“An Oasis of Luxury”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #6 of 431 Hotels in Milan
“An Oasis of Luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We arrived in Milan by train having left our rental car at the airport car . We foolishly carried our cases to this hotel where there was a wonderful room waiting for us, an incredible bathroom and outstanding service.The staff cannot do too much for their guests and the breakfast buffet is excellent. After scouring Milan for handbags and overawed by the sights, we happily retreated to our lovely bedroom with its down comforter after soaking ourselves in the sybaritic bathtub replete with Acqua de Parma amenity packs. My advice is to use the great concierges to preplan your visit and ensure you get good tickets to La Scala and visit The Last Supper.

Room Tip: Go for the best you can afford and with plenty of elevator space it's no problem having a higher...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Miloj,
thank you for sharing your review about Principe di Savoia.
I am so glad that you and your partner enjoyed your room and breakfast.
Milan has a lot to offer in terms of artistic heritage, we always suggest to take the time for a tour of our city.

I would like to underline your excellent suggestion to get in touch with our concierge team ahead of time, for inspiration about places to go and things to do. They can easily be reached by email directly from our website.

I look forward to welcoming you back again to Milan soon,
Best Regards
General Manager - Hotel Principe di Savoia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel marked the beginning and the end of our splendid 2 weeks in Italy. It was my first trip to this wonderful nation and am glad we chose to stay here.

We arrived at 6am after a 12 hour flight from Asia, not expecting a room to be available at this hour. But the hotel was gracious enough to grant us a room on the the lower floor, I was amazed with the generous room size. Very well maintained, probably renovated for a year or two.

But what amazes me is the knowledge and professionalism displayed by the concierge team. We are on a holiday with no fixed agenda, sans the must-see places and attractions, we totally relied on recommendations by the hotels we stayed in or the city app by tripadvisor, totally free and easy. The restaurants recommended were all superb in their own way, though not all we liked, but they are nonetheless good and credible restaurants. One of the gentlemen even remembered the train takes exactly 33 minutes from Milan to Lake Como! How's that for precision?

This hotel tops the other 3 hotels we stayed during this trip, set the benchmark for the unfortunate ones that followed, which one of them in Rome failed badly in comparison.

One small thing to your attention, I cant remember if it was room 127 when we first arrived, you have a small problem at the shower cubicle, the water doesn't flow as nicely, hence I had water at my ankle height after every shower. You may want to rectify that.

I will definitely be back here in my next visit to Rome. Thank you for the 2 wonderful stays during our trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear LeeCK,
thank you for this extensive review!
We understand the need to unwind after a long flight, but above all the need for a trusted source of suggestions while visiting a foreign country.
I will make sure to pass your comments on to our concierge team.
Thank you for reporting the problem with the shower as well.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Principe di Savoia upon your next trip to Milan.
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I went to Principe with my wife on our honeymoon. Milan was amaizing and the hotel simply great! The ambience and the atmosphere unique, excellent service. We got a Deluxe room which was one ofthe most elegant standard room I have ever seen in my life! The food?? no words for the quality of the buffet breakfast. I even crossed paths with queen of pop.

Hotel is blocks from train station.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Mexicanexplorer,
thank you for sharing your review of Hotel Principe di Savoia.
We were thrilled to give our contribution to such an important moment of your lives.

Should you want to visit us again - maybe on your anniversary?- please do let me know and I will make sure that you receive a proper welcome back to Milan.

chicago, illlinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Loved this hotel. It was so clean and beautiful. My friend and I stayed there for business and there was plenty of room for both of us. The beds were very comfortable and we loved the down comforters and pillows. The bathroom was super modern and really pretty. Concierge was very helpful except I felt that they recommended the same restaurants to us every night...and to everyone that asked. As if they had some type of "deal" with these restaurants. Otherwise, they were very helpful in helping me map out my walk to the Duomo and helped us to get to Lake Como for the day. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear jgilly74,
thank you for sharing your review.
We like to take care of those business travellers who walk in after a long flight and need some sound rest. I'm truly pleased if you appreciated your accomodation.

Our concierge is an overwhelming source of information about the city, the hotel and its whereabouts. As you certainly noticed, during August a lot of shops and restaurants are closed in Milan, which is probably the reason why the same ones were suggested to you day after day - they were the only ones still available.

We hope to welcome you back at Hotel Principe di Savoia upon your next travel to Milan,
Best Regards
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I am so glad to have stayed here, always felt at home when walking into my room. The hotel is located about a 15 minute walk to the main tourist area, or a quick complimentary shuttle. The staff is always ready to assist in anything you request. My room was very clean and the bed was ultra comfortable. The only gripe was the shower door did not close all the way so water leaked onto the bathrooms marble floor. Other than that I would return or recommend this property to others. La dolce vita!

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will make sure to pass your comments on to our staff.

We hope to welcome you back soon upon your next stay in Milan,
Sincerely
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a truly luxurious hotel. It is not the most innovative or modern. But is is a hotel with flawless service and most impressive concierge service. The design is traditional and "castle like". And on top of it all, the restaurant is fantastic. With nothing less than champagne on the breakfast buffe! The only negative is that the gym/spa feels a bit old and worn out. The shuttle service is good and simple to use.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PrincipediSavoia, General Manager at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Elin B,
thank you for sharing your review about Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I agree with you that service is what makes a stay truly luxurious. We do our best to meet all of our Guests' needs, where possible.
Our rooms and common areas were refurbished only a few years ago: I am glad to read that you appreciate their style.
Please be assured that your comment about the gym has been noted.

We hope to welcome you back again at the Principe,
Sincerely
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

There is no hotel in Milan or within the Dorchester collection that matches the standards of this property. I have lost count of the number of times I have stayed in this wonderful hotel. And everytime it has been a positive, inspirational experience. The service levels are amazing, the staff refined, friendly and dedicated to their professions. Checking out is difficult and yes I will return again next week for another business trip at Il Principe di Savoia. Ezio Indiani, Angelo Rizzi and their team of colleagues bring a new dimension to the guest experience from the moment you arrive to when you depart. The levels of professionalism and dedication to excellence is evident in the passion and attention to detail given to guests. Irrespective of how stressful your working day is, an oasis of elegance and calm await you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark P
Dear Mark P,
thank you for this kind review.
I am most glad to see that you consider the Principe di Savoia your home in Milan.
We take particular pride in being able to welcome returning Guests, especially when we can provide the relax and safety needed on a business trip.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our hotel.