“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Baltimore
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2006

My husband and I spent our last night in Italy at Hotel Spadari in Milan. We booked through the hotel web site and received a rate lower than what was advertised. The hotel was responsive to our reservation request as well as a follow up e-mail several motnhs later to confirm the reservation and ask logistical questions.

The hotel is ideally located. It's easy to get to - we opted to take a quick metro ride from Milano Centrale. If you have large luggage or numerous bags, I would not recommend doing this. The hotel location is excellent especially if you have a short time in Milan and want to see the major sights.

When we arrived we were warmly greeted by 3 women at the front desk. They offered to make dinner reservations, mapped out how to get to some of the sights and shops we wanted to go to and assisted with our arrangements to travel to the airport the next day.

The hotel lobby and breakfast area are nicely furnished. The hotel has 40 rooms and we stayed in a superior room on the third floor. The room was nicely decorate in different shades of blue with a very nice bathroom and full power air conditioning. We did not have any problems with noise from other rooms or the street. Even the wake up call was pleasant. The free breakfast in the morning was surprising good with a wide array of food.

The only bad thing was that we only stayed one night!
I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
8 Thank njr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2006

We stayed in this hotel just two nights, but we immediately had a very positive impression: from the outside (modern and design inspired, as the hotel's philosophy), to the inside, with a little lounge area with free internet connection and the beautiful breakfast room.
We had a superior room at the highest stage, so we had a very nice view on Milan's Dome; the room was clean with very nice furniture, and we had jacuzzi. The big plus is a vast choice and delicious breakfast that can be served in room for free. We really had everything we need to spent fantastic days just in the center of the city.

• Liked — Design
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank FLAvour
London UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2006

We stayed at the Hotel Spadari for two nights and were really pleased with our choice after making a last minute change. It is in an excellent location for central Milan - close to the main shopping areas (including the Golden Triangle!) and just around the corner from the Duomo. We especially enjoyed taking advantage of the Italian lunch break by stocking up on goodies at Peck (literally next door) and having a picnic in our room. The room was really clean and nicely decorated, although we found the bed a little hard. There was also a little bit of noise in the morning from other rooms. Staff were very friendly and recommended a lovely restaurant for dinner. Breakfast was also good.

I would both recommend and stay at the Hotel Spadari again.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank MelbinLondon
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2006

We began our first trip to Italy at the Hotel Spadari and were so impressed that I kept telling my mom we would be disappointed with all of the future hotels during our stay. We found the Spadari to be exactly as reviewed on this site. I had been nervous because I booked the hotel at a discount rate through a big travel site and wasn’t sure we’d get the same quality and treatment. From the moment we arrived until we left, everything was just great. The room was beautiful (much nicer than most American hotel’s we’ve stayed in) and large in size. The bathroom even had a massage shower—though I couldn’t quite figure out how to use it. The location was ideal for our quick stay in Milan. We were able to walk to the Duomo and Galleria at night to get the Gelato recommended by Rick Steves. The following day we were able to explore the Peck Deli (recommended) right next store and still get to our tour on time. Staff was great, friendly, and very accommodating. I asked if breakfast was included even with the special rate and they really wanted to serve us. We got great service and a great room. We’d recommend it to anyone else considering the Spadari. Lastly, if you’re looking for a good snack food recommendation—we recommend Luini’s (sp?) (listed in Rick Steve’s and Eyewitness Travel). It was a little hard to find, but well worth it for the great panzerotti.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank amymichelle
gold coast australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2006

We stayed in a suite here for three nights and were very comfortable. I had taken the recommendation from Trip Advisor and was glad I did. The staff were fantastic and sent us to a couple of great restaurants and one bad one. I left my jacket at one and the staff had it sent back by taxi and insisted on paying for the cab as we had a bad experience at the restaurant which they had recommended (you can't ask for more than that!) The location was very central to everything. Highly recommended.

7 Thank kerrybr
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2006

As with other reviews this is an excellent hotel and the staff are the most helpful I have ever met, especially Manuella. Gave me recommendations and booked 2 excellent but inexpensive restaurants. Rooms are as good as the pictures suggest and I thought the breakfast was fine. On top of all that the location is superb. 5 stars to everyone there.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2006

Hotel Spadari was recommended, in addition to ranking here, by Rick Steves, and Matteo, owner of Locanda Orseolo ( #1 ranked B&B in Venice, Italy )

I had high expectations of it, and was not disappointed.
We stayed there for two nights in mid May, at the tail end of a 18 day Italian sightseeing trip which started in Rome. Even before my arrival, I was impressed when I called a week earlier to modify my booking. Yolanda spoke excellent english ( as did all front desk staff there ) and handled my request very smoothly.

We took a taxi from train station and was dropped off across the street, about 30 feet away as there was no stopping in front of the hotel. The very short walk across this virtually traffic free street was very easy. We were greeted with friendly smiles from the reception staff, who checked us in smoothly. Yes, Yolanda was there too. Later on, I told her about tripadvisor.com, and she was fully aware of it.
One of the things that bothered me in Italy was that many hotels do not turn on Air conditioning until the summer, despite what they describe on their website. I was most pleased to find my room with a working A/C unit, in addition to double pane windows, essentially blocking all street noise. The kingbed room was perhaps even bigger than a standard room at a USA Sheraton, with room for a loveseat and a table for snacks. There's in-room internet connection that works very well with ethernet cable already present.... one merely has to bring a laptop to plug it in. There is also one laptop in the lobby for internet use. Bathroom is roomy, with modern shower and bidet. It is bigger than those in standard USA hotel chains.

Breakfast was included, and was served in the bar beyond the reception desk. In addition to capuccino, latte, bread, cereal, yogurt, juice, they also serve omlettes, cold cut meats, fresh fruit. I was very satisfied with the quality and quantity of my breakfast.

I was so impressed with this hotel that I told the front desk staff that I had to write a review to share my good experience with fellow readers of tripadvisor!

• Stayed May 2006