Great location looking right on to Central Station, this hotel is new, very stylishly designed and constructed out of as many sustainable materials as possible. It’s also really friendly and welcoming.
I booked a ‘Junior suite’ for 225 Euros a night, although I personally would not call it that!
It was more like a double room divided by a half wall – with the desk and sofa at one end and the bed the other – it was a lot smaller than I would normally expect a small suite to be – even in central Milan – but it despite that it was a really nice room.
Two large windows looked down on the street below (it was on the fourth floor) and let in plenty of daylight. It was tastefully decorated in neutral tones and nicely designed. The bathroom (it had a shower rather a bath) was off a narrow corridor and it too was quite tight, but well-proportioned and designed by someone who’d actually used a bathroom – with everything you needed there and in practical places!
It was a cozy room, the temperature was just right – not too cold which I often feel - the lighting was good, I felt very comfortable there and slept very well. I was only there for a couple of days and on the first day it was only the evening.
The corridors on the room floors were nicely lit, but a bit claustrophobic and you once again felt a bit squeezed in – but I am sure for the price of the real estate in that part of town … there was plenty of squeezings!
The WIFI was free in the rooms and they gave you a bunch of vouchers so you could connect as multiple devices … but it was really flaky!!!
The free line was desperately slow, the upload was throttled at 50Mb and the download to I think 250 – either way – I hammered that in about 20 minutes! I had about a 400Mb upload of photos to push to my FTP so I bought the ‘business’ package for 8 euros … and the upload on THAT was also restricted to 250 Mb I think … anyway, I called down to try and get the restriction lifted – you can usually do this, but in some places it’s a real hassle …. So I ended up also purchasing another 8 Euro business package for my other laptop!
I did eventually manage to get all of the images there .. but it took two machines that had to be constantly monitored, a stupidly long amount of time and a load of hassle!
Also, the WIFI signal kept oscillating wildly at certain times of the day and dropped out completely at some points so you’d have to keep reconnecting! It could do with some sorting out!!! I meant to argue to get the 16 Euros of charges wiped off the bill, but in the morning when I came to check out I was in a real hurry … and to my great annoyance later – completely forgot!!!
I ate in the bar both evenings as there was such a nice vibe in there and the restaurant, and the food was delicious.
I would definitely stay there again – it’s a cool place - and I’d recommend it … and hopefully by the time I return, the WIFI may be a bit more civilized!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our striking 4 star hotel in Milan is next to the Central railway station, a few minutes from the city centre. Our innovative green hotel in Milan features intelligent design and low energy consumption, so as well as enjoying yourself, you'll know you are helping the environment. The look and feel is natural and elegant, with plenty of natural light everywhere thanks to the ample windows, terraces and other outdoor spaces. The new Starhotels E.C.Ho. Has 143 contemporary rooms and suites, a restaurant and bar (the Partnership with Eataly means new value and uniqueness for Starhotels’ offering.)5 meeting rooms, fitness room and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starhotels E.c.ho. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels e.c.Ho. Hotel Milan
- Starhotels Splendido Milan
- Starhotels Splendido Hotel Milan