Hotel Manin
Hotel Cavour(Milan)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspark viewnice hotelshopping areavia della spigaduomo cathedralroom was clean and comfortablebrera districtwalking distancegood sizerecommend this hotelfashion districtbit datedbig roomnice stayhotel restaurantfantastic locationnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have booked for 2 nights at this hotel with a view to staying here with a group of 12 women next year, for several days(as part of a tour). 1. helpful porter 2. no interest at check-in 3.quite roomy room for one 4. difficult to get on-line in room and impossible in the lobby 5. no help with anything! 6. asked for tourist map and information -got handed a map (which doesn't show the hotel) - so I asked "is there anything else" - no, was the curt reply.
The lobby is like a morgue - no music no cheerfuness no welcome.In a word - dour.
Wish I had booked another hotel as I am not welcome here.

Room Tip: just do not stay here if you want friendly helpful front of house.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
dcolombo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Manin, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to express my sincerest thanks for the observations you sent us regarding your experience in our hotel.
I will take them in mind and we will review some wrong attitudes.
I hope, anyway, that You will come again and stay in our place.
Warm regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed 2 nights on a secret hotel deal and were really pleased. Very nice room with good size en suite with bath. Good location for all sights and convenient for metro. Opposite a pleasant park. Shame about the charge for wi if in room when in cheaper hotels it was free. Would stay again

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
dcolombo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Manin, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Sirs,
thank You so much for sharing with us Your point of view.
I hope we will be able to have once again the privilege to host You here.
Accept our warmest regards

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We enjoyed the Manin. it was within walking distance to the Duomo and La Scala area, was on a wonderful park, and near the Metro. The room was great with all amenities and brunch was a delight. our room was over the light for the hotel making it hard to darken the room, but we coped just fine. no women on the desk or in the dining room...

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the park If possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurym1

Dear Guests,
I hope that You will come again and stay with us here at the Manin.
With our warmest regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in late Sept 2012. The staff was very professional and helpful. It is very clean and in a great location. I highly recommend it. I will stay there again in 2013. It is more like a business class hotel that a boutique- which is great for when you first arrive in a country from the USA.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
dcolombo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Manin, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Guests,
thank You so much for your beautiful review
We will be honoured to see You again in 2013
Waiting for you..
Accept our warmest regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My first impression of this hotel was that it looked cold and impersonal. The rooms are not warm and inviting at all and upon arrival the front desk staff acted as cold and impersonal as the hotel looked.

We had an extraordinary event occur during our stay. My 8 year old daughter opened the glass closet door and it came off the runner and smashed, narrowly missing injuring her. Or worse. Jagged pieces of glass were everywhere. Really scary. I feel that the hotel staff's response did not match the seriousness of the event. They promised to move us while we were at dinner. However they just gave us a different room and left our stuff in the one covered in glass. That meant my 81 year old mother had to walk on the glass to get her toiletries etc. and I'm talking a lot of broken glass. The new room's AC didn't work (they offered yet another move) so we had to open the windows and the street noise kept us up all night. Morning. Glass still not cleaned up. So now it was back walking on it to get clothes etc.

The hotel is lucky that my mother--did I mention she walks with a cane--didn't fall on that carpet of glass.

At first they offered a small discount on our bill. But maybe the danger they'd put
us in finally sunk in and they gave us the first night free. It has been a few days since we left, and despite that adjustment I don't think they handled the situation well. The woman in charge seemed nice enough, but overall considering what might have happened--due to their flimsy construction--no one was appropriately apologetic.

However you are probably not going to have this same problem. So to be fair I will point out that there is a big beautiful garden for coffee and drinks and snacks where we spent a lot of time. The breakfast is plentiful and yummy. There's a big public park across the street.

Even so, there was an unwelcoming atmosphere. With the exception of the female manager, the staff acted like you were bothering them. I asked about wifi and the guy seemed incredibly put out and dismissive.

Despite the accident, I didn't like the vibe here.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank annmariehood
Davide C, Direttore generale at Hotel Manin, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Dear Guest,
please contact us for any further information you might need
regards