“Really perfect 4 star hotel”

Hotel Spadari al Duomo
Ranked #3 of 428 Hotels in Milan
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Really perfect 4 star hotel”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is a very nice one, only 4 star rated but it is really nice to stay. Very nice and friendly staff, the location is perfect right in the heart from Milano. We stayed in a room on the 6 th florr and we could see the upper part from the Duomo. The rooms are not to big but the bed and bathroom is clean and perfect, choose from different pillows. Small fridge all softdrinks are free ! Free good working wi fi. The breakfast is great and nice, fresh omelets etc. Juices good coffees. We really enjoyed this hotel, we stayed three times in total. Enjoy Milano

Room Tip: Upper floors with balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank henkespresso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wow, this is so far the nicest reception service I have gotten in a Milano hotel.
I have been in Milan for a couple of times, sometimes I have stayed at business hotels, or boutique hotels and for certain reason all reception service seem to have an attitude.
I was greated by a very friendly hotel employee and the check in was super fast.
I think they upgraded me because I had booked a regular queen room and I got a huge room with a sofa and it was a king bed (two twins put together). My room overlooked the streets,which you would think is noisy but it wasn't it. I want into the bathroom and boy the cleaning people did a bad job. There was a HUGE dark hair on the floor and the bidet had two pieces of hair on it. I didn't want to think about it too much otherwise, it really makes you wonder how well they clean the rooms. They even had left a ladder. They apologized saying that they just cleaned the curtains so they just put it up. I am no Prima Dona, so I don't mind that they forgot the ladder. I just had to call reception for some one to come and pick it up. However, the hair thing leaves me to give this hotel 3 stars instead of 5.

The good thing about this small hotel is that is only two short blocks from the Duomo and the metro.
It's also located right next door to PECK, a gourmet market. You can even order their food to go and eat it in your room. At peck I had my BEST gelato ever. You can't taste the favors, so I ordered the chestnut and white chocolate. It was so good with real chunks of chestnuts! The hotel is also right in front of Laduree (French coffee shop with the best macaroons in Paris and out of Paris). Right on the corner there is also another more casual coffee shop with super nice service and delicious sandwiches and soup! Once I was jet lagged and missed the free breakfast, so I had brunch at the corner cafe and I was blown away by their delicious paninis and soup! They were so friendly too. The coffee shop has an interesting decor with a tree and branches inside.

The free breakfast at the hotel was pretty good. A Cheerful lady was serving and you can tell that she cared about giving a good service to the guests. They serve you awesome cappuccinos too! If you want hot food you need to order it (no extra cost, but you need to ask for it since its not displayed). You can order your eggs, any style, with tomatoes, mushrooms or bacon. They have plenty of fruits even fresh strawberries, cereal, pastries, ham, prosciutto, Brie, and Swiss cheese. Their orange juice is freshly squeezed.

Bed was very comfortable. Firm yet soft at the same time. Plenty of comfy pillows. The only thing stopping me from a good night rest was the noisy central heating.

I would come back here, hoping they clean the bathroom better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LABUNNY
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I decided late on a Friday night to go to Milan the following morning, and found this boutique hotel online, with availability and a pretty good last minute rate. I couldn't have been more pleased -- I highly recommend it! Great location, great breakfast, clean rooms that were decent sized & rather funky (cool art,) and a very friendly staff with lots of patience (I asked some stupid questions, given lack of preparation for the trip.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank H2where
Montepulciano, Italy
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first time in Milan and the choice of this hotel was absolutley spot on. A quiet location, just few steps from Duomo, designed and created by artists, makes you feel special and important. We had a 6th floor room with balcony and a bathtub, as a special request. Breakfast was delicious, staff attentive, rooms clean and comfortable. A perfect stay. I 'll be back.
Highly recommended for first time stayer in Milan

1 Thank kingusia30
USA
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is convenient, well maintained, comfortable and really without complaint. The breakfast included is very well done. Most impressive is the helpful and attentive staff. The hotel feels like an inn where one is known and valued.

1 Thank mmm301
Waterloo, Belgium
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Ideally situated close to the piazza del duomo and all public transportation, modern, neat and clean. Dedicated and helpfull staff, but on the final invoice, by an unfortunate error, we would have been overbilled by €150.

Room Tip: to the backyard, because in front you have a tram line
1 Thank KlausWendel
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Spadari al Duomo, earlier in November 2012, when it was the #1 hotel on TripAdvisor. Not surprisingly, the hotel was the highlight of our Milan leg of the journey.

When booking, we were looking for a hotel that would serve the following; firstly, be close to the main attractions such as the Duomo Cathedral; secondly, a boutique hotel that would hit above its weight in terms of service and comfort; and finally, to have options for some good restaurants since Milan was going to be our last stop before leaving Italy.

This hotel hit all of those points and more. From the time we returned the rental car to Hertz, they were on the phone helping us reach the hotel. Check-in/check-out was a breeze, location was central, front desk/concierge was helpful throughout the 3 days with restaurant suggestions + reservations, taxi bookings to the airport. Breakfast was ample and delicious (you have to ask the wait-staff for hot items).

Besides the central location, the hotel is surrounded by very interesting retail stores. There's the famous macaroons brand La Duree just opposite and right next door, there's Peck's, a "food emporium" that offers everything from meats, to pastas, to cheeses and pastries.

Finally, we had indicated during our booking that this was our honeymoon and the hotel planned for a bottle of prosecco and a plate of strawberries to reach us, only when they were sure we were going to be in our room for the hour. They innocently asked us at the front desk whether we were going to rest in the room until our dinner reservation, which they had helped us book. Their attention to detail without being intrusive is commendable.

All in all, for a good, comfortable stay topped generously with good service throughout, you don't have to look further than Hotel Spadari al Duomo.

You can see photos at www.travelstorytotell.com.

2 Thank AaronKong