“Elegant and great location...”

Grand Hotel et de Milan
Ranked #10 of 430 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We found the Grand Hotel et de Milan to be a very sophisticated hotel with old-world charm and top notch service. Sadly the Don Carlos restaurant was closed during our stay. While connecting rooms are not available, our two rooms (across the hall) were very large and well appointed with large bathrooms. All of the hotel staff were friendly, attentive and pleased to offer assistance; its location, two minutes from la Scala, the Duomo and the premier shopping district, worked well for us.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 2, 2013

the hotel was stunning , the high ceilings and the decor was warm and welcoming . I must salute the excellent and prompt service of the Clef d'or concierge . I had to book a ticket for Geneva and he did it in less than an hour,sent it to the room perfect ! The whole staff is so hospitable and professional it really gives you a great feeling . The room was wonderful ( I think I got upgraded so thank you very much !) What I most loved is the fantastic quality of the toiletries .Usually the shampoo and conditioner do no good for your hair but those made mine look wow and smell good ! One of the reasons why I rated excellent . Another reason why I love this hotel is their room service and the quality of the food . From the call to the room 20 minutes sharp. I ordered a Chef's salad which was delicious and I found the small cookies plate on the side delightful after a salty meal.Breakfast the next day was pleasant as well I ordered some eggs Benedict that were a bit too cooked but still very good. The choice is nice and you feel that the quality of the fresh products .That same night I had dinner at their fine dining restaurant I thought it was fabulous apart from the food and wine the added value is their restaurant manager who is extremely passionate about his job and is always here to recommend you wisely. My only complain is that they should put two bottles of water during turn down instead of one ! Nonetheless Had a great stay would come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. The service was extraordinary -- both polite and friendly. They really paid attention to any request. I actually came down with a flu while I was there and they couldn't have been more helpful... They offered to call a doctor for me, they sent up room service with soup, etc.
The hotel is also very beautiful. I am a modernist but really enjoyed it's old world design, high ceilings, large windows. It's in a great section of town, convenient to everything.
The breakfasts were in a lovely room with excellent service and a broad choice of foods, both hot and cold.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This historic hotel is beautifully decorated. Our junior suite was huge (even by American standards.) Furnishing were combo of antique & modern. The bathroom was enormous & again beautifully decorated. Location was perfect for us. Walking distance to duomo, la scala, shopping, etc. We were treated to complimentary bottle of champagne shortly after checking in. Also, we would find a bowl of fresh fruit in our room every couple of days. One evening we left the card on the door for breakfast to be delivered next morning. It never arrived. We called room service & they were extremely apologetic. Apparently delivered to wrong room. Asked if we wanted it sent up then. We declined, deciding to just grab something out of hotel. Within 5 minutes, a knock on our door & there was our order, plus extra goodies, all complimentary & again very apologetic about the error. They managed to turn our one bad experience into a very delightful one. Awesome hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very disappointed with such a luxury hotel. Smokey drapes, poor service, and unpleasant staff. It was our Christmas holiday. The hotel was lovely, but the service and cleanliness of the room was very poor. Would not recommend. There are many other hotels with a higher standard of service and quality.

Room Tip: Not a pleasant and comfortable stay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanmarie28
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had high hopes for this hotel based on reviews and the high price of a room. I think we paid almost $800 dollars and this was not even for a high end room. There was no view and the room was cramped with little room to store luggage. I get that rooms in Europe are small, but I expect more at this price point. The service was just ok minus very helpful concierges. I don't like it when waiters act better than you. The location was okay if you like fashion, but at night time the area was dead and we weren't overwhelmed by the number of restaurant selections. My husband was here on business and changed hotels to Starhotels Rosa, which is right next to Duomo. I think in general, Milan is a bit run down....so maybe that's what's going on here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LRice68005
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is really a Grand Hotel. Aside from its great location, the service is impeccable . The rooms and bathrooms are very well appointed. The ambiance is very old world which should be preserved. They make you feel like a queen in this hotel. This is the third year in a row that I have stayed here. After staying here, I will never consider another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple