Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Chateau Monfort(Milan)
$244
$173
  • Pool
WORLDHOTEL Cristoforo Colombo(Milan)(Great Value!)
$153
$113
2,060 results
All reviewslimousine servicedorchester collectiondorchester groupmosaic roombeautiful hoteldi parmaluxury hotelpremium roomconcierge deskmain restauranttop floorroom servicefour seasonsjunior suitepark hyattthe hotel offerscity centre
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stay there for a bussines event with dinner for 300 people. The food was OK, you cannot expect Michelin stars level served at the same time for more than 300 people... at dessert I had to leave the dinner so I decided to pass by the lobby bar for a quick espresso coffee... I was expecting a 5 stars service so coffee included in the dinner, even if I was not anymore in the dining saloon, where coffee was going to be served, I mentioned the waitress but....
I got just a deny and a bill of 18 € for 3 standard espressos!!!! The 5 stars should not only come out from the bill!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Carlo B
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Mr Carlo B,
thank you for sharing this review about your recent experience at an event at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
While it is reasonable to expect coffee to be served along with "petit fours" at the end of a dinner within one of our meeting rooms, the bar located in our lobby is an entirely different establishment I am afraid.

I cannot comment on the service you received during the dinner, since the type of menu varies according to what the meeting planners agreed on with our banqueting service. If you would like to explain further, please do get in touch either here on Tripadvisor or via our website.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Service, environment, decoration and rooms are just perfect - special remark to concierge!

I stayed 5 nights with my kids at Mosaic Room - please try it, simply the room of my life!

Downside: restaurant Acanto - one of the most beautiful places on Earth, fantastic at breakfast, but poor at dinner.

Oriovaldo Antonio Tumoli

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Thank Oriovaldo Anton... T
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Mr Tumoli,
thank you for sharing this review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am delighted that you loved your accomodation. We are particularly proud of our Mosaic Rooms, named after the unique mosaic showcased in the bathroom in hues matching those of the room - red, blue and yellow.

It will be my pleasure to give your compliments to our concierge staff.
As per the restaurant, I would really appreciate it if you could get in touch with me, either with a private message here on Tripadvisor or directly.

We do look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Nice location nera city center and train station....appreciated shuttle servite to any area down town.
Concierge very help full....fast check in and check out.....good breakfast and bar....large rooms and bathrooms.....place to be' in Milano.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Mr Guarducci,
thank you for sharing this review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am delighted to read that you appreciated the service and your accomodation.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Principe upon your next visit to Milano.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was hosted in this hotel, and told how lucky I should be... Yes, the Principe is a glorious hotel, full of elegance and tradition. Still, the problem of these hotels is they live/survive on their reputation...Check in service slow and fairly bureaucratic; rooms very posh, but I would say over-decorated, and all this comes at a hefty price ! So if you like the classic "chic" decor, go there and you will feel well; if you're in the mood for something more modern or trendy, Milan has some lovely alternatives.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Dirk3061,
thank you for your review about your recent stay at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I would really appreciate it if you could get in touch with me and help me understand what the issue has been with your check-in. We want our services to be entirely satisfying for our Guests, and comments are greatly appreciated when they can help us work toward excellence.

We do have a strong tradition and are always setting standards that other luxury hotels have to adjust to. Our rooms and common areas were all recently refurbished by world-known architects, and they are usually appreciated by our Guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very nice hotel, interiors, bar and rooms are great. Hallways long and lots of small stairs so difficult for people with handicaps.

We booked a classic room which was very nice, only probplem was BATHTUB which was of the new design with quite a narrow bottom area and with sloping towards the middle and the valve. This together with the rather wide upper rim makes it difficult to step out of without slipping (need to hold handle and there was only one), so watch out!

Breakfast is EXPENSIVE 39-59 EUR per person - we ended up not eating breakfast at hotel - and I do not think this price is realistic - of course if the hotel wants to be very exclusive then the prices make sense. Other services were also expensive and the restaurant had prices 30-40 EUR for main course.

The bar was nice, prices for dring 20 EUR and up.

Servise and friendliness excellent. Cleanliness fine.

Missed that we were 2 and only gave 1 bottle of water - corrected quickly after telephone call.

The hotel is walking distance to shopping areas but few reasonably priced restaurants in the vicinity. Close to Central station - 10 EUR.

Spa needs updating - we saw image of fantastic pool on the internet and this was the pool of the presidential suite....! The one for nomrals was lacking some mosaics and the Jaccuzzi was of poor construction - no real massage and not so warm and missing mosaics.

Room Tip: If trouble walking- beware lots of short stairs - ask for room close to elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple