“superb, if you have Hilton honors diamond status”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #81 of 428 Hotels in Milan
LA
“superb, if you have Hilton honors diamond status”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed here for one night while visiting friends. My husband and I had lived in Milan for a year and a half so this would not have been our first choice had we wanted to book for convenience or price. However, because we are HiltonHonors diamond members, the room was booked with points, which meant it was free, we were upgraded to a junior suite upon arrival, were granted free Internet access and access to the executive lounge. We found this service to be superb. Our suite was very nice and typical U.S. Hilton standards. Very large, clean, and quiet with water and fruit provided upon check in. The executive lounge was top notch and reminded me of the British Airways lounge in Heathrow. The staff was wonderful and allowed us to check out late. The hotel is a convenient location if you are passing through Stazione Centrale, but it is not near to the famous sights of Milan. That being said, the sights are all easily accessible by tram or taxi. Would definitely stay again if we could book the room for free but I wouldn't pay my own money to stay here because I prefer a budget hotel when I'm paying.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
GA_HiltonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear LuvSLO,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our property with TripAdvisor readers.

We are very happy that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our rooms, service and special welcome amenities.

We are honored by your positive feedback regarding our staff and property and do hope you will always save enough HH points to come back and visit us at Hilton Milan!

Kind regards,
Ariane Sacchi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Darlington
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We chose this hotel because it was convenient for the transfer bus from the airport and in that respect it did not disappoint. However all the main tourist sights are a metro ride away which is a bit of a nuisance if you want to pop back to your hotel during the day.

Because August is low season we got a really good rate on the room but as seems prevalent these days the hotel then charged extortionate prices for anything extra. We booked an Executive room with access to the Executive lounge and, albeit as a couple, easily recouped the extra cost through the free food and drink provided. I shudder to think what it would have cost in the bar downstairs.

The room was large and well appointed but the bathroom was really small in comparison and a bit of a disappointment. The staff were helpful but a little aloof. They would help if asked but did not go out of their way to be friendly.

There is nothing much wrong with the hotel just it is in the Business district rather than in the tourist area so if I was returning as a tourist I would maybe look elsewhere. For the business traveller it is ideal.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are well worth booking for the extras you get in the executive lounge
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GA_HiltonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Roberto07,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us.

I agree with you Hilton Milan is actually an excellent location for business travellers, being walking distance from the metro and central train station where also transfer bus from/for the airports are stopping, while tourist attractions are reachable in ten minutes by taxi or three underground stops.

I am glad you appreciated Executive Lounge benefits and I deeply hope we will have another opportunity to show you our envolvement and exceed your expectations.

With kind regards,
Haywards Heath
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I had not planned on staying at this property. I had booked a night at the Hilton Garden Inn at Malpensa. My last stay at that hotel had not been good, but I was prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt and try again, only to find 3 days before my stay that the hotel was no longer a Hilton, and after finally tracking down what it now was, discovering that the hotel did not seem prepared to honour my prepaid Hilton reservation. Not wanting to be left without a room for a night I booked a room at the Hilton in downtown Milan.

It was a good choice. The hotel is convenient for Central Station with buses and trams to MXP and LIN. The staff at checkin were very friendly, and also apologetic for the amount of signatures they needed to satisfy Italian bureaucracy. I had an upgraded room adjacent to the Exec lounge. The room was not large, but very comfortable with a seperate lobby and wardrobe area. This hotel still had the older Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries which I prefer to the newer Thomas Roth ones found in North America.

The lounge was next door and was reasonably crowded - I got the last small table. I can see why it was popular though, with attractive appetizers and snacks, and good wine. I actually ate at a small trattoria in a street by the station, but could have grazed substantially in the lounge.

Breakfast was in the main restaurant as the lounge does not open for breakfast - it was buffet style and was plentiful and tasty.

The hotel is conventient for the trams and subway at Central station. I took the subway to the Duomo at the recommendation of the concierge. I elected to be adventurous on my return and took a tram, only for the damned thing to break down in the middle of Milan...I had to be creative in navigating my way back to the hotel on foot.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Be nice, and flash the Hhonors card
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dear wildthing271,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read your kind words regarding the comfort of the hotel and our location and above all your good impressions regarding the staff and the quality of the services offered.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay including our Executive Lounge -which was exceptionally closed early morning for some refurbishment works- and I do hope Hilton Milan will be your first choice should you come back in the area!

We look forward to welcoming you back,
warm regards

Ariane sacchi
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2011

The hotel staff and rooms were impeccable and could not be faulted. The hotel is right next to the train station and was very useful as a base. We only stayed a short time, but did not think the area was overly nice. However, we could get to the centre of town very easily using public transport.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GA_HiltonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Uktraveller082011,

thank you very much for sharing your precious feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our services.

Hilton Milan is already looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

With kind regards,

Nashville
Reviewed August 29, 2011

HHonors Diamond. Staying on points. Location is near Train Station. Not necessarily the prettiest part of central Milan--but its convenient. Front desk service was speedy and very courteous. Executive Lounge is great and service pleasant. Nice indoor and outdoor decor and tables. Different foods (tea service 3-6); small dishes 6-11 pm. Free breakfast. I mean really who could ask for more? I would stay here again--I know my 9 year old would. She loves Hiltons! Staying in Jr. Suite so had to use a bit more points. Room is huge by any standard--American and European. Nice welcome fruit plate with bottled water. Parking right next door (20 euros).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracy S
GA_HiltonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear ChloderosLaclos,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent visit to Hilton Milan.

I am very thrilled to hear that you appreciated our service. Your kind comments about the room and Executive Lounge quality will be shared: we are proud to have met expectations!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to Milan.

Yours sincerely,

Istanbul
Reviewed August 12, 2011

As a Hilton Honors member for a number of years I am fairly loyal to the chain.

I try and stay at Hiltons whenever possible as I find the levels of service and overall standard to be very high, and generally consistent.

My three experiences staying at this property though have not been as positive as the experiences at other hotels in the Hilton chain, or in Italy.

Here is a brief summary of my views of the Milan Hilton:

Check-in: this is the one good aspect of the hotel, consistently friendly and efficient. The staff are pleasant and assist with anything you need. No complaints.

Price: This hotel is totally and outrageously overpriced. Rooms, food, beverages, all are not worth the money. I could start, but if I do I won’t stop It’s simply ludicrous.

Restaurant: Food is OK and actually good, service is poor, prices are ridiculous, There are several far better restaurants nearby, offering better value for money.

Room Service: the king of rip-offs and the plate charge is the final straw.

Housekeeping: You’d think the staff are paying for the toiletries themselves, no replenishments of the soaps, etc as they were used up and I had to call housekeeping to bring more. At the prices they charge you shouldn’t have to be telling them their job.

Finally there are far better places to stay in Milan for €200+ per night for a standard room.

Hope this helps.

Room Tip: there aren't any - these people are money-hungry
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank GlobalHolidayer
GA_HiltonMilan, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear GlobalHolidayer,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Milan and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor!

I am sorry to read that not all our facilities and services entirely met with your approval.

I would like to suggest visiting our website to profit from special offers and to join our Hilton Honors program in order to benefit from its rewards.

Regarding housekeeping facilities rest assured we monitor the toiletries’ supply on a regular basis and please accept my apologies for the oversight on this occasion.

Your comments are highly appreciated in order to constantly improve our services and I would be delighted to welcome you back and show our hotel in a much more positive light.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed in this Hilton hotel for a week recently and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My room was very comfortable and I enjoyed very restful sleep as the air conditioning was perfect and the room was quiet. The breakfast was delicious with a vast array of hot and cold dishes. I commend the staff for their courtesy, helpfulness and professionalism at all times. I unreservedly recommend the Milan Hilton Hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Willix
Dear Willix,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers on TripAdvisor.

We really appreciate your kind words regarding the room, Hilton Breakfast and our service.

We are proud to hear that we contributed to your enjoyable stay and hope we will have the chance to welcome you again at the Hilton Milan in the near future.

Thank you very much for staying with us,

Yours sincerely