Hotel Mediolanum Milan
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Berna(Milan)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewscentral stationquirky hotelminute walkgood sizethe hotel staffstazione centralerooms are cleanclose proximitycorso buenos aireswalking distancecomfortable staybreakfast roomexcellent hotelcity centrebooked this hotelhotel is situatedstar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not a big one, not excellent service, but a clean, tidy place to stay in a few days for business and shopping or sight seeing in a reasonable price. The location is convenient, close to subways station, train station and a lot of taxi. However, if you like to stay in a quiet hotel and hanging around for the whole day, this is not your choice.

troisi, Direttore at Hotel Mediolanum Milan, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

dear Mandymak,

thank you so much for your stay and your comment into the web myself and my team we are so happy to share comment with all guests.

Hoping to see you soon again at the Mediolanum , I wish you a nice summer.

direttore

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a pleasant stay in Mediolanum. Staff was very helpfull and friendly. Plenty of choise at breakfast, very clean rooms, shower and bathroom were fine.
The location of the hotel was perfect for us, within walking distance of the central station and the subway.
Only Wifi was very slow, but it was not a great issue for us.

If we ever should come back to Milano, we choose the same hotel.
(If Bonjovi comes back again, we will be there again to!)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and were very impressed. Naturally, we again made a booking for our latest vacation to Italy this year. We stayed 2 nights upon arriving from the U.S. and another night in the middle of our vacation. We have found that Milan is a very good central spot for many train bookings. We were pleased to recognize many of the same staff members from our previous visit. As many other reviewers have noted, the rooms are clean, modern, and well sized. And the breakfast is great! However, this time the always helpful and professional staff proved to be lifesaving. On our mid-trip stay(a Saturday) I discovered I somehow had miscalculated by half the number of one of my prescription pills needed for our 3 week trip and was down to my last five pills (taking 4 a day). Sudden withdrawal from the drug is very dangerous and can even lead to death. You can imagine my anxiety! My husband then got the brilliant idea of checking with the desk clerk at the Hotel. I am SO GLAD we were staying at a 4 star Hotel with an excellent staff. The Hotel clerk arranged to have a doctor come to our room. The doctor came, took a look at an old prescription bottle and calmly wrote a prescription, which we then had filled at the Pharmacy in the train station (the only local one open of Saturdays). Although, the doctor visit was a bit expensive, I consider my life to be priceless. So THANK YOU Hotel Mediolanum!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
troisi, Manager at Hotel Mediolanum Milan, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

dear Mrs and Mr Chilo ,

I'm so happy to read your comment into the web today , message like this make me and all my team very happy because in your case we have reach our aim.

I would also like to thank you personally for your stay in my property Hotel mediolanum Milano , please fill free to contact me personally for anything you may need in the future from Milano .

Looking forward to welcome you again soon , I wish you a nice summer

hotel manager

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We picked this hotel because it seemed close to Central station, but realized that there are plenty of hotels that are even closer and of better quality. This hotel is a few blocks away from Central station which is about a 7-10 min walk with your luggage. It's tucked away in the back of the neighborhood surrounded by ghetto bars which become extremely noisy late at night with drunk teenagers up to no good. The entire block is covered with graffitti and run-downed buildings. We couldn't get any sleep as the walls were so thin and you could here everything from the street. It's just not a pleasant part of town to be in if your a tourist here for the first time.

- staff was rude and arrogant from the beginning.
- hallways are narrow and smell of cigarette smoke
- elevator is tiny and can fit about 2-3 people
- the water pressure in the shower was weak along with cheap shower gel and shampoo (the type that looks like they used really strong food coloring to make the shampoo bright red)
- the rooms seem like they tried to be modern from the 90s with bright colors and cheap blue colored lights on the ceilings. But in general the rooms have been renovated and did not feel like they were 40 years old.
- the internet system here is very annoying. It continuously logs you out and then you have to enter the login and password the hotel assigns specifically for your device over and over again. Just a hassle to deal with as the connection is not stable.
- Overall, it is close to Central Station, but there are plenty of closer and better quality hotels in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rodmania

Dear Mrs and Mr Djitek ,
First of all I would like to thank you so much for your recent stay in Milan in our Hotel Mediolanum, and for your average comment into www.tripadvisor.com .

In the meantime I personally apologize for inconvenient and the front desk team attitude upon arrival , I promise you we already started an internal investigation and meeting in order to find out why the personal attitude was rude and arrogant with you and your wife and how they should behave in the future in order to avoid problem like this with future guests.

Regarding all the other points mentioned into your comment I will try to give you some answer or explanation.

-Location ,the Hotel Mediolanum is located at 500 meters far away from Milan central railway station , that means 6 minutes walking towards the city center , 500 meters far from the main train station square , in a little and quiet street ( st. Mauro Macchi ,1) very elegant and expensive residential building area one of the most expensive that there are in Milan down town ( 8.000-10.000 Euro per sqm , all around the Hotel Building area and on the way to the Milan Train station there are no Graffiti or noisy night clubs , we have two restaurant one just on the front “I Cavallini” very expensive and for high target clients and one on the left side building corner (Chinese restaurant). Many other outlet shops open during the day are near by plus Moschino spa company. Subways MM1 Lima , MM2 Centrale and MM3 Repubblica - Passante are only 500 meters far away.

-Smell of cigarette the hotel, including rooms and bar, is smoke free , however some time people and guests smoke outside the main door of the hotel (like USA or HK) and this could bring sometimes the smoke inside the main entrance. We are thinking to add some new tools outside the main hotel entrance.

-Two elevator , we have 2 small but nice new elevator suitable for 4 people each : installed on June 2011 (Otis spa).

-The water pressure in the shower, in order to be green and eco friendly we have installed some eco friendly water pressure reduction in the shower ,however in case of problem like in your case you should immediately inform our team , we would change it immediately.

-The shower gel and shampoo , those things (body lotion , shower gel , shampoo ) are eco friendly , natural product sold by the most important and expensive company in Europe “ La Bottega dell’ Albergo “ which provides material and green certificate.

-The hotel rooms : all our hotel rooms have been completely refurnished: the third floor just 2 years ago , the hotel and rooms are part of an art hotel & design , designed by one of the most important contemp. architect ,the project was and it’s oriented to 70” style and the look and feel of our property is like 40 years ago however rooms and bathrooms are new as you have mentioned . All rooms are eco friendly with eco paint , led light bulb , wood floor , Rooms on the third floor for example have also some blu led light that represents the constellation of the big bear , the wall behind the bed is an hand made Patcwork which depicts a metaphysical Italian landscape .

-Wifi: we offer to all our clients free wifi 100 mbs powered by fastweb spa , in order to use it we provide password free of charge , however some time it has problems of stability, we are also working on it in order to avoid problem with our future guests, really apologize for inconvenient.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you and your family again in Milan in our Mediolanum Hotel , and really apologize for the Rude welcome you had on Arrival , I wish you a nice day.

Mauro Troisi
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Had a lovely three night stay at the Hotel Mediolanum for my 50th birthday. We booked our holiday through Thomas Cook and unbeknown to me they had put in a request that it was my 50th.On arrival the hotel upgraded us from a standard room to a deluxe room and had a bottle of spumante on ice waiting for us!

The room was spotlessly clean, a good size and the mood lighting a fun addition. Breakfast was good, lots of choice and as much latte to drink as you wanted.

All staff were friendly and helpful and cant thank the hotel enough for making my birthday so special.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

dear Mrs and Mr Beavlan ,

thank you so mcuch for your stay in our hotels and your positive comment into the web .

I have well noted that you have appreciated the location , the breakfast , room and staff.

thank you again for the positive comment , me and my team we are very happy for that.

looking forward to welcome you again , I wish you a nice summer

manager