This is a very new-looking hotel between the Centrale rail station (and associated metro / bus connections) and Caiazzo (which has metro, bus and tram lines). The area ia perhaps not the nicest, but it is very convenient for arrival from any of the airports and access to the city attractions (100m from either stop). The reception staff are friendly and efficient, though perhaps more orientated to business users than tourists. Nonetheless, they greeted us in English on recognition of this need, provided maps and suggestions to access the city by public transport, in addition to a booklet on shopping at our request.
We got a free room upgrade (though our room was not a suite, still a double of moderate size). We checked in at 1pm, and were offered checkout at 1pm (usually 12pm), since they needed the room vacant by then. No pool I think, and we didn't use the gym.
The breakfast was above average (included) - croissants, some English fried, fruits, yoghurt, juices. Wifi was free at standard speed (adequate for browsing and email) for 24 hours. The bar is quiet, but has lovely deep sofas that are comfortable to sit in, and food that is very good quality (recommend the tomato mozarrello salad).
Room decor is modern and clean. Bathroom similar. TV has USB port to plug in video / pictures, though the remote is not a Philips original and makes using it for this purpose hard to work out. The HDMI port is not accessible for your own device.
If you do go here as a tourist, I would strongly recommend taking Tram 1 from Caiazzo (towards Castillo) into the city (100m from Duomo, but no specific Duomo stop) and past the castle (you will see the new Expo 2015 entrance as you stop in front of it) rather than the metro (which is certainly faster). It is one of the old wooden yellow trams and worth the journey to see the city as you go by. Surprising the reception staff didn't mention it as an option.
Could this hotel be improved? Probably... But not by much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our striking 4 star hotel in Milan is next to the Central railway station, a few minutes from the city centre. Our innovative green hotel in Milan features intelligent design and low energy consumption, so as well as enjoying yourself, you'll know you are helping the environment. The look and feel is natural and elegant, with plenty of natural light everywhere thanks to the ample windows, terraces and other outdoor spaces. The new Starhotels E.C.Ho. Has 143 contemporary rooms and suites, a restaurant and bar (the Partnership with Eataly means new value and uniqueness for Starhotels’ offering.)5 meeting rooms, fitness room and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Starhotels E.c.ho. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels e.c.Ho. Hotel Milan
- Starhotels Splendido Milan
- Starhotels Splendido Hotel Milan