“Great attention to details” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Spadari al Duomo

Hotel Spadari al Duomo
Ranked #3 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Swansea
“Great attention to details”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a small 'boutique' Hotel in a very good location, ideal for a visit to Milan's historical centre. The Duomo is just around the corner, despite this our rooms (on the rear) were very quiet. The decor is very stylish and there is great attention to details, e.g. free wi-fi and soft drinks. We had a very good dinner at a restaurant nearby as advised by the friendly and helpful staff. We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GBSwansea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
ankara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is my third time in Milan,and hotel Spadari made this trip more enjoyable.When our travel agency booked this hotel for us,I sent them an e-mail and asked if they could be able to upgrade us,and they promised to do their best.The driver picked us up and when he approached to the center he lost his way to the hotel.I called the front desk and they immediately give the directions to the driver.When we arrived,everything was ready and they upgraded us to a room with a beautiful balcony.Very helpful,very professional ladies.Whenever I asked an address ,they always tried to do their best to help us.The rooms were very clean,the breakfast was amazing.I had stayed so many hotels in the world,but Hotel Spadari was unique.I can honestly say this is a real boutique hotel.I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends without any hesitancy.

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms with balcony
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

A really nice hotel, located just about 5 minutes walk to the cathedral (Duomo) and the mall. Otherwise, it is walking distance to most of the sights from the hotel. We lived on the sixth floor with a balcony and a lovely view over the rooftops because we are smokers. The room was just the right size with a large bathroom and free WiFi
Great breakfast served each morning and it will make you full and well for many hours. The staff is friendly and accommodating.
This is really a hotel that I would recommend.
PS. Are you going to eat lunch, you must try Peck located next door to the hotel.WOW!!! DS

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our family of 7 just felt at home the staff especially the Manager Lolanda was very very helpful even assisted for a late check out for a very minimal fee .

I recommend this hotel to everybody there is nothing not to like about this hotel.

We will definitely return again .

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank superakh
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed in this beautiful hotel in December 2012. The location is great, just a few minutes walk from the Duomo, Scala, many wonderful tourist locations in central Milan and tourist bus stop. Our room was on the 6th floor, it had a cute little balcony and a lovely view to the surrounding streets.

The staff was absolutely fantastic, very helpful and honestly wanting you to have the best stay. They recommended some great restaurants where locals go, amazing, traditional Italian food and wine and very reasonable prices. Our plane was leaving at 9pm and they let us stay in the room free of charge till we had to leave to the airport which was extremely helpful! The breakfast was really good, we've had the best omelette of our lives!!!

I've travelled the world and I can comfortably recommend this hotel, great value for money and you won't be disappointed!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Best hotel in Milan. Beautiful hotel. Excellent location. It takes less than 5 minutes to walk to the Duomo cathedral. Outstanding service. The staff is really happy to see you when you walk in. Best hotel staff in Milan. Litizia was wonderful and always willing to help us. The breakfast is delicious. Our room was very nice with a beautiful bathroom and very quie

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Spadari is located in Milan's historic centre and therefore is in reasonable walking distance to all the main tourist attractions. I walked to see the Last Supper and to Stazione di Cordona to catch the train for a day trip to Como on separate mornings and each walk was only 20 minutes. I even walked from Navagli and Villa Necchi back to the hotel and since Milan is relativly flat, the walks weren't streneous and rather pleasant. Though there aren't a lot of good restaurants in the immediate vincity of the hotel, there are great places to eat within a 10 minute walk.

Ths staff are professional, make good restaurant suggestions (which is uncommon for many hotels) and know what they are talking about. During my vacation in Italy, I stayed in a couple of hotels where the staff did not know where to direct me for simple things like how to catch the train for a day trip somewhere. However, at the Hotel Spadari, the staff printed off train timetables and provided clear directions to various places.

The room itself was spacious (I had a classic room) and though I was staying by myself, the room would have been large enough for two people. Having a bath was great as well. Accommodation in Milan is expensive and I happened to be there during fashion week which may have added to the rom price, but the Spadari was one of the few places I found that included breakfast in the room rate and was cheaper when compared to similar hotels I researched. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013