“Superb stay!”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #9 of 428 Hotels in Milan
“Superb stay!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in November and was very satisfied in the end. The hotel is located near the central train station, which is very convenient for those who like daily trips to near by places!
It is also walking distance to the centre of Milan where the sites and shopping streets are located. The rooms where very clear and spacious, the bathroom was magnificent and the lobby beautiful! Generally the staff was very pleasant, kind and helpful which adds even more to the hotels value.
In the ground floor , there is a very hot bar that gathers all the elite young and old outgoing people of Milan! Should definitely go there for a drink.
The only thing that i would suggest the hotel management to reconsider are the prices for the room service! Prices for ordering lunch or dinner in your room was prohibitive and extraordinary.
Generally, i would surely recommend it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dioufismos
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Dioufismos,
thank you so much for your review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.

I am delighted that you loved staying with us and I hope you had the chance to try our complimentary services, such as the limousine shuttle to the city centre and the Spa.
We are particularly proud of our Bar, which is a reference point during events such as the fashion week.
Lastly, please note that your comment about room service has been duly noted.

We look forward to welcoming back you and your partner soon.

General Manager, Hotel Principe di Savoia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times, a dozen + and on 2 visits i had to change rooms because the a/c was noisey.. apart from that, the rooms varied from super luxe to standard luxe, not sure why.. luck of the draw? wonderful pool/steam room in top floor.. great bar especially at night during fashion week..

Room Tip: if you are not satisfied, ask to see another room..
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear gpstalent,
thank you for sharing your review.
I am glad that you loved the penthouse Spa Club 10 and the crowd at the Principe bar.

I totally agree with your suggestion, if a Guest finds any faults about the room we shall be most glad to find a solution, or a better room if there is availability.
In general we do appreciate it when Guests provide feedbacks or requests during their stay, as that gives us the chance to deliver the kind of service they are expecting. For this same simple reason, we try to provide an upgrade whenever possible.

We sincerely hope to see you again soon in your Milanese home. If you wish to, please let me know in advance you are coming back, and I will be most glad to welcome you personally.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place...The service is exception, Our suite was very spacious and super quiet. The price is worth every penny and if you haven't tried the spa, is amazing and worth all the time that you spend in there!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear mbl_w,
thank you so much for your kind review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I will make sure to share it with the team at our Spa Club 10 especially, as they are passionate about delivering a unique experience to our Guests.
I am delighted that you loved your suite and hope to welcome you back again soon to your home in Milan.

New York
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A very beautiful, old world hotel. Rooms were lovely. The dining room and parlor at breakfast and tea was a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. I agree with the posters who found the services overpriced. I can recall ordering a glass of white wine...for $18.00. I told the smug bar server he could keep it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank globetrotterfromny
Dear globetrotterfromny,
thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.

While I am pleased to read that you loved your accomodation and breakfast, I would like to hear more about your experience at the bar. If you would like to get in touch privately, I will be most thankful.
I hope you and your family had the chance to try our complimentary services, such as the Spa and fitness centre or the limousine shuttle service.

We do hope to welcome you back again soon
new york
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Over the years, I've stayed here on business and always appreciated the large rooms and friendly staff , but felt it was a little "dated.".

When we decided to vacation as a family in Milan, we chose the hotel for the room sizes and reasonable price relative to others in the area.

We were pleasantly surprised as it appeared to have been completely updated since my last stay. The entrance has been opened up and is quite warm and colorful. The check in was easy and we were in our rooms immediately despite arriving early in the morning. I noticed that the walls were all freshly painted.

The rooms are large and had plenty of sunlight. The decor is old world style with beautiful wood furnishings.the bathroom is also up to date and had all of the amenities and good water pressure in the showers.

The only knock was that you had to pay for wifi, though not a shock as each hotel has its policies.

The location is solid and they had a shuttle to the central area, about a 5 minute cab rideor20 minute walk. The shuttle is likely only during the holiday season to the Duomo and market.

Lastly, despite staying over the Christmas holiday, bravo to the Concierges who found us several excellent restaurants that were open.

Overall, a good choice in Milan.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear travelwithkids_7,
thank you for this lovely review about your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you had the opportunity to try our unique concierge services, and I am glad to have the chance to confirm that our complimentary limousine shuttle service is available throughout the year.

All our rooms were recently refurbished in classic style and design details. While I am pleased that you loved your accomodation, I would like to reassure you that your comment about wifi prices has been duly noted.

We look forward to welcoming back you and your family again in Milan soon.
Sincerly,
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 25, 2012

After a long 8 hour journey on Delta I was warmly welcomed by the staff of the hotel. I have went to many hotels and this is one of the BEST! The rooms were very nice and the staff were kind.
The concierge helped me and my family find good places to eat as well as giving us a van to head to the Christmas Markets. It was also easy to check in at the front desk. We got morning and evening housekeeping. That was good because Im not the most neat person you will come across. In total I rate this hotel 5 stars. I highly suggest you stay here too!

Room Tip: Rooms higher up in the hotel are better because it is not at all noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ethan Z,
thank you for sharing your kind words about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
We understand that Guests flying in after a long journey need rest and comfort, and we try to apply flexibility for check-in times whenever this is possible.

I will certainly share your comment with our staff, front desk and concierge in particular, and I do hope to welcome you back at the Principe upon your next journey to Italy,

Sincerely
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I arrived at the Hotel after a horrible journey where I miss my first train than had to wait 2 hours to catch the one getting me to the destination... all together 7hours to do less than 500km!
Upon check in it took a good minute to the lady at the desk to acknowledge me! Then there was no warm welcome or questioning on how was my trip! Sorry but it was important as I had a horrible one! Then it was professional but cold...
They didn’t escort me to the room (For a Palace it’s a must I think!) but this one was beautiful! Honestly it is a perfect room… outside of the view but anyway I didn’t have time to look outside. Really nicely appointed and decorated…
I went to their bar and the experience was good, cosy, trendy and charming… There again the service was efficient but not with a smile or interested in my happiness… Food was good…
Had breakfast and the selection and quality was great… Again service was professional only…
Overall I liked the hotel but outside of the Housekeeping staff and the Concierge (Oldest guy there I think) who were really smiling and happy to help all other staff didn’t feel like they wanted to make you feel good in their hotel and it is why I can’t say that my stay was the best!
But don’t take me wrong it is a beautiful and really good hotel but please tell the bell boy and your bouncer at the entrance to say Hello to people when they enter the hotel! I spent 3 nights I think and never was welcome upon return!
Will I stay there next time… Maybe or maybe not because I like to feel welcome…

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear SheikhDaCize,
thank you so much for sharing your experience at Hotel Principe di Savoia.

While I'm delighted that you enjoyed your room and the food, I am extremely sorry that we did not make you feel welcome. I can assure you this is not usually how we treat our Guests and it saddens me that you were not able to experience the warmth our staff is worldwide known for.

I sincerely hope that you will come back and we can reverse your perception.
Happy holidays,