“One night is maximum”

Ranked #209 of 272 Specialty Lodging in Milan
Rzeszow, Poland
“One night is maximum”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed at this hostel one night and it really was enough, luckilly staff was friendly. Price was cheap and this was an advantage, the same was also Simply Market nearby. Bathrooms are the worst thing about this hostel. Rooms up to people are of good quality, bigger ones are worse. I can recommend this place only if you book private room and look for a place to sleep 1- 2 nights.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed 3 nights in October. They charged me for sheets and got angry when I asked for a list of the extra charges. I had 3 arguments with the man on the desk. Over all it was dirty and not friendly. You don't want to stay here.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Charlie P

Travelers are raving about these Milan hotels

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Avoid this place. They didn't care when my glasses were stolen. The men working there uncaring. Except the janitor he is nice. Worst area of town. They don't show you how to get anywhere. I felt unsafe here. ITS NOT WORTH THE 10 EUROS. AVOID AVOID AVOID

• Stayed June 2012
St. Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This hostel was nightmare to find, a bus ride away from the Centrale station, when I arrived I waited in the queue to check in, I had worked the cost of the hostel out to be around 25 euros for 4 nights as this is what it was advertised as, however, when I came to check in the guy charged me an extra 8euros, when I questioned this he said it was for bedding, which wasn't included, although I wasn't aware of this.

The guy showed me to my room, which I was sharing with 8 other people, I was on the top bunk (the only one in the room) and was very glad about this as the majority of the other beds were squashed so closely together that people were having to climb out of the ends of their beds.

I tried to use the Wifi in my room, it didn't work, I could only use it in the communal areas, which were very crowded.

There was a kitchen area with one hob and very few pans between all the guests, as a result I did not get to eat on the first night, as people were still using the hobs at nearly 11pm.

There were inconsiderate people in the room turning lights on in the middle of the night when coming in from nights out.

The bathroom ceiling was sloped and the bath was positioned underneath, making it impossible to shower without kneeling down.

Staff and guests were smoking in the communal room and sometimes the air was so thick with smoke that, as a non-smoker I found it impossible to breathe.

I asked to leave my laptop behind the desk one day and the guy put it on the side, in full view and left it there.

One of the guys who lived in the hostel was telling me that things are stolen from people's bags on a regular basis, this did not happen to me, but I don't let my valuables out of my sight when I'm travelling anyway.

Staff were rude and one in particular was very touchy-feely and would not take the hint, one night in particular he sat next to me holding my hand, stroking my legs and putting his head against my shoulder, refusing to back off even though I kept trying to move away and eventually necessitating me walking out of the room to get away from him as he made me so uncomfortable.

The following day this staff member asked if I was mad with him as I had avoided him all day and I replied that I didn't think his behaviour was appropriate, suddenly he didn't speak English and my accent was too hard for him to understand.

I wouldn't go back to this hostel if they paid me...

Room Tip: Find a different hostel...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Charlotte2610
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
Reviewed March 27, 2012

A group of four of us showed up to tho hostel at about midnight desperate for a place to stay after more than 20 hours of travelling. The guy at the desk was incredibly rude and snappy when we tried to figure out our options. He explained that he had one private room available for us, for €72. As we start to use the wifi to decide of this was our best option, he turns off the wifi to explain that we can only use it as hostel guests.
At this point we decide to get the room, too exhausted to walk all the way back into town (because the hostel is incredibly far from the center of milan, even getting to the nearest metro takes forever!). Our room had terrible beds (the worst we had seen in over two months of hosteling around Europe), the ceiling was too low to stand up straight, the bathroom was moldy and didn't even have a shower, just a bathtub where the ceiling made it again, impossible to stand.
Though none of our stuff was stolen, there was no security in place, by having to turn in your room key as you left the building.

Avoid this hostel, and check out the star hostel.. Where we spent all but the first night of our stay in Milan.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Louisdabelgian
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed December 3, 2011

...the reason being, because bedbugs are more accommodation and less aggravating. We've been travelling for 4 months so sometimes we don't get very nice places, but I have never been compelled to write a review yet.

EVERYONE THERE IS RUDE, not just the staff but the random Italians who also live there for free because they make a few beds. Me an my boyfriend got stared at constantly when we spoke, we were MADE TO FEEL LIKE INTRUDERS, these Italians would also come into the room at whatever hour they felt like turning the light on, arguing and acting as they please. I complained about them and the guy at the desk just went over and started laughing with them.

Also the kitchen/common room closes at 11, but the staff and 'live-ins' stay up every night partying - I'm 21 I'm OK with people having a good time but this was excessive, every night for a week an the staff just ignored you if you said a thing. N0-ONE GOT ANY SLEEP IN OUR ROOM.

Four couples an groups of people left half way (with NO REFUND) as they could not stand it any longer. There are NO LOCKERS, NO LOCKS ON ANY DOORS, you do have to buzz to get in the main door - but as we found out if their Italian anyone can come in. Oh and the JOKE OF A SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX, we left our laptop there, they just stick it behind the desk and then go upstairs to drink more - anyone can get it.
When the live-in Italians changed the bed sheets some PEOPLES STUFF MAGICALLY WENT MISSING, and i did walk in one day with MY BAG OPEN, WITH HALF THE CONTENTS ON THE FLOOR - apparently it 'fell over' - if your a traveller, or even if not when a bag is packed full with everything you have, it's just not that easy to get things out. We were lucky we carried everything valuable with us.
It ruined our trip to Milan, oh an one last little thing - EVERYWHERE WAS COVERED IN MOULD, and we had to leave a DEPOSIT on the first day for no reason, which THEY WOULD NOT GIVE US BACK.

Room Tip: None save yourselves RUN AWAY!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Bethany8700
Elon, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 27, 2011

While the conditions were not horrific, the location was terrifying and I felt unsafe for the duration of my stay. Men were scary and we refused to get walk back anytime after night fall. I slept with all my valuables under my pillow because there were no lockers or places to store my things. pleaseeeee avoid.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends