Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Ermmm

So alike others we found this extremely confusing to navigate - the map was not clear at all and... read more

Reviewed March 13, 2024
Megan C
Prada space not worth the price

If you want to experience a few "ho-hum" modernist pieces by Koons or his ilk this is the ticket... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Lawrence T
Atlanta, Georgia

Recommended experiences in and around Milan
from $16.44
from $156.93
from $20.82
from $110.25
1,093 results
All reviews contemporary art bar luce permanent exhibits avant garde anderson tower cinema torre hurst culture metro stairs brand
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2019

The fondazione Prada is on the grounds and buildings of an old destillery ...so far so good. Arquitecturally nicely conceived and executed but.. the instalations and art are not everybodys taste. My daughter and I love modern art but not this time.

1  Thank Carolina H
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Fondazione Prada is WOW!!! If you are fan of modern/contemporary art, architeture and fashion this is your place. Miuccia Prada is a fashion genious and visionary. The architeture is something magnific! A piece of art itself. The exhibitions are very unique. And you have a bar designed by Wes Anderson (!!!). What else could we want to? I spend 2h30 just enjoying every corner in that place. If you are lucky like I was you could see Miuccia in there :D .Highly recommended.

1  Thank Danibonaniii
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

Beyond the magnificence of an edifice that showcases intelligent restoration and optimum choice of construction materials, there are not much to wow in terms of the exhibition pieces. (The mind-blowing masterpiece by Jake & Dino Chapman is an exception.)

One huge distressing thing that ruined my visit was being told off not once but at least six times for being “too close” to the exhibit, even though I was at least 1 meter away. Hey, I am not a kid and it was definitely NOT my first time visiting a museum to know how to respect the art pieces. (In all fairness, almost every visitor got told off at least once) If the foundation is so sensitive about the exhibits, they should surround them with railings.

And don’t waste your energy climbing up the “Haunted House”. You won’t miss much. However, if you try to take a selfie at the exterior of this building block, a male staff will dash out to urge you not to lean onto their walls. He did stay there until we were finished. That is too much.

PS: the red arrows drawn in the attached photos indicate the point we were standing when we were grimly told to move back. The other photos are the exhibits. Enjoy.

3  Thank nicholasl678
Reviewed February 10, 2019

awesome design, great exercise of design I would say... completely stupidly conceived for young parents or disabled on a wheelchair

steps everywhere, impossible to have a drink at the bar without the obnoxious steps (no ramps anywhere)... the main lift was out of order and we had to call for an assistant on every single floor to be brought up or down on a small secondary lift (long useless waits every time...)... cloakroom on the first floor, not on the usual ground floor, so two mandatory flights of stairs.... design lavatories with malfunctioning red and green bulbs, very annoying.....

the visit was completely ruined, and nobody mentioned anything when we paid for our tickets

total nightmare, keep out

2  Thank Guerino G
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

It is a modern building that exhibits different works from contemporary artist. Although some works were very interesting and captivating, i found that there was a lot of space with nothing, I mean, I entered in big areas where they kept three or four pieces of art. I might say that I was a little deceived.

Date of experience: January 2019