“Central location, wonderful building”

Grand Hotel et de Milan
Ranked #8 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed in Grand Hotel et de Milan for one night. The location is very central close to Montenapoleone metro station and the street with the same name. The d'uomo, best bars, boutiques and shopping locations are at walking distance.
Our room had a balcony, and we had a a view on the bar located on the corner opposite to the hotel.
in general you can hardly find a quiet hotel in Milan city center, but the isolation was great, so we could sleep very well. Bed was very comfortable and I never had so many pillows on the bed.
Room and bathroom were very clean, we didn't miss anything there.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Book a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pupazzzina

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Absolutely fantastic. From the moment I pulled up in the car I was greeted both with enthusiasm and importance. On entering the reservation staff greeted me by name and had my early check in ready to go. I was upgraded to a Junior suite which was very nice. I had the the Assistant Manger welcome me and escort to my room. The room was well appointed and I thought the location of the Hotel was very good. My only disappointment was that I only had time to stay there for 1 night, but will be back next time I'm in Milan. Thank you again!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris13Melbourne
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed here recently for a long weekend after being recommended by friends. I was greeted on my arrival by friendly helpful staff. The hotel is stylish and elegant and my room was situated in the inner courtyard which was very quiet. The bathroom was large and spacious and had a lovely walk in shower. In a previous review they had complained about the tv and internet but i didn't go to Milan to stay in my room as there is so much to see and do within walking distance of the hotel ie the Duomo, La Scala, restaurants and fantastic shopping!!
The breakfast was very good with lots of choice and served in a bright sunny room and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. In the evening i was joined by friends and we had drinks in the comfortable and elegant bar. I loved my stay at this hotel and would definately recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room dont have one facing the street - ask for one in the inner courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gillian W
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The Grand Hotel is a great combination of old and new world. The rooms are lovely and have all the modern conveniences. The 24 hour room service is great if you're working international hours. I was there the week after Fashion Week and they were still having events at the hotel. It is a stone's throw from great fashion stores. You are in the heart of Milan and can walk everywhere. It was a great base from which to tour a beautiful city. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I love this hotel. I stay here in business but would love to come on vacation. It is excellent for business but would be lovely for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend on my first trip to Milan, in the Maria Callas Suite. Arriving jet-lagged and sleep deprived, the surroundings were overwhelmingly beautiful. From the high-ceilings, to the tall windows, classic decor, large bathrooms and general opulence, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect place to experience the city.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda_N28
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We were greeted by professional staff upon check in. Each of them are courteous and efficient.
Also, the location of the Grand Hotel was the best for shopping and spending a few days in Milan. It is literally across Via Napoleone and it is very convenient.
The room is classically decorated, not too old school but the color is very neutral and comfortable. Our room is very spacious (fitting all 4 giant pieces of luggage - we just finished skiing in Switzerland!) and the bathroom is also very spacious (what a treat in Europe!)

The concierge deserves a special mention as they helped us with getting the "Last Supper" tickets on line. They also made numerous restaurant recommendations and bookings for us. Thank you Walter and Tarik!!!

We will certainly come back to the Grand.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple