“Excellent”

Heraklion, Greece
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel was excellent!
Starting from the very friendly stuff and ending at the very good and very clean room, it was a hotel that i would recommend to anyone (and at an amazing price).
Yes the neighbourhood is not the best in Italy, but it's not the hotel's fault isn't it?
The hotel rooms are renovated i think and were very clean, with a huuuuuuuuge and very comfortable bed.
The breakfast was very tasty with a good variety (and great coffee).
The stuff was very helpful with everything that we asked.
Minor issue (fortunately didn't become major) was that the cleaning lady one day did not entirely shut the door of the room (it was quite heavy and needed to pull strongly to close). When we informed the reception they apologized a hundred times and mentioned that they would talk to the cleaning ladies to be much more careful.

I would definitely stay in that hotel again :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed one night in Hotel Atlantic and would definitely stay again and highly recommended to everyone who travel to Milan. We are on honeymoon and first time to Milan. Hotel is convenient & perfectly located opposite Milano Centrale train station which is only 5 mins walking. Special compliments to the reception staff name ROBERT, who is very warm welcoming, very helpful and friendly. Checking in was easy, we have arrived early by 11am, the room is not ready, however he helping us to keep the luggage and sent it directly to the room when the room is ready which is wonderful. He also very attentive and patiently show us the attractions and shopping area clearly which is great really make it easy for out short trip. He notice that we are on honeymoon and have send us the greetings card with complimentary fruits plate which make us feel sweet and surprise.

Room is great, quiet, big and nicely, modern-decorated with all standard amenities and a large LCD TV. The bathroom is clean, spacious and nice. The bed is so comfortable it was a good sleep night. They free wifi is fast which is good.

I had a relatively good rate for a double room which is a good value for money for Milano standards compare to the hotel nearby. There is one convenient store just opposite the hotel and there many restaurants nearby ie: McDonalds, italian foods, chinese restaurant, bar and etc.

Overall is a pleasant stayed and would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Higher floor room is quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Trento, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have stayed twice in Hotel Atlantic and would definitely stay again. Hotel is conveniently located opposite Milano Centrale. Staff is very helpful and friendly, and most important, they speak English fluently! The reception area is a bit small so you might experience some delay in checkin/checkout depending on how crowded the hotel is.
Rooms are great, not very big, but very convenient, modern-decorated with all standard amenities and spacious bathrooms. Breakfast is served on the ground floor, tasty, with good variety (compared to the italian standards).
I had a relatively low rate (arnd 100€) for a single room which is a good value for money for Milano standards. I know that in busy days rates can be double, so my review is biased by what I have paid myself.
Make sure you ask for a high floor room, it can help with the street noise (especially if you don't plan waking up before 8am).
I also had a minor incident, but cannot really blame the hotel for that: One night some guest (probably next room) was talking too loud on the phone that I woke up in the middle of the night, rooms could have better sound isolation, but also Italian people tend to get very noisy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I booked a junior suite directly from the hotel website for 2 nights from April 5-7, 2013 (booking number: B1685MXN5136). When we arrived, the check-in was smooth and we were assigned a room on 4/F. When we opened the room, we found another guest and a service staff were still in the room. They didn't explain (maybe because of language problem) but we knew that they were about to move their stuff out so we waited. After they left, my friend went into the bathroom (it was a sliding door and there was NO LOCK). The service man knocked the front door again and wanted to check if he missed anything so I let him in. He looked around and without knocking, opened the bathroom door and saw my girl friend still inside. Then he closed the door back, briefly said sorry and just left quickly. We were tired after 9 days of travel around Italy, so we just wanted to relax and didn't make a fuss about it.

The room itself, although with new decor, didn't look like a junior suite to me. I wouldn't call it a 'suite' as it is just one room, maybe a bit bigger than the standard double room. Since we booked for 2 nights only and there were enough space for 3 persons and 3 suitcases, we didn’t bother to ask either.

When we made the booking, we knew that breakfast is NOT included as it is printed on the confirmation. When we checked-in, the man at the reception (name unknown) told us about the opening hours of the breakfast room so we asked if breakfast is included. He explicitly said YES, IT IS INCLUDED. We thought it was a nice surprise.

The real problem, which we cannot accept, happened when we checked-out. We were charged 54 Euros for the breakfast (9 Euros each x 3 perons x 2 days)!! What a real surprise?! We of course asked why and the staff, named Robert, pointed to the confirmation sheet and said breakfast is not included. We then asked Robert if breakfast was not included why during check-in the staff told us about the breakfast hours. His response was that he it is part of their procedure to inform every customer about the breakfast hours. We clarified that the staff at check-in told us breakfast was included. He didn’t bother to check with any other staff, but just said that he knew what their procedure was and the staff was just following the procedure.
We said we cannot pay because we were misinformed and mislead. Robert rudely responded that it is a fact that we had breakfasts and so we had to pay! He repeatedly said that it’s their procedure and never apologized, even after we told him the fact that we have NEVER been informed about the price of the breakfast. He (Robert) has such poor attitude and treated us like we were cheating their breakfast and refusing to pay.

A new minutes later when were still discussing at the front desk, some other customers came in. They stood right behind us and could clearly hear our conversation. I repeated that we cannot pay because we were misguided and were not properly informed of the charge. Then I asked Robert where in the hotel or on its website we can find the price list for the breakfast. He responded he there was no price list. So I said they are cheating their guests because there is no price list and their staff failed to inform them the charge beforehand. Robert finally agreed to remove the charge of only one day (ie. 27 Euros) because he couldn’t produce a price list when being asked. The real reason maybe that he didn’t want the customers behind us to hear any more about this mess. We had to catch a shuttle to the airport so we finally paid 27 Euros extra, without a good reason nor any apology.

I still do not accept and understand why we were charged 27 Euros for breakfast when we were explicitly told that breakfast is included. If it is not included, we should have been informed of the price during check-in. It is not so much about the money but we really felt cheated and were treated by Robert in the rudest manner. If, according to Robert, the hotel staff cares so much about the procedures, why we were never asked to provide a room number before we had breakfast, nor were we asked to sign on a receipt afterwards to confirm that we actually had breakfast. How could the reception charge their guests without knowing whether they actually had breakfast or not? Do they charge just according to the number of heads and the number of nights, disregard whether they actually had breakfast? Finally, I demand a full response and refund from the Management.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vi2KiE
DirezioneAtlantic, Proprietario at BEST WESTERN Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest ,
first of all let me ask you our sincerely apologize for did not satisfy your needs.
As for the inconvenience of having found another guest in the room I can not do anything other than apologize.
After several checks I also found that at the time of check-in was not communicated clearly the actual condition of booking but the breakfast effectively was not included , it is reason that we have been asked for an extra charge as the procedure.
In addition we have buffet breakfast and is included or excluded by the reservation , the cost is overall and for this reason we have not a price list.

I would like to know you that also thanks to reviews like yours give us the opportunity to improve more and more our service in order to satisfy the needs of our guest with ever greater carefully.

I really Hope that you will consider staying with us again I know That we can have another chance To provide you with a superior experience.

thanking you for the time you have dedicated to us,
I would like to offer you my best warm regards.

Davide Canzi
Managing Director
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Room on the 6th floor, very nice (around 15m²). Very friendly staff, excellent location (metro, taxi, railway station).
A bit far from the airport (45min)
Ideal for business or leisure stay.
Not so many restaurant around, but you can ask at reception.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at Single Room
Room is nice even though it was not too big
I like the decoration, and staff is friendly
The hotel is still under renovation
It would be great if you visit after renovation
Hotel location is good, easy to find (in front of Central Station)

Room Tip: Choose high floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a very long flight that day and the most important thing for us as frequent hotel stayers, is the service that we get from the staff of the hotel. Upon our arrival in the hotel, we were greeted by a young asian and professional man named Robert. His smile and kindness made us forget that we were coming from a 10-hour flight. He is a real asset in the company. He had a folder ready with all our details for check in and also made an effort telling us and showing us the way that there's a free coffee corner available for the guests. Every morning he keep on asking us, "did you have a good sleep?, was the room fine?, did you have any problem in the room?", I think that's a very genuine hospitality (always smiling). The hotel is in the middle of renovation, and I must say that it will be in excellent shape after the works. The breakfast was good, but same food everyday. We will surely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2013