“Beware Pickpockets!”

Historic Milan Tour with Skip-the-Line Last Supper Ticket
Ranked #6 of 907 things to do in Milan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This busy and vibrant city square features the gothic cathedral, one of the largest in Europe.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

One of our members suffered this terrible fate and it was done very professionally. Only the monies were taken from the wallet with everything else intact.

2  Thank QM12
Write a ReviewReviews (9,785)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

aggressive street vendors trying to sell bits of string and other crap, they grab hold and won't let go...Police stand by and do nothing. Pickpockets and beggars everywhere! Avoid unless you want to be hassled and robbed! Pity because the cathedral is beautiful, just not worth being robbed for!

4  Thank Andy G
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The construction there are fantastic and it is nice to have so many shops along the road. It is very unpleasant when we first step in the area within 200m of the church. I am trying to convince and comfort my wife that not all African are no good. Some of them are friendly instead. 2 young guy come in front of us and put some string on our wrist and insists that they are free of charge. At the beginning, we are hesitate but at last we accept them. After the string had been tied up, they turned to us and say they need money. I am very disappointed and worse still when the first one collected the money from my wife, the other is not satisfied and insist that we need to give money to him also. Obviously, we cannot afford to give extra and I just pointed at the police car in front of us and say I will call the police if he didn't go away.

This is not the first cheat. Another girl who claimed that she is from Poland ask my wife to donate money to certain anti-drug society, I do think this is another method of gaining tourists' money as later on we found many of them on the street.

We go there the next morning and became much caution on the surrounding environment and if we feel that someone is approaching us, we will accelerate our speed and walk away to the street / inside the cathedral nearby.

Really not a good experience.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The square itself is very good actually; but there are too many African people turning around. I of course respect people and don't care what they do; but these Africans are really really disturbing. They insist on selling their goods to people even if you say no. At first, they say the wristbands or something like that are free and then they ask for money. That's their trick. Milano municipality should solve this problem immediately.

9  Thank SeqununSeyahatnamesi
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to visit or to spend your time especially evening time. Crowded with people is something that u cant avoid, but please be careful with pick-pocket and 'Big Liars with camera' and 'The Corn Guy'.