“Nice stay, would never return”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #79 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice stay, would never return”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a room booked in advance and where happy with it. It was a low level Hilton comparable to anything you would fine in the USA or Canada. I would have rated the hotel much higher but the prices of drinks in the lounge really ruined the experience. Most lounges or bars in Italy - even within a block from the Duomo in tourist central, you can get two drinks (wine or a spritz) for around 6€ to 12€. Not here. Welcome to highway robbery. 13.50€ for one drink. You have got to be kidding me Hilton. Oh and don't get me started on the 20€ internet fee... I would have rated this hotel 'terrible' but did have ONE good experience here. Our room smelt like sewer and when we called to the front desk to complaine we where upgraded to a suite (on that stilled smelled like a sewer but not near as bad).

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Matt K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I regret to read your disappointment about the cost of bar drinks, internet and room smell and I would like to inform I have already shared your comments with respective managers.

Let me just precise we have complimentary wi-fi connection in the lobby for all guests and also in the room for all Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members.

Dear Matt, I hope your partner and you will give us the chance to welcome you back,
With Kind regards

Ariane Sacchi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Krefeld
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have been several times at the Milan Hilton and I still like it. The rooms are clean and cosy. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Breakfast offers a wide choice. The executive lounge is a nice hideaway. The hotel is close to the station and metro.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dini646,

Thank you very much for posting on TripAdvisor.

It is with great pleasure I read about your regular stays at Hilton Milan and I am thrilled to know you are always happy to return here!

We are looking forward to welcoming your partner and you back soon,

Kind regards
St. Louis
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed one night at the Hilton Centrale (almost 2 full days) 9/28/12 enroute to Venice via high speed train (hence the location). Hotel is fine, not one of the huge thousand room types, no complaints, free and fast Wi Fi. It's a 10 Euro cab ride to the old town/sightseeing/Il Duomo-La Scala-Galleria area, which are all adjacent to each other.
The train station is left out the front door, about a block then another left (second light) and you're there, no problem even with 2 large roller suit cases.
For our purposes, I'd use and recommend it again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mogarian,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read about your pleasant and smooth stay at Hilton Milan and I hope to welcome you back very soon when you are next in the city!

Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

i took my fiancee to Milan for a weekend. The hotel was great, food good, rooms clean and functional. Within walking distance to the super shopping centers. We Would love to visit again, Milan is a beautiful place, and the Hilton helped us have a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Mr C,

Thank you for the time taken to write your nice comments on TripAdvisor; I am thrilled to realize about your positive experience at our property.

I hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable "mini break" in Milan!

With kind regards,
Las Pinas
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a nice, quiet hotel located close to the train station but removed from the noise. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Service is pleasant enough. There are restaurants close by. It is very accessible. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear JEmmanuelLasPinas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your room and the service received during your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Hilton Milan!

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stay here a lot on business and like the location-- it's close the the train station and easily accessible using the airport shuttle bus as well. There's a car rental company next to the hotel as well. If you have business in Lugano, Switzerland for the day it's walk to walk two minutes to the station and take the train. The hotel rooms are comfortable, staff helpful and I always sleep well.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quite
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Ariane S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Justin W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear our location worked out perfectly for your trip to Milan and you enjoyed the room and service received.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit,

Warm regards
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for few times, the location is great, near to central station but definitely need renovation. I can hear the neighbour talking and watching tv from my room. It was very noisy. I can hear somebody open their wardrobe and bath very early in the morning and their voice talking very late in the night. The room is not soundproof.
Some of the staff are nice but some of them are arrogant. The nicest is the lady at the restaurant who I assume is the cashier. She is fast and she could recall who I am and what I want. I think all of the receptionists have to follow her service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Pinkfloly,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor.

We value your feedback in order to improve our service and your comments have been already shared with the management.

I hope to welcome you personally soon when you are back in Milan,
With kind regards