“One of the best in Milano”

Hotel Principe Di Savoia
Ranked #8 of 427 Hotels in Milan
New York City, New York
“One of the best in Milano”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

The glamour of the 80's is gone. The hotel went under a lot of renovation. Rooms (most of them very spacious) have been redone. I stayed at the hotel 3 times since July.
I didn't enjoy the room of my last stay. Lights in the room are too bright and very complicated to
operate.impractical not because it is new technology, but not well thought out.
furnitures are copies of the old one without the charm and the quality. Great bathroom
Restaurant....very good
The staff is great and the service is impeccable.
One of the best hotel in Milano

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, December 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We certainly strive to provide impeccable service throughout the hotel and I am glad you hear that you found this to be true . In particular I am delighted to hear that you appreciated Acanto restaurant and its fine Italian cuisine.

Best Regards,

Antonella Sgobba,
Hotel Principe di Savoia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Stayed during summer, the hotel is in a great place with Metro station right outside and a short walk to the main shopping streets etc. The main train station is a walk away also. The rooms are incredible, the bathrooms are beautiful with a proper deep bath! The concierge helped us a lot, we turned up with a list of things to do and they told us more about the places we wanted to go and gave us a map and marked out where they were. They were certainly aware of their surroundings and knew everything about anything we asked, they couldn't have been more helpful. The bar which was kinda of in the lobby (I am told the main hotel bar is closed during August - as is much of Italy!) was lovely, the decor was excellent and very comfortable. It was a very posh hotel but it wasn't intimidating and we didn't feel at all out of place. We visited the pool on the top floor for a swim and the views are amazing! If/when I go back to Milan I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia.

I am really delighted to hear you had a lovely experience at our Hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I will certainly pass your kind comments to our concierge team who are always able to give the best tips on what is going on in Milan.

Moreover, I am delighted to hear that would come back again at Hotel Principe di Savoia and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Paris
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This is a beautiful 5 star experience. The glamour of the hotel is slightly faded but it still has great charm. It is situated a bit outside the centre but there is a free hotel shuttle into the city or take the metro which is a short walk away. I stayed for two nights and paid Eur 220 per night. I had the luck to arrive late and get upgraded to a fantastic suite in the tower section. It's in a separate building joined by a covered walkway. The suite was a real suite with a sitting room, two bathrooms and a large bedroom. Large flat screen TVs with free cable in both main rooms. There was excellent quality linen with generous Aqua di Parma toiletries.

The one draw back is that although I had a bargain on the room rate, everything you buy in the hotel is eyewateringly expensive. A pot of coffee and an OJ in the morning EUR27. The set breakfast EUR50, a room service pizza EUR30, a mini bar beer EUR8. Luckily in the quiet residential roads behind the hotel there are a number of excellent family run trattorias where you can have a great meal with wine for around EUR40.

The service is impeccable and the check-in highly efficient.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.
I am thrilled to hear that your experience lived up to your expectations and in particular that you appreciated our rooms and service which is what we strive and we like to known for.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

$680canadian/night; superb coffee; amazing bed/matress. Cool pool area however cramped gym facility. Amazing hotel overall. Would have been nice at this price point to have wifi included in the price & also in room coffee (nespresso). With that said i'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I’m delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you truly appreciated our rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you soon at Hotel Principe di Savoia.
Best Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I'm normally a fan of the more modern boutique hotels, but was in Milan on business for two nights and had the pleasure of staying at this establishment. I didn;t even know that it was part of thr Dorchester Collection until i was working at teh desk and noticed a book about it. The hotel certainly deserves its place as part of teh world famous chain. I was upgraded to the most elegant of suites and was taken to my room by the receptionist who checked me in which I thought was nice touch. The room was spacious and comfortable with gorgeous furniture and the bathroom was decked out in Acqua de Palma products which I love.

I ordered room service as I arrived late and went for a pizza - which to my suprise was delicious and rustic and arrived very quickly and still hot. Breakfast did not disappoint and get ready for a feast of sweet pastries and cold delights. I must say on the hot breakfast from teh selection was slightly limited but still tasty.

The only thing I would say that led me to give it 4 stars instead of 6 is that teh internet in my room was not working and the bed was on teh firm side of things.

Other than that, I would go back in an instant!

Room Tip: I would reccommend room 101
1 Thank MrsJBT
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback with us and for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoedpur excellent room service and our breakfast.
However, please accept my apologies regarding the internet not working which we have now fixed.

We look forward to welcoing you beack soon at Hotel Principe di Savoia,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I was part of a big group travelling. Having visited the rooms of the rest of my friends, I would say my room on the 9th floor was one of the nicest. Spacious, newly refurbished, but still with the charms of the history. Great gym - small but adequate, though they close at 10pm - a little early in my opinion. Did not get to try out the heated pool, but definitely looks inviting.

I know all good hotels comes with a price tag, but 6 Euros for a thermal flask of hot water seems quite outrageous, especially since it is not uncommon for rooms to provide a hot water flask. And a whole fruit tart cost 300 Euros at the bar. (!!!)

The staffs were polite and professional, but not really warm and welcoming. As one of the drivers explained, it is northern Italy - people tend to be this way in general.

All in all a good, comfortable stay with very professional and polite services, but the lack of warmth and hospitality makes it un-deserving of a full 5 out of 5 rating.

1 Thank effynaffy
Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia and for sharing your feedback with us.

I am very glad to hear that you appreciated our properties and the charme of our historical building.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 14, 2011

As of this writing, the Principe is rated in the top 10 of Milan hotels but there is no way there is a better property. The service standards are simply the best I've experienced in Europe and the property is beautiful in every way, just like the bustling city that it is home to. I would like to especially recognize the competent, eager and friendly concierge staff - though truly every staff member at Principe di Savoia is completely on their game. The valet team is particularly strong as well. Beautiful rooms, a fine location - simply perfection. And, yes, the service has everything to do with it. Congratulations to management for such a sterling operation. One of the world's best hotels.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
PrincipediSavoia, Director of Sales and Marketing at Hotel Principe Di Savoia, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Principe di Savoia and for sharing your feedback with us.

It is with a great pleasure that I read your kind comments. I am very glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed our property and that your experience exceeded your expectations.

Pleas rest assured that I will pass on your kind compliments to our concierges, our management team and the entire staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Principe di Savoia,