“Pretty good way of discovering the city”

City Sightseeing Milano
Milan City Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Ranked #37 of 127 Tours in Milan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our red open top double-decker buses have already become part of the city of Milan and they are becoming more and more appreciated by tourists from all over the world and by those people who want to know Milan from a different perspective, without having to cope with the hectic pace of this metropolis. 3 lines, 5 buses and a commentary in 8 languages are the necessary ingredients to explore the city and visit its most popular attractions and places of interest: The Sforza Castle, Sant’Ambrogio Cathedral, Parco delle Basiliche and Leonardo’s Navigli area. You can take a ride on a boat tour for a mini-cruise and discover the canals. Then our bus takes you to the Duomo, Milan’s most famous landmark, and you can see the Golden Madonnina perched on top of the tallest spire; then you reach the Scala Opera House. The blue line reaches the new skyscrapers area and takes tourists around the luxury shopping area in the core of the fashion district which attracts visitors from all over the world, also the most demanding ones.
Reviewed December 12, 2013

It's pretty easy but a bit expensive for what it is. Bus comes regularly which makes it easy to hop on/off. Main sights are included but do think about walking tours if you want to see the Last Supper as this is not included in this tour.

1  Thank SeamasterFrance

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The good things about this tour -
There are 3 routes and I did manage all 3 in a day.
Plenty of stops (although I'm not sure you'd want to get off at some of them).
New set of headphones given to you when you board (hang on to them as you only get them included the first time you board).
Choice of 8 languages and Kids commentary in 3 languages.
Keep your ticket and receive a 10% discount on another sightseeing tour (I used mine in Warsaw).
Great way to get your bearings and to see some sights that you wouldn't otherwise make it to on a short break.

Bad things about the tour-
Can't see some of the sights properly from the bus so have to get off and then wait for the next one.
View is fine from upstairs but when it started to pour with rain and I sat downstairs you couldn't see out properly as the paint on the outside of the bus obscures the windows, for a sightseeing bus this seems a bit daft.

Make sure you pick up one of the leaflets with the timetable on it as yes there are quiet long waits between buses and there is a lunch break in the timetable so plan your trip around this.

2  Thank Frizznut
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Using Milan simply as a transit point to get back to school after a long week of travelling, I entered the city weary-eyed and altogether beat. So instead of my usual walk-the-city type attitude, I needed a day where the sights would come to me, especially since I only had a day to see them. Opting for City Sightseeing was a decision I do not regret, They have three different lines, each roughly 80/90 minutes long. I rode B, C and half of A. (Fair warning, C is totally unnecessary unless you like me, had nothing better to do and aren't in the mood to walk.)

You plug in your headphones, and listen to the tour in one of 8 languages (I believe they also have kids tours in three languages as well), The info was a nice supplement to what I was seeing. I ended up spending time off the bus at the Duomo (I mean how could you not?), but ended up on the buses for the greater part of my afternoon, and while the commentary was a bit sparse in spots (C especially), it was a great way to see all that one has to see in a limited amount of time.

I know a common line of thought is that the 'Tram 1' essentially runs the tourist route; and having also taken that during the day, I can say that it is great for getting on an getting off. I took the tour bus for the tour portion of it and the specially designed itinerary, I'm all too familiar with public transit in cities and was looking for a leisurely experience, and this certainly provided it.

7  Thank psdantonio
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We find HOHO Bus tour a quick and easy introduction to any city, and Milan has this tour provider with 3 routes to choose from. Tickets are for 48 hours, and gives one and opportunity to re-visit what strikes one as worth seeing again. The ‘last supper’ is by appointment and we could not make it for the Friday it was available! Perhaps the sound system could be improved for clarity and timing, often one felt the commentary was about something long past and gone! Overall a good sightseeing tour, 3 stars!

1  Thank 2stepRich
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic way to see the city for the first time particularly if you are time limited. There are three lines focusing on different aspects and areas of the city recommend trying them all. Provides great value on a two day ticket. Sadly some drivers and staff where very rude others where very kind.