quality. Charges for internet is horrible. 20 Euro for laptop and 9 euro for smart phone (separately).

Best experience was with the staff service. We left our luggage for a week while we travel to Switzerland. The assistance offered was warm with full heart. Bravo.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EricYap9200
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear EricYap9200,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you appreciated our staff exceptional service as we are aiming everyday for this -the best- reward.

Considering internet, we have free wi-fi connection in our public areas and I suggest to join our Hilton Honors program for more benefits!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to Milan,
With kind regards

Ariane Sacchi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Mislead by the brand name, I booked this hotel for a business trip to Milan. I was disapointed with the overall quality of the place. Possibly, an office building converted into a Hilton hotel. The rooms were small and smelly and the bathrooms worn out. Characteristics that you expect in less expensive hotels but when you pay a Hilton price you expect a Hilton service. The WiFi in the rooms cost 20euro per day. The only good mark goes to the reception staff. They are polite and helpful and not responsible for the condition of the property.

1 Thank Topofilia
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Topofilia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I was extremely concerned to read your disappointment regarding especially your room and I would like to assure you that your feedbacks have been passed to our management.

I hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back at the Hilton Milan and assist you with the highest standard of quality and service.

Kind regards,
San Diego, CA
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Milan hotels are exceedingly expensive, so this hotel is right in line with feeling vastly overpriced. Fortunately, I'd used Hilton Honors points to pay for two rooms for two nights. I'd requested non-smoking rooms and was assured that's what we got when I checked in. My sister's room was indeed non-smoking. My husband and I were in a room with a nasty tobacco stench. We kept the window open all the time, and that helped, but it wasn't enjoyable. Other than that, it was a pretty standard Hilton room. On the plus side, the staff is nice, even if they don't always give the correct information when asked. But the concierge was able to arrange a tour for us that included a guaranteed visit to The Last Supper (which books up way in advance). The rest of the tour was so/so (and overpriced), but at least we got to see Da Vinci's masterpiece.

Room Tip: Check for the non-smoking sign on the room number at your door. Our room didn't have one, even...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank marisa13
Dear marisa13,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your opinion with us.

I highly appreciate the feedback you have provided and please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your visit.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future,
With best regards

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Quite poor and worn out. Both our rooms smelled from smokers, corridor carpets were dirty, toilets need refurbishing.
Internet fee 20 Euro is a ripoff, any cheaper hotel includes it free of charge. Poor surroundings - choose another hotel

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Frafranz
Dear frafranz,

Thank you for taking the time to post your response following your recent stay at Hilton Milan.

I am extremely concerned to read your disappointing experience with us and I am very sorry that your expectations were not met.

I hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back in the near future and show you our property in a much positive light.

With Best regards
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stay in lots of Hilton hotels per year and was surprised by the quality of this property. It looked nothing like the photos from management on Tripadvisor rather very small without outdated furnishings and it just felt well, worn out. The lobby and common areas were nice but my room did not feel like a Hilton room..

Needless to say, the staff was wonderful and the location quite convenient: a stone's throw from Centrale and a 15 minute walk to Corso Buenos Aires.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear allisonln,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read you appreciated hotel location and wonderful staff attitude, notwithstanding I am very sorry that your expectations were not met considering your room.

This said, I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to Hilton Milan in the near future,

With Kind regards

southern california
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I booked three nights here in an executive king room. That means I paid up front for access to the executive lounge. When I checked in they told me they were giving me a room upgrade. I have gold status with Hilton and this was likely why they did it. I ended up in a "junior suite" but according to the floor plan it was the biggest room on my floor. Quite nice with a separate sitting area and bedroom. There was enough space to actually wall off the bedroom but they choose not to do that and instead have a very large studio room.

The exucutive lounge was a good value and I took part in their antipasti and drinks in the evening. Breakfast in the lounge is typical Hilton fare. Not as nice as some other international properties but probably comparable to a lounge breakfast in the US.

The staff is really on top of things at this place. Whenever I called asking for something they showed up right away. I had a problem with the phone in my room that was never resolved but i also did not need it except to call internally in the hotel.

There is a very nice fitness center in the basement. It is clean and well-maintained with state of art machines. They have two regular precor eillipticals and two Precor AMT machines. They have a bunch of treadmills and a couple of bikes. Also stacked weights and free weights. It was never very crowded when I went there - between 530 and 7am typically. It is open 24 hours - also a nice touch.

WIFI access worked very well at this place. I was able to do a video skype call using the wifi.

I did not eat at the restaurant so I can not comment on that.

At one point I called the front desk and asked if they had dental floss and they did not know what I wanted. They sent someone up with a "dental kit" but it was just a toothbrush and paste. Otherwise the staff seems to speak good English. I noticed that the Hilton in Berlin where I stayed prior to this one had a kit in the room that included qtips and cotton balls but also a
single use dental floss. Somehow the Milan Hilton does not have the floss - they had the qtips and cotton balls out in the bathroom by themselves.

The shower was excellent there was plenty of hot water for either shower or a bath. The tub was deep enough for a nice relaxing bath.

I read another review that complained about the HVAC. I found my room mostly quite comfortable and I tend to like it on the cool side. Once or twice it was a bit warm but not terribly uncomfortable. Unlike Berlin, the Milan Hilton uses regular sheets and blankets and they had mine made up with just one blanket which was quite appropriate for the temperature in the room. I really appreciated this and slept well because of it.

Overall it was a good stay and a very nice room upgrade. I would stay here again if visiting Milan.

Dear businesstraveller2,

Thank you for posting your detailed review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you enjoyed your room, quality at our Executive Lounge, our gym with its modern equipment and of course the excellent staff service received!

Warm regards
Rome, Italy
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the classic one when travelling for business purpose. Clean and close to the central station. It is nothing special but it is fine. Good value for money. I would recoomend it to collegues.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Marco M,

Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor and recommending our property.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and provide you a memorable experience,
With Kind regards