“Great Savoy Experience”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #6 of 427 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is my first experience of staying with the Savoy group of hotels and they did not disappoint me - great hotel - brilliant location - literally 2 mins walk to Metro station (Republiica) - 15 minute taxi ride Duomo district ( taxi 15 euros), 15 minutes to Nevigli ( taxi 15 euros). Hotel itself is not modern but has a great feel to it and staff are just superb including the conceirge who were very helpful.

We did not get to try the Spa as it was going thru refurb at the time.

Food in the hotel was superb and brekfast had lots of variety - including croissant, rolls, bread, Scrabeled egg and great fruit bar.

Would definetly stay again

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Dear vik t,
Thank you for sharing your review about the Hotel Principe di Savoia :-)
I am happy that you loved your breakfast and the service received. My apologies for the inconvenience with the Spa, which had to undergo some urgent intervention.
Also, I hope you had the chance to try our car transfer service to the historical centre, leaving the hotel every 15 minutes and reaching Piazza della Scala in 5.

I do hope to have your family back with us again soon, so that you can make the best of all our services.
Warm Regards

Reviewed September 1, 2014

I can't recommend this hotel enough. The service was outstanding, room immaculate, and breakfast unbelievable. But what stands out the most is the service. The concierge was helpful and the front desk staff welcoming. When we arrived and were taking our bags out of the taxi, the pull-handle of my suitcase completely broke off (not a good start to a 2-week trip!). The bellman brought the bag to our room and asked me to empty it. We went about our day and even shopped for new luggage, but didn't find anything I liked. When we returned to our room, there was the bag, completely fixed without even asking (and no charge)! Also, the steam room was undergoing renovations during our stay so they took us to another facility that was simply amazing. I had never seen such nice spa facilities. I obviously could go on and on, highly recommend Principe di Savoia. Yes, it is a bit away from the Duomo, but the car service was very easy and convenient. We walked back one afternoon and it was about 15 minutes, no big deal. Go, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear StaceeE_13,
Thank you for sharing your lovely review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and I am sorry about the steam room and the inconvenience this may have caused you - we had some minor works to do there.
I'll make sure to share your comment with the concierge and front desk staff, including our incredible doormen.

I hope you will consider this as your home in Milan now, and to welcome back soon both you and your partner.

Warm Regards from Milano,

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Great hotel - have stayed here twice and loved it both times. Wonderful staff, beautiful hotel, great restaurant. Great breakfast! Nice limo/shuttle to Basilica, La Scala, shopping. Very luxurious. When my daughter wanted to go to a late night concert they made sure she got there and got back safely. Hope to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear Jill F,
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review.
I am utterly thrilled that your family had a good time here with us, and that you had the chance to make the most of our services.

It looks like you were here a while ago: is it time to visit Italy again, maybe? Autumn is a wonderful season to see the sights around Northern Italy!
Your home in Milan awaits at all times,

Warm Regards

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Absolute Luxury all the way with a superb bar, ambience and friendly staff. A home away from home! The breakfast is amazing, spa is beautiful and a great business / holiday hotel five star all the way. The staff are ever so friendly and there are incredible restaurants a stone thro away from the hotel.

Room Tip: Close to metro and really just a 15 minutes walk to Via Montenapolione
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Litred9,
Thank you so much for sharing your review.
I am happy to read that you loved your breakfast and thesorrounding area, which does really offer a lot in terms of entertainment.

I hope to welcome you back soon to our beautiful city.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I been in a suite and i can only say GREAT.
Very good room, very good service, fantastic breakfast.
Very clean, very quite and fantastic bar after dinner.
Unfortunately the spa was closed during my stay.
For sure i will return when in Milano.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrea70_S
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Andrea70_S,
Thank you for your kind review.
My apologies about the swimming pool not being available during your stay, we have had to refurbish the area.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hopefully this time your stay will be entirely memorable.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I been in hotel 3 nights was wonderful staff was friendly nice place to stay and breakfast is lovely easy to reach station and city centre best hotel in Italy room dining service is fast very clean and tidy hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Baatarjab,
It is with immense gratitude that I read your review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
We take particular pride in the service we provide, and I will make sure to forward your comments to the rest of the team.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in August- we booked 2 connecting rooms. (classic type)
The hotel is very impressive however when we approached the check in we started feeling some stress….the lady at the reception was very nice however since we had an issue with the connecting rooms she called asked a more senior reception staff member (manager?) who started discussing the "problem" with her in Italian while I was standing there - not understanding a word!!! Not very polite !!!

After few minutes they solved the "problem" and started taking in English again …. The rooms are nice, good size with very nice bathroom…. but in both rooms there was a bad smell…. I called the housekeeping to inform them about the problem. The women who answered was very nervous and very rude….she did not agree to send someone to look into the problem…..she said in a very loud voice that she can only send a person with a spray……to "splash" some smell…. When I tried to explain that the "splash" will help only for few minutes….the women become very very…..angry and she said " this is what I can do…. Maybe you will tell me what can I do….. I cannot help you"!!!!!I

I do not expect this low standard of service in any hotel but especially not in such luxurious….very expensive hotel….she did send a women with a spray….the nice lady did not speak a word in English but she tried to explain with her hands that the bad smell is coming from the walls???

The poor service was also at breakfast time ….. The hosts in the entrance was nice but some of the waiters were really terrible….not smiling…. Very difficult to track their attention! (there was one senior waiter which was professional).

The breakfast itself was excellent – nice variety of food very fresh! As I said nice hotel….. the management must do something to improve the service….. not sure that its worth to pay the high rate for the rooms…..

Room Tip: parking at hotel is very expensive (50Euro) per night - use alternatives nearby
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Irit L
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Dear Irir L.,
Thank you so much for your review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I am so sorry to hear that everything was not perfect with your stay. As you can imagine service is our top priority and If you would like to contact me personally I can investigate further and get back to you with a more through response.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,