“Great Location and Great Service”

Grand Hotel et de Milan
Ranked #8 of 431 Hotels in Milan
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Location and Great Service”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The location of this hotel is truly convenient. It's a 5 to 7 minute walk to the scala, galleria and the Duomo. A 15 minute walk brings you to palace and the tourist bus tours. Cross the street and you are at Monte Napolean the main shopping street.

Service was excellent from our check in and attentive. The concierge/front desk stuff was extremely helpful with reservations. There were two incidences that truly struck me how well the staff was trained in service. I had a reservation pre-booked at Cracco and the hotel knew this and while i was away in Florence, they confirmed my bookings and when i checked back in, they had everything arranged already.

We had bought a gift from a leather shop Valextra near-bye and was getting engraved and was told to collect it at 7pm. We were slightly late and when we arrived at the shop at 7.15, the shop was already closed. We tried calling the shop but only got the answering machine. We went back to the hotel and asked the concierge/front desk staff Derek if he could assist. He tried and got the same answering machine.

We left then for our dinner appointment but when we got back to the hotel, Derek had continued calling and had finally got someone who delivered the gift to the hotel and it was waiting for us in our room.

To me great service is when staff perform over my expectations and this was truly the case with this hotel.

Rooms were spacious and a proper 5 star room unlike many hotel rooms in europe. Breakfast was good and coffee excellent. The in-house hotel Don Carlos is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ramukavisved
mpage, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the feedback of your stay at the Grand Hotel et de Milan. It is a pleasure that you appreciated your overall experience.

We will share your positive comments about the service with all the Team; we always do our utmost to satisfy our customers’ need in the most personalized way and it is truly motivating when recognized.

Antonio Cailotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Armonk, New York
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The Grand Hotel is definitely a 5 star hotel nicely located just a short walk to the shops, the Duomo and other fun neighborhoods like the Brera District. The hotel serves a very nice breakfast with a wide assortment of cereals, yogurts, meats, cheese and pastries. One may also order eggs, bacon, pancakes, omelets, etc and their coffee is very good.

My wife and I spent two nights at the Grand Hotel and our room was very comfortable. We opted for a double classic room and we were pleasantly surprised by its size. Not only did we have more than enough room, but the closets were very generous and the marble bathroom was huge. The linens, towels and accessories were what one should expect from a 5 star hotel and the room was decorated tastefully. We also had a small balcony that we used to check out the outside temperature as well as to watch the people on the street below us. Our room was very quiet and we both slept very well.

I would be remiss if I did not mention the service. the front desk was most helpful with dinner reservation as well as trying to procure tickets to see Da Vinci's Last Supper. But the housekeeping was amazing. Not only was our room clean, but new towels, soaps, shampoos, etc were constantly replenished. It was easy to recognize that a lot of pride was evident in the condition of our room. I would highly recommend this hotel and having previously stayed at the Four Seasons (which we liked) this hotel is half the price and a warmer and friendlier place to stay. If we return to Milan we will definitely stay at the Grand Hotel even if it was the same price as the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 111, which had a small balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ase1707
mpage, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the feedback of your stay at the Grand Hotel et de Milan. It is a pleasure to learn that you appreciated your accommodation as well as our breakfast at the Caruso Restaurant.

Certainly we will share your positive comments with all our Team and we really thank you for your kind words regarding our Front Desk and Housekeeping service, your comments are always helpful in order to keep doing our very best to satisfy guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you again, maybe in the near future, I send you my best regards.

Muscat, Masqat, Oman
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My family(my wife and our son of 8 years)and i stayed in this superb hotel for two nights. The check-in flawless and we had booked junior suite. One of the staff member's showed us to the room. Beautifully laid out room. Lot's of space and good size bathroom. Very good quality of amenities in the bathroom. Not like some large hotels that use generic brand.

Superb location, as it just five steps!!!! from the hotel to world of shopping paradise.Few minutes walk to Duomo and the Opera house.

Excellent choice for breakfast and i learned couple new coffee names from the staff. The restaurant also has a patio, so you can sit outside.

Dinner at Don Carlos was very good. The restaurant manager was not only accommodative, but was also understanding, for our specific diet requirement. The staff was always smiling and were close by any time.

The room and the bathroom were spotlessly cleaned.

This hotel brings back the olden days, where staying in hotel was very personal and staff just did not work there, but were part of the family who ran or owned the hotel.

I would reccomend this hotel, to anyone who wishes to experience "The Golden age" My son who is only 8 years has travelled with us from the time he was 6 months, only twice he has said, "papa can we come back to this hotel again" first time was at the Four Seasons in Vancouver and second time in Grand Hotel er de Milan.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Apurva M
mpage, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comment on your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Et De Milan. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your experience here, our restaurants and the services we offer.

We always do our utmost in making the experience of each guest special and your kind words will certainly motivate us to keep up the good work and do whatever possible to make our guests’ stay unique.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family again soon, I send you my best regards.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have been coming back here since i was a small kid and my parents used to take me here for their business trips to Milano. Every time I enter the lobby I feel like going back in time, in a period of great wealth, class and pride in great service...

Room Tip: Ask for the room That the great composer Verdi used to sleep in, it's a treat!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ItaloAmerican73
mpage, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comment and for keep choosing our Hotel during your stays in Milan; we always try to keep the atmosphere untouched and we are delighted to learn that you appreciate it.

Your kind words motivate us all to do our very best in satisfying our guest in the most personalized way.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon I send you my best regards.

Direttore Generale
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst on business. The hotel is located centrally about 5 minutes walk from the Duomo & La Scala Opera House. The hotel itself is the oldest working hotel in Milan and is situated in the fashion district (next to Armani Hotel). The room I had was spacious, comfortable with a small Venetian balcony and a large bathroom with bath & shower. The staff were really attentive and helpful and if it's not in use, happy to show you the suite where Verdi lived for many years (and unfortunately died). Breakfast was good and the restaurant was also very enjoyable. As city hotels go, this was quite "opulent" in it's style as opposed to functional. I would definitely stay again. Only reason for no 5 star was that I felt drinks etc were silly prices....

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comment on your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Et De Milan; it is a pleasure to learn that you appreciated the overall experience and the historical atmosphere of our Hotel.

We always try to preserve the heritage of the hotel and we are pleased to learn that you visited also our Verdi Suite, which is an essential element of the Grand Hotel Et De Milan.

Your kind words motivate us all to be our very best in satisfying our guest in the most personalized way.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

In a time when most hotels are a place to sleep and take a shower it is a pleasure to see a hotel that aspires to be something else and succeeds
This is what hotels used to be about and should be about
Beautiful rooms
Gracious service
Good food
A sense that your the guest is actually important and that your money was well spent
If only this weren't a vanishing breed

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Trave4
mpage, Direttore generale at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the feedback of the Grand Hotel Et De Milan. It is a pleasure that you appreciated your stay and the services we offer.

We always try to do our best in making the experience of each guest special and you kind words certainly make us feel like we are going in the right direction, giving us a positive input for the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've just been to Milan and stayed at the Grand Hotel et de Milan with my husband and another couple.
Despite the atrocious weather-the staff made us so welcome. The rooms were opulent and spacious. When I mentioned that we were all celebrating our 50th birthdays during the year-so this was a celebratory weekend for all 4 of us- we were surprised with a chilled bottle of Prosecco and a beautiful generous Tiramisu cake delivered to our room! They even provided a cake box to bring the rest of the cake home! The staff are all exceptionally professional and nothing was too much for them. We had a delightful stay and would happily return or recommend to friends. The location is also fantastic. Close to La Scala and the Duomo. But the Metro was very handy especially to escape the downpours -but still get around.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank pallujpatel
mpage, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel et de Milan, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the feedback of your stay at the Grand Hotel Et De Milan.

It is a pleasure that you appreciated your accommodation as well as our service.

We thank you for your kind words and we will keep doing our best in making each guest’s experience special.