“Possibly the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Sydney
“Possibly the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Have travelled the world for 30 years +, this would have to be one of the best.
All of the staff are fantastic, and the service sensational.
One of the cleanest hotels I have ever seen.
Free Limo transfers around Milan.
Rooms are elegant, luxurious, and large.
However the best part was a meal in their restaurant Acanto
The Sommelier Ms Alessandra Veronesi is possibly one of the best in the world.
The wine list is more extensive than a telephone directory.
What more can I say.......!

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nigel_747400Sydney
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear nigel_747400Sydney,
Thank you for your kind words in this review. I am glad that you loved the food and the services provided. We are very proud of Alessandra Veronesi and I am glad if you had the time to taste our wines with her assistance.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Principe di Savoia,
Warm Regards
Ezio Indiani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

One of the top hotels I have been to. Rooms are big and very clean. Staff are very kind and helpful. This hotel reminds me of the Plaza hotel in New York. Free limo to different spots in Milan. The breakfast is delicious. Just an amazing hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Heba-83,
Thank you so much for your review. It is with immense pleasure that I hear that you found everything about the Hotel Principe di Savoia amazing and consider it one of the top hotels. I will be sure to share your lovely words with all my wonderful team and I sincerely hope to have you again soon as our Guest.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel has excellent service and it's beautiful. They let us checked in early and late checked out. Staff are friendly. The room is a good size compare to other european hotel. It has a little foyer before you get to your room. The bathroom is big and clean. This hotel also has a limo shuttle take you to Dumo. The limo shuttle is a lot more comfortable than a taxi. The only thing is that I was hoping that their limo schedule can extend to may be half an hour after the shops closed.

Room Tip: Limo shuttle is complementary from the hotel. It's a lot more comfortable than a taxi. The only...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Jessica T,
I am delighted to hear your kind words and thank you for your lovely review. It makes me extremely proud to read that you found the service excellent and that the staff was friendly, as these are my top priorities. I will definitely discuss with my executive team your suggestion on extending the hours of the complimentary limousine service.

Looking forward to welcoming you at the Hotel Principe di Savoia I wish you a lovely day.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

I only had one night to enjoy the hotel but it was a most pleasurable experience. I arrived at around 8:30 am but was still able to access the room. The staff were most helpful and supportive, with a real feeling of warmth about the place. This is a luxury hotel in the traditional style. The room I had was spacious, bathroom well appointed and the TV had an excellent choice of channels. I only had time for a brief breakfast but that was enjoyable too with plenty of staff on hand. Unfortunately the spa and swimming pool were out of service whilst i was there, but the hotel gave a refund on the bill, which was nice. Overall a great way to spend my last day in Italy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Robin W,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that your last day in Italy spent with us left you with a pleasant memory.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back at the Hotel Principe di Savoia and I wish you a wonderful summer.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel is really incredible has the best service. The breakfast is very good and the service is outstanding. The location is not central but ok even if you want go around with subway or taxi. the room are very good clena and they have all you need.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rickyus-newyork,
I realize that we are all pressed for time so it is with immense pleasure that I read your words and thank you for sharing your experience. As you can imagine I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was perfect. If you come back in the future please note that we also have a complimentary car service that takes our Guests to and from the historical centre otherwise you can enjoy the restaurants, shops and nightlife around the Hotel.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Principe de Savoia is a lovely hotel situated 20 mins walk from the Duomo. The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the concierge desk, who advised us on restaurants. They remembered our names and were very helpful. The bars at the hotel were nice and the main restaurant was good.
The spa was slightly disappointing as I had to walk through the middle of the spa in the middle of my treatment to have a shower and the massage was very gentle.
The pool is small but very refreshing after a day sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AJMglobaltraveller
PrincipediSavoia, Direttore generale at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear AJMglobaltraveller,
Thank you for your lovely review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia. It is with great pleasure that I read your words and I am happy that you managed to take advantage of the various services that we offer: from our wonderful concierge, to our Principe Bar, Acanto Restaurant and Club 10. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your massage but in the future please feel free to advise the masseur as to the type of pressure you prefer as they are more than delighted to oblige.
I sincerely hope to have you again soon as our Guest and I wish you a wonderful summer.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

but building, amazing breakfast and attentive staff. the complementary limousine is a great touch.
the room was sumptious and well appointed.however the wardrobe was too small, only a single.
We were asked at check in if we wanted twin beds which we requested. This did not happen. On the second night our air conditioning broke down due to a short power cut. We called reception no one came. After a second call the engineer appeared, it took 2 attempts to fix. By this time it was 2 o'clock in the morning and we were exhausted. We would have appreciated a follow up call from management to make sure we were ok. the location is away from restaurants and nigthlife. it is easy to get cab. It is within easy walking distance from Milan train station. If you would like to take a day trip to Lake Como it is ideal. Frederico,the concierge, was wonderful, he gave us lots of tips and advice which made our stay more pleasurable.He is more than happy to book your train tickets which i advise as the booking system is very complicated. Wonderful shops in abundance, my friend was in seventh heaven. Lots of great archtecture especially the Duono. The metro is very easy to use and cheap.I loved the fact you got lots of different nibbles with your drink, a lovely touch. One last thing, you do need insect spray during the summer, I got badly bitten whilst sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear tally65,
Thank you so much for your review on the Hotel Principe di Savoia. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed Milan, our wonderful Concierge Federico, our staff, Principe Bar and breakfast. As it is a priority for me that everyone leaves the Hotel completely content and with lovely memories I am sorry to hear that everything was not perfect. If you would like to contact me personally I can investigate further and get back to you with a more through response. Looking forward to welcoming you back and showing you also the great restaurants and nightlife that are walking distance from the hotel I wish you a wonderful summer.